Author Topic: Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online (Wii & WiiU)  (Read 22024 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Quest X still coming to Wii....
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2011, 03:36:40 PM »
Doesn't Nintendo publish Dragon Quest games in North America now? If so, the odds are pretty high.

Reggie: Sure, we'll be publishing another compilation of NES and SNES games.
Everyone: W-What about Xenoblade?
Reggie: What's a Xenoblade?
Everyone: O......kay.... what about The Last Story?
Reggie: **** off.
Does this come from Japan? Yes.
Do People Want it? Yes.
Is it already Localized? Yes.
Has NCL say I have to Publish it? No.

Not coming to North America.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2011, 04:42:49 PM »

If the Operatiin Rainfall stuff were going to have an effect (which I'm still almost certain it won't), this would be how it would happen. NOA's not going to change its mind, but if we attract enough attention that NCL comes up to bat for us, something might happen.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2011, 05:44:59 PM »

If the Operatiin Rainfall stuff were going to have an effect (which I'm still almost certain it won't), this would be how it would happen. NOA's not going to change its mind, but if we attract enough attention that NCL comes up to bat for us, something might happen.
Which means we are sending are letters to the wrong branch.  They should be flooding Iwata's desk. Or Severally annoy all of the board members till they give like I originally suggested.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 04:09:41 PM »
The Dragon Quest compilation won't come to North America (or Europe likely) because they would have to localize the SNES versions of the games. Considering that such a compilation would be a niche product here, I doubt they would consider it worth the trouble.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2011, 07:04:32 PM »
If the collection does come to North America, it is going to contain only the NES versions of I, II, and III, and be offered as a pre-order bonus for Dragon Quest X.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2011, 11:24:48 PM »
They should just put Dragon Warrior 1-4 on the VC. Or better yet, Dragon Warrior 1+2 for GBC on the 3DS VC.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 11:31:28 PM »
They should just put Dragon Warrior 1-4 on the VC. Or better yet, Dragon Warrior 1+2 for GBC on the 3DS VC.

I'm all for that. Throw in DQ III for the GBC, as well. IIRC, that saw a GBC re-release, too. It'd be a fair, non-cheap non-cash-in way to celebrate the anniversary.

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2011, 10:35:55 PM »
Square-Enix really should have gone with Sony. There are more then enough PS3s out there in Japan and the rest of the world that it still would have been a massive hit in Japan. Even if the numbers weren't there initially (for the system at the beginning) they had to think they would have improved and Sony wouldn't do what they could to get them up over the long term.

Nintendo has done nothing to foster RPGs on the Wii in preparation for this game. The ones they do have they sat on for a long time (after they released in Japan) and when they do put them out they ignore their largest market. The Nintendo/SE partnership is questionable anyway I feel. SE uses the DS as a dumping ground for remakes to make some cash after sinking tons of money into their HD games and PSP games. Nintendo just laps it up while they keep pushing an IP, that they don't own, that clearly isn't embraced by the west and likely never will be. The whole DQ push I feel has been a utter waste of time and money.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:37:46 PM by NeoStar9X »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2011, 10:59:08 PM »
Square Enix always puts the Dragon Quest games on the best selling system, and that is easily the Wii. Dragon Quest IX (on the DS) is the best selling game in the series outside of Japan and is the best selling game in the series overall, it became the first in the series to sell over 1 million in North America (which is good for any game). The Dragon Quest remakes have gotten great reviews and sold extremely well (same with the Final Fantasy re-makes. I fail to see how you think it has been a wast of time or money when the series has become even more successful since Nintendo starting publishing it. You may not like the games, but the facts show you are wrong on it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2011, 11:33:58 PM »
There don't need to be popular RPGs on a system before Dragon Quest is released. People will buy a system for it, at least in Japan.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 01:14:57 AM »
And if they release a special Dragon Quest themed Wii, they could probably convince a lot of existing Wii owners in Japan to buy the system again too.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2011, 01:55:01 AM »
a couple of quick updates from the event.  Big news though :) .  Game seems to be a mix of 8 and 9.  It looks like 8 but much bigger and plays like 9 where the characters are fully customizable and of your creation.  The game is online but could also be played solo.  Now for the the bigee.....A version is being developed for the WiiU and it'll be compatible online with the Wii version.  Game is looking sweet as hell so far.  I'm excited :) !!!!!!!  Be back later with pics and a trailer if NWR hasn't already jumped on it by then lol.

