Author Topic: PREVIEWS: Sam & Max  (Read 3640 times)

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
PREVIEWS: Sam & Max
« on: July 16, 2008, 10:05:11 PM »
The feisty rabbit and hand-cannon packing dog are ready to patrol the streets of New York … and your Wii.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/previewArt.cfm?artid=16389

Sam & Max Season 1 was originally released on the PC recently as a series of downloadable episodes.  This fall the entire collection of episodes in Season 1 will release on Wii.    

Players will point & click their way through this Comedic Adventure title from Telltale Games. Sam and Max are on an adventure to clean up the streets of a fantastical New York by righting wrongs, pummeling perps, and ridding the neighborhoods of legions of "self-propelled gutter trash."    

The game will draw on the 20 year history of Sam & Max, spanning comic books, a Saturday-morning cartoon, and the Eisner-award winning webcomic.    

Sam & Max Season 1 is rated T for Teen by the ESRB and will be available for Wii this fall.  Check out both a "blooper" clip and trailer for the game below.    

Check out PixlBit!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: PREVIEWS: Sam & Max
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 04:04:09 AM »
Damn it, I want season TWO!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 12:06:26 PM »
This is on my buy list.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 08:57:54 PM »
I :heart; Sam & Max, but fake blooper reels are lame.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline planetidiot

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 09:32:31 AM »
Excellent

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 11:58:34 AM »
Not sure what it is, but Sam n Max just doesn't make me laugh any more.  They were hilarious in the early 90's, but the jokes I've heard in their newest adventures just fall really flat.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 02:47:56 PM »
Not sure what it is, but Sam n Max just doesn't make me laugh any more.  They were hilarious in the early 90's, but the jokes I've heard in their newest adventures just fall really flat.

If you haven't played any of the games, try Abe Lincoln Must Die (it's free!) I think the games are hilarious but the trailers are, for some reason, terribly unfunny.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 03:05:17 PM »

If you haven't played any of the games, try Abe Lincoln Must Die (it's free!) I think the games are hilarious but the trailers are, for some reason, terribly unfunny.

In that case, I'll give it a shot, thx!
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 03:59:20 PM »
I think it's because a lot of the humor relies on running gags and such built up over the course of the episode. Also, the trailers tend to be more artsy than funny sometimes. Going for a kind of Andy Kaufman funny.