Author Topic: New Nintendo 3DS XL Hands-on Preview  (Read 10095 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: New Nintendo 3DS XL Hands-on Preview
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2014, 08:03:23 AM »
So should we just start this thread again?  :cool;
Probably, but it'll just descend into a New 3DS hate thread. Let's try to get it back on track.

I think New 3DS is a good idea. I'm not interested in it myself at the moment, but I see the merits of it. As a vehicle for Amiibo, it's a necessary evil. The improvements are too substantial for this to be a Game Boy Light-esque Japan exclusive. I hope DSi has tempered Nintendo's expectations for this everywhere else in the world.

As this is a New 3DS XL hands-on preview, it's important to note the lack of faceplates which I felt were the best thing about the new handheld. I'm not interested in Amiibo. I turn 3D off. I don't even use Miiverse on Wii U. I can play 99% of 3DS games and I already own a Circle Pad Pro. Aesthetically, I admit that I like the colored buttons and the XL's shade of blue. I'm not particularly big on personization, but I like the concept behind it. Collecting faceplates is a **** ton easier and affordable than rreplacing the entire unit for a limited edition. This is also helpful when sending in for repairs since Nintendo doesn't promise that you'll get your unit back. I have a plain black XL and I would have been annoyed if I didn't get that one back. Imagine having the Link Between World's one.

Everything I've read says the C-stick works well. I'd still like to see a true Circle Pad when a real successor is released. Also, New 3DS still has the infrared sensor for the all the both games that use it. Nintendo could potentially release a New Circle Pad Pro. It's a shame they couldn't keep the dimensions the same as the original models.

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2014, 07:05:37 PM »
So should we just start this thread again?  :cool;
Probably, but it'll just descend into a New 3DS hate thread. Let's try to get it back on track.

I think New 3DS is a good idea. I'm not interested in it myself at the moment, but I see the merits of it. As a vehicle for Amiibo, it's a necessary evil. The improvements are too substantial for this to be a Game Boy Light-esque Japan exclusive. I hope DSi has tempered Nintendo's expectations for this everywhere else in the world.

As this is a New 3DS XL hands-on preview, it's important to note the lack of faceplates which I felt were the best thing about the new handheld. I'm not interested in Amiibo. I turn 3D off. I don't even use Miiverse on Wii U. I can play 99% of 3DS games and I already own a Circle Pad Pro. Aesthetically, I admit that I like the colored buttons and the XL's shade of blue. I'm not particularly big on personization, but I like the concept behind it. Collecting faceplates is a **** ton easier and affordable than rreplacing the entire unit for a limited edition. This is also helpful when sending in for repairs since Nintendo doesn't promise that you'll get your unit back. I have a plain black XL and I would have been annoyed if I didn't get that one back. Imagine having the Link Between World's one.

Everything I've read says the C-stick works well. I'd still like to see a true Circle Pad when a real successor is released. Also, New 3DS still has the infrared sensor for the all the both games that use it. Nintendo could potentially release a New Circle Pad Pro. It's a shame they couldn't keep the dimensions the same as the original models.

The part in bold is EXACTLY why I called you an asshole. I have said all along I SUPPORT the New 3ds and I am buying one, so why don't you shut the **** up already and stop being such an asshole. All I ever said was *in context* in reply to the *joke* Ian made about Nintendo sounding like they were being pulled in two different directions *reminded* me of the Sega from the 90's and YOU and Insanolord turned it into a big mess so **** you sir.

RE-READ my posts I have defended the fucking 2DS and the damn New 3ds, only issue I ever had with either was the name, which as far as I can tell nearly everyone else seems to agree with me so once again it is just YOU being an asshole not even reading what I say just attacking me and picking my post apart for no good reason because your so fucking full of yourself you can't get your head out of your ass long enough to pay any attention to what I was saying.

MY POINT was only that they will have FIVE machines on the market that ALL play the same games, which is the definition of a fractured market but whatever I don't care because all you did was ignore my entire post and PICK OUT the parts you wanted to pick on, so again **** you.

I tried being civil I have admitted in the past EVERYTIME when I mis-read someones view and backed away, even apologized when it was necessary but you fail to do that so my only conclusions is you are an ASS HOLE.

I never pretended to be a nice guy but at least I am honest, straight forward and I don't just pick out a part of a post and piss everyone off, I piss everyone off because I don't give a **** what people think of me.

So we are clear,

in every thread that New 3ds was discussed I defended it, YOU have done nothing but flip flop everytime I post something you just wait to read what I saw and then attack it for no good reason, You, Adrock and Insanolord are the only two who do that, others call me out when I saw something rude or whatever but all you do is go out of your way to attack me.

IF I am reading you wrong PROVE it by manning up and admitting you were wrong. Or stick to your guns of being a total asshole and lets just agree if I see your name in a thread I ignore it, you do the same to me and we might get along better. I was actually having a good day yesterday before you opened you mouth asshole.

Now I said my peace, I am out. I am going to try to ignore you and you can do yourself good to do the same to me.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2014, 07:24:35 PM »
lol
Made you look ****.

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2014, 08:51:34 AM »
OK....errr. Take 3?  :Q
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2014, 03:24:46 PM »
Is there still no release date on this thing?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline famicomplicated

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2014, 06:02:55 PM »
Is there still no release date on this thing?

Japan: Out
Australia: Out
EU/USA: Please understand
I am your (Fami)father.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2014, 06:17:06 PM »
Isn't NOA relying on the general public to not be aware that the 3DS is being replaced with a superior model so that they'll still buy "Old" 3DS's this Christmas?  If they give the date now then the cat's out of the bag and 3DS sales could go down the shitter.

I personally find that rather dishonest but I understand why they would wait to formally announce the New 3DS in North America.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2014, 06:42:42 PM »
That's probably part of it, though I doubt there's a ton of overlap between people who are buyng 3DSes at this point and those who'd care enough to wait for a slightly better, likely more expensive iteration.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2014, 06:53:56 PM »
Isn't NOA relying on the general public to not be aware that the 3DS is being replaced with a superior model so that they'll still buy "Old" 3DS's this Christmas?  If they give the date now then the cat's out of the bag and 3DS sales could go down the shitter.
That's extremely melodramatic, particularly since we've seen this story play out before just last generation and a new model didn't make much of an impact. Even if Nintendo of America announced a release date, it's doubtful that would have a major affect on holiday sales especially since a new Pokemon just released. Anyone who would even be interested in New 3DS and it's mostly minor upgrades likely already knows about it because the Internet. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people waiting for New 3DS are current 3DS owners looking to upgrade. The cat is already out of the bag. I really don't think there's a very large group of people who both haven't heard about New 3DS and care to wait. Parents buying for their kids, for example, aren't going to wait months to give their kids a New 3DS on NOT Christmas.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2014, 09:23:51 PM »
The old XL just got discontinued in Japan, which lends more credence to the "getting rid of stock" theory.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline famicomplicated

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2014, 11:11:40 PM »
In case no one else has said this yet: Americans/Europeans don't buy a 3DS this Xmas. Wait.

Just wait, mmkay? Seriously. Like, for serious you guys.
I am your (Fami)father.