Author Topic: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U)  (Read 367125 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U) Out now!
« Reply #1150 on: January 24, 2018, 05:45:25 PM »
Doesn't the horse show up on the map?
I think this happens only after the horse is registered at a stable, which he said hadn't done yet.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: January 24, 2018, 06:50:28 PM »
I think this happens only after the horse is registered at a stable, which he said hadn't done yet.

We found a new "Silver Mane" she was all excited by it.

But leading up to my question, there was mention of a giant horse somewhere (some random NCP mentioned it)
and the 3 horses I have so far are all 4 gallop horses.
I believe I'm only allowed to register 5 horses... right?

are there better horses I should be holding spots for?

I've only mapped the entire right half of the map so far. Maybe explored about 70% of that though, so I don't want to use all my slots if there are better things to come on the western half of the map.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: January 24, 2018, 07:10:20 PM »

We found a new "Silver Mane" she was all excited by it.

But leading up to my question, there was mention of a giant horse somewhere (some random NCP mentioned it)
and the 3 horses I have so far are all 4 gallop horses.
I believe I'm only allowed to register 5 horses... right?

are there better horses I should be holding spots for?

I've only mapped the entire right half of the map so far. Maybe explored about 70% of that though, so I don't want to use all my slots if there are better things to come on the western half of the map.
There are 3 different "5 star" horse builds. One particular build comes with 5 stars in speed, two stars for strength and 3 stamina. It's good for getting around quickly

There's a more well rounded horse build with 5 stamina and 4 speed and power..

Theres also a combat build with 5 stars in stamina and power but only 3 stars in speed although it's outclassed by the giant horse.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: January 24, 2018, 07:30:25 PM »
Zelda's horse is best horse

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1154 on: January 24, 2018, 07:35:29 PM »
You definitely want the giant horse.

It's located in an area you may not have mapped yet, IIRC, in the area southwest (like west-southwest, I think) of the Great Plateau.  There's a bunch of baobab-like trees in the area.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: January 24, 2018, 07:44:35 PM »
So I should save atleast 2 slots.

One for the Giant horse, and one for a 5 Star horse?
All 3 of my horses are 4/3/4

can I unregister old horses once i find better horses?

p.s. Just came across the Horse Fairy... was hoping for a 3rd armor upgrade. $1000 Rupees :/ sheesh.
I was so close to the stealth suit purchase too....
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 07:52:16 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 24, 2018, 08:13:40 PM »
Yeah, you can replace horses after you reach the 5 limit. If I decided to go for a new horse, I'd bring it to the stables and compare its stats to the ones I had registered and if the new horse had better stats then I'd switch out one of the older horses with poorer stats.

I'd also like to offer a suggestion for BlackNMild2k1. You may find it helpful or of interest to go back in this thread to around the 14 page mark as that is when people on the forums first started playing it and mentioning their discoveries and tips as a lot began this adventure. It may be helpful for you as well with your adventure underway.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 24, 2018, 08:53:51 PM »
Zelda's horse is best horse
Wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 24, 2018, 09:27:55 PM »
I've pretty much never ridden a horse. Only for a couple minutes here or there.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: January 24, 2018, 10:14:29 PM »
You should experience the wonder of roaming Hyrule on a horse. After I had explored 75% of the map or so, I ended up "taming" Satori and then I just rode him throughout the map across the various roads and other locales to see what might happen and to see reactions. But it was kind of nice just to look around at the passing scenery as Satori galloped along. It's a just a neat experience to do. It didn't really accomplish anything in the game but it's a favorite moment I had playing the game.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: January 24, 2018, 10:52:47 PM »
Like life itself, Satori is fleeting.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: January 24, 2018, 11:30:34 PM »
I haven't played this game in months even though I never got anywhere close to finishing it, but BnM reviving this thread and seeing people posting about it again is really making me want to go back to it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: January 24, 2018, 11:58:49 PM »
Go back to it! You need to save Hyrule!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: January 25, 2018, 01:28:29 AM »
I haven't played this game in months even though I never got anywhere close to finishing it, but BnM reviving this thread and seeing people posting about it again is really making me want to go back to it.

This game has been amazing so far, but I can see myself side missioning for so long that I never actually make it to the end before I get caught up in something else entirely. I've had a lot of free time these last month, so Zelda has filled a lot of that, but I don't see myself being able to commit the hours that disappear to this game in the near future.

edit: Fuuuuuuck!!!

I just took on a Lynel head on with a level 60 Guardian Axe.... Daruks protection x3, and came in with the first 4 blows.... I think I did, maybe 1/10 damage before i was K.O.'d

I guess I'll be avoiding this guy for a while longer. I'll need much stronger weapons and waaaaay more hearts.
But atleast now I now how he attacks.

edit2: Holy ****, did you know you could mount the Lynel and attack him from his own back!?
I saved right next to him, so I'm just experimenting a little bit to see what I'm up against and what might make these fights easier... (I still need to go back to the Zora area to take on that Red Lynel, I'm currently in the fields where they said that giant horse is at.) It took 2 shock arrows to stun him, but then I hopped on his back and went for a ride!! Yee Haw!!

but apparently he can teleport.... WTF
and his rushing attack, and the leap n smash...
not to mention the sweeping club swing
I am clearly no match for this beast

edit3:
Ummm... and he can breath fucking fire!? WutThaFuck!!!  : :moonface: :

edit4:
I just had him down to 25% health. Mounted him 3 times, whacking him with that Guardian Axe, but he got in a lucky blow before I got out of reach and before I healed myself with more hearts.
I think I got this :)

edit5:
Ok, one Ice Arrow square in his face, before he is in the middle of an action, and you'll get him to kneel, so you can mount. Hacked about 20% life away... need to do this about 5 times. Only successfully lasted 3 times with some extra hacking inbetween. But if you can get him to breath fire and avoid it, he creates an updraft you can use to aim for his face again, There is also a 2 rocks next to us to hide behind/jump from, so that has been useful (for hiding) but underutilized (for jumping off of). He