EDIT:  Some further info, Iwata just comfirmed that you can start with the Wii version then pick up with the WiiU version when that comes out.  Sweet.... If Squareenix can make the WiiU version look like the cell shaded cg videos in the trailer, then this will be one hell of a game. 
Here's a link to a english blog over at Adriasang that did a live cover of the conference.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/05/dq_press_conference/
I'm still looking for a source for the trailer to post for you guys.  Its floating around online somewhere.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 02:03:22 AM by Manny »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Quest X Online coming to Wii.... & Wii U!!!
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2011, 02:41:48 AM »
Here is a single pic that I found on Andriasang....

let's hope we see something MUCH MUCH better on Wii U when they reveal that.
Even the Wii is much more capable that that screen shot is letting on.
That looks like a DS game.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2011, 02:55:38 AM »
Square-Enix really should have gone with Sony.

Only a Sony fanboy would say that.
is your sanity...

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2011, 03:49:31 AM »
It sounds too online focused for me.  If its like 9 I'll get it but if it goes more into the MMORPG territory I'm out.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2011, 04:11:04 AM »
It sounds too online focused for me.  If its like 9 I'll get it but if it goes more into the MMORPG territory I'm out.

I was afraid of this too but from what I read, the game could be played completely solo with ai partners just like in 9.  To me, this looks like they took the huge world of 8 and added the features of 9.  I think that is the perfect combo.

Here is a single pic that I found on Andriasang....

let's hope we see something MUCH MUCH better on Wii U when they reveal that.
Even the Wii is much more capable that that screen shot is letting on.
That looks like a DS game.

From the gameplay videos they showed during the conference, the world looks massive.  At times, some of the locations seem to put Xenoblade to shame with how vast they seem.  This could be why some of the graphics are taking a hit. 

I got to find this damn trailer though, the cell shaded cg was really nice and I would hope thats what they would aim for on WiiU.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2011, 04:41:28 AM »
Sorry for the double post but I found the trailer plus 2 gameplay videos.  Here's the link.
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=160555&sid=dd12b8ec695d2f5c11056ddf4d8421c7

Alright, here's some quick info on whats in the videos.  The first one is the trailer.  The second one just shows what I believe to be meeting up with others in town and then heading out and battling a couple of enemies.  The third video is really interesting becuase it shows what I believe to be you making your own clothing in the game and also furnishing your  own house.  Also, the closing segment of the third video shows off some gameplay videos that really showcase the graphics in the game along with the size and draw distance to the areas.  The game looks great in my eyes and I really hope they can do much more than just uping the resolution for the WiiU version. 

Also, if you scroll down on the page, there is a roundup of all the info gathered from the event.  There is a lot of interesting things mentioned such as the Wii needing usb storage of which I am unsure about.  You'll also be able to create your own weapons and you'll gain fame if a lot of gamers use your weapon.  Your character can also join up with others online even when your not playing.  I wonder if this earns you experience points. There is so much listed that its difficult to talk about it all.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 04:47:56 AM by Manny »

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2011, 05:28:04 PM »

That's complete and utter BS. I said that because of Nintendo's own actions have proven to me they won't do what is necessary to make this a success outside of Japan. I said that due to how they've treated and continued to treat their own RPGs that they themselves have developed. I could have sworn I went further in my post and explained why I felt that way. Yet if you just read the first sentence I can see how one could have missed it.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2011, 06:19:08 PM »
A bit worried about the "social" elements they are adding (like I give a poop about custimize housing) but at least it's still 100% turn-based.  9 wasn't to bad but it lacked the charming characters and story found in 8.

Now it's just wait until the release date?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2011, 08:54:10 PM »

That's complete and utter BS. I said that because of Nintendo's own actions have proven to me they won't do what is necessary to make this a success outside of Japan. I said that due to how they've treated and continued to treat their own RPGs that they themselves have developed. I could have sworn I went further in my post and explained why I felt that way. Yet if you just read the first sentence I can see how one could have missed it.

Bull. Nintendo promoted the hell of of DQ IX, and it worked since it became the best selling game in the series outside of Japan.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
Re: Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online (Wii & WiiU)
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2011, 02:32:07 AM »
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/06/dqx_fees/

Subscription fees confirmed for online portion.  Here's hoping it gets removed for the US release similar to Monster Hunter on Wii.  As long as this is like 9 where i can play the whole game solo then this news doesn't really bother me much.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2011, 03:15:05 AM »
I'm glad Wii U will have an epic RPG from the get-go.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2011, 04:22:57 AM »
Same here, I'm currently debating the significance of this to the WiiU on the WiiU thread.  Hopefully we get some more info on this soon, hopefully at the Tokio Game Conf thats coming up if my memory serves me correct.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2011, 08:17:15 AM »
I'm glad Wii U will have an epic RPG from the get-go.

Agreed. This is the best of both worlds because the Wii U starts off with a killer title and at the same time this title will come to the Wii where it is sorely needed and long expected.
is your sanity...

Offline Yuusha

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2011, 01:43:33 PM »
As long as there is no subscription fee for America and I can play as a Human then I'm cool with the changes.Otherwise no buy.