Author Topic: Forbes: Kaplan Interview  (Read 19778 times)

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Forbes: Kaplan Interview
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2006, 04:32:22 AM »
Well I dont knwo if I fit into the Ian mold or not, I alwasy loved the NES the most, then when SNES came out I was split netween the Genesis and SNES, well for a while I also wanted a Turo graphix but never could findone.

When N64 came out I wa impressed at first with Mario but thenI lost inetrest and sold it. It took a long time for me to go back and try again and when i did I still foudn the system boring. It had a few good games a some decent games but nothing really spectacular. Zelda OOT was oneof the few good ones, but it wasnt as good for me as the other Zeldas. I never finished it though and everytime i rty to go back I get bored with it.

I love the Mario PArties and the MK games for it, those kicked ass MK trilogy still is one of my favorites and MK 4 is almost as good as MK gold.

BUt I was mostly disapinted with N64, I didnt like Perfect Dark, DK64, Diddy racing, Mario kart 64, Star Fox 64, KI Gold, Jet Force Gemeni, conkers, Zelda MM, and ost of the 3rd party stuff eihet. What I did like was Mario 64, Zelda OOT, MKT, MK Gold, Bomberman 64, Mega Man 64, Crusin USA,  Dooom ,Quake, and that was mostly it.

Alot of it was the controls were too hard to figure out but some of it was that teh games jsut werent as fun for me. When GC came out I was just finaly warming up enough to 64 that I wasnt ready to swicthed over just yet, but when i played MK Deadly alliance and Star Fox adventures I was sold.

GC has been far mroe satisfying than 64 but its been some what disapointing also seeing so many games I wanted to play not make it to the system and seeing so many I wanted to like turn out to suck.

All in all GC has a more nastalgia feel to it than 64 did andit actauly has fun games.

"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Forbes: Kaplan Interview
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2006, 05:28:59 AM »
N64 might be my favourite system, because it showed me that there were still new boundaries to cross in video games, and that's why I'm way more interested in Revolution than either of the other sytems.  I value new game concepts very highly...DK Jungle Beat was easily last year's best for me.

But I loved all of Nintendo's systems, and I have to admit, N64's lack of third party support was a big problem.

Oh yeah, Wind Waker: I agree with IceCold, North American gamers want "mature" titles, and Zelda was Nintendo's "mature" game during the N64 era (along with Goldeneye/Perfect Dark).  It's not gorey or filled with guns, but it doesn't look like it's made for 8 year olds either.  Looking at my friends, they definitely want this type of game, even some of the girls find Nintendo's popular games too cutesy for them.  Of course that preconception is silly, Mario is awesome, etc. etc. but you can't tell the audience what it wants.  I think the audience would have eaten Wind Waker up if it had looked like Twighlight Princess.  This probably wouldn't have totally changed the outcome of the current gen, but it might have put Nintendo in a tie with Microsoft in North America.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX