Author Topic: Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online (Wii & WiiU)  (Read 22026 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online (Wii & WiiU)
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2011, 01:45:37 PM »
Why be Human?
Personally prefer to not be when I have a choice.  I don't have a singly Human WoW character for example.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Yuusha

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2011, 01:52:03 PM »
Why be Human?
Personally prefer to not be when I have a choice.  I don't have a singly Human WoW character for example.
Personally I always pick human in mmorpgs because I don't like the designs of the other races you typically see.

In DQX, I prefer to be Human because that's what I relate to the most out of the other races.Also, I like being the hero.

I'll still use a female ogre, wedi, and the Elf looking race as Ai party members for Soloing.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
DQX Direct Feed shots
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2011, 02:56:07 PM »
A bunch of DQX Direct Feed Shots were released today
http://www.4gamer.net/games/139/G013991/20110914073/

Some shots look better than others, but I still they look far below what the Wii is capable of. Maybe slighter better than DS, but I think they could have done so much more (like Xenoblade).

Hopefully the Wii U version looks more like the CG shots.

sample: (what the Wii version looks like)

and some of the CG (what I hope the Wii U version looks like)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2011, 11:18:35 PM »
DQX site up
http://www.dqx.jp/

direct feed trailer ;)
HD (720p): http://www.dqx.jp/promotion/01_fl_hd.php
Large (360p): http://www.dqx.jp/promotion/01_fl_l.php
Small (240p): http://www.dqx.jp/promotion/01_fl_s.php

OMG Please let the Wii U version look like the CG animated part.
so clean, smooth, anti-aliased and not flat looking.

^What the Wii U version should look like

After watching it in motion in HD, it didn't look too bad, more like a GC game, but I am definitely holding off for a Wii U version which should easily be able to pull off the perfect cartoon look of the CG.

More pics from trailer:

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:56:58 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2011, 10:40:21 AM »
She's cute.  Eyes are flat.  That would be impressive.  If the WiiU is as beefy as rumored I could see them pulling that off pretty close.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2011, 12:31:01 PM »
The thing is about making the game that pretty for Wii U, they would have to re-do all of the assets and basically make the Wii U version the definitive version even though it has yet to prove itself on the market place.

Would it be bad judgement to go all in and make the Wii U version amazing? Probably not, but it mostly depends on how much extra money is needed. Still, in general terms it is very risky.

This would be a perfect moment for Nintendo to *wink wink nudge nudge* a little capital their way to alleviate some of the risk.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:33:13 PM by The Unagi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2011, 12:51:16 PM »
I would figure that the decision was made a while back for this to come to Wii U so the assets themselves where made accordingly.  For all we know those could be the Wii U assets being used for the cutscenes.

Though by its very nature of coming out later the WiiU version would need to be the definitive version.  With the Wii's saturation it's pretty safe to assume that anyone who wants this game will have this game.  A port that doesn't take advantage of the unique features and extra horsepower would be a waste.  This being DQ isn't enough to buy a different platform version of a game you already own.  Not to mention they probably have at least 6 months to be working on the game and can keep in mind the WiiU version when they are making different assets.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2011, 12:55:56 PM »
It would also give everyone (in Japan) a HUGE incentive to buy a WiiU @ launch and double dip on the game.

If Nintendo and SE are smart, they wouldn't mention the WiiU version again until after the Wii version is out. Market the Wii version heavily, achieve that 4 million is sales, then during a commercial right after the Wii U launch, show nothing but gameplay that looks like the CG in the trailer and at the end of the commercial say, "Now available for Wii U".

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2011, 12:59:26 PM »
I agree with you. Nintendo and SE should make the most of having a huge RPG ready at launch. That still doesn't make it any less risky though.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2011, 06:52:07 PM »
I don't see what's so bad about the screens, Dragon Quest has always had a simplistic art style and this game looks way better than any of them.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2011, 10:51:02 PM »
The environments, they're just empty looking. I don't think there's a great leap over DQVIII, a game that had the same problem. Give me Metroid Prime-detailed environments anyday.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »
More DQX Details
http://andriasang.com/comybe/

- The game's story will have lots of volume, with the hope that players can continue to play online for a long time.
- Outside of story, you'll find a lot of gameplay content, as each of the game's five races have their own specific quests.
- While it's common for online games to not have an "ending" with a "last boss," it appears that this will not apply to DQX.
- The game's inn facility will now have a concierge. The concierge will give you info about events.
- While the game will have auto save, you'll still be able to go to the church to pray in order to save.
- The game will have a post office through which you can send letters and items to friends without directly meeting.
- The game world will be many times bigger than Dragon Quest VIII's massive world.
- Your player character is actually human, but after some sort of happening, he turns into one of the five announced races.
- You start the game off in a small village, where you live with either your brother or sister. The game's character making feature allows you to create this family member as well.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2011, 04:26:29 PM »
More DQX screen shots, characters and monsters
http://andriasang.com/comydk/

It's starting to grow on me, but Wii should be able to produce better results than what SE is currently showing off in these screenshots.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
DQX Wii U Looks Beautiful!
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2011, 01:26:57 AM »
New Dragon Quest X details; Wii U version is “extremely beautiful”
also, additional jobs to be added after release.
http://andriasang.com/comzej/dqx_jump_festa/
As reported at Famitsu.com, producer Yosuke Saito and director Jin Fujizawa said that the game will be updated with additional jobs following release. Currently, the game is scheduled to launch with the six previously announced jobs. However, in the future, we could see additional jobs, including jobs that one would not expect of the DQ series.

Asked about the differences between the Wii and Wii U versions, Saito said, "The Wii version is totally fun! The Wii U version is totally fun! And it's also extremely beautiful." He added that if you have two systems, you and a friend can play together.
via: nintendoeverything.com

I really hope the Wii U version looks as good if not better than the CG portion of the Wii version.

Also I would like to know if the Wii & Wii U version can play together. I don't see why the wouldn't, and maybe it's already been addressed, but if you know, can you answer?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2011, 11:06:21 AM »
New Dragon Quest X details; Wii U version is “extremely beautiful”
also, additional jobs to be added after release.
http://andriasang.com/comzej/dqx_jump_festa/
As reported at Famitsu.com, producer Yosuke Saito and director Jin Fujizawa said that the game will be updated with additional jobs following release. Currently, the game is scheduled to launch with the six previously announced jobs. However, in the future, we could see additional jobs, including jobs that one would not expect of the DQ series.

Asked about the differences between the Wii and Wii U versions, Saito said, "The Wii version is totally fun! The Wii U version is totally fun! And it's also extremely beautiful." He added that if you have two systems, you and a friend can play together.
via: nintendoeverything.com

I really hope the Wii U version looks as good if not better than the CG portion of the Wii version.

Also I would like to know if the Wii & Wii U version can play together. I don't see why the wouldn't, and maybe it's already been addressed, but if you know, can you answer?

Does DQ have "Lady of the Night" or "Burger Flipper"?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2013, 11:02:13 AM »

Looks to have a March 30th release
Maybe this can save the Wii U in Japan

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2013, 08:02:04 PM »
Looks good enough, I still was expecting it to look better on the WiiU but I guess it was too much to ask.  All I have to say though is that given the graphics, the world better damn well be MASSIVE and have no loading as I travel.  Thats the only excuse I would take for them to be putting out graphics like this on the WiiU. 

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2013, 06:23:48 PM »
The graphics are what they are because the online play is compatible with the Wii version, so they couldn't change it too much.

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2013, 07:19:32 PM »
I hope Nintendo doesn't take two years to release this game in the states, I am really looking forward to play this game.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308