Author Topic: So I'm an Uncle  (Read 11697 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: So I'm an Uncle
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2009, 02:06:11 PM »
You can't make me. :P

I also said games didn't have save features and yet some of them did. I don't hear any complaining about that...

I choose my battles stubbornly.

So how's your nephew Stratos?? I wish I had a spare security blanket to send ya, cuz I have an awesome one I plan on giving to my best friends 4month old daughter when i visit her for the first time later this month (she was born after he moved to NM). I got it at the Nintendo World Store, its a very soft material and has a picture of Baby Mario being carried by a stork embroidered on it. It's one of the finest peices of Nintendo Merch ever!

He and Mommy and Daddy are getting into a pretty steady routine now. His Dad has to go back to work on Tuesday  I don't get to see him a whole lot because of work and girlfriend time, but he was giving me really odd looks today when I held him. He was all fussy and hungry and my sister needed to get ready to feed him so I held him for a bit and he just calmed down and gave me the strangest look. Like he had no clue what to think of me. Cute little bugger.

I now have to go to the Nintendo Store to get a blanket like that one for when/if I ever have a kid. Always wanted to go visit it anyway.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2009, 09:28:39 AM »
Good luck, their stock can be pretty crappy for anything other than (1st party) games and plush toys.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2009, 04:43:41 AM »

He is learning fast
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2010, 02:20:54 PM »
Well I'm going bump this because yesterday at 7:05 pm my sister had a baby girl.She is 7 pounds. She is healthy as well. So now I have a nephew and niece now.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2010, 02:29:46 PM »
Congratulations!!

Now it's your turn to put a bun in some girls oven. Make an Aunt of your sister as she made an Uncle out of you.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2010, 03:15:43 PM »
I have 2 nephews and 3 nieces myself, so I know the joys of being an uncle.

Congratulations Maxi!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2011, 12:47:52 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOP1QIMDOXI

i think its funny that he keeps stopping, and then all of a sudden....."well gotta get back to dancing!"
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2011, 08:42:48 AM »
Game B and Satellaview say hi.

Just saying..
I was talking about the NES not the Super NES.
The Super NES had an online accessory released in North America which was called the X-Band, and one of the games which could be played online with it was Doom. I'm not sure what else was available though.

Well, if you want to talk about "on-line" and "back in the day", you need to go back to... the early 80's.  The Intellivision had a piece of hardware, called the PlayCable.  By the strictest definition of the word, this wasn't "on-line".  The equipment connected to your cable and when you selected the game you wanted, the device would simply wait until that game was broadcast, then download it.  Basically, every game on the system was just broadcast in a cycle.

Now, the Atari 2600 (or VCS) had a thing called GameLine.  I know less about it, but I do know that it actually connected to your phone line and would dial into a network to download games.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2011, 11:19:12 AM »
I was on the forums main page, saw the topic title and a post from unclebob and thought he made a thread about becoming an uncle. I came in here to simply reply "we know".

You have wasted my time.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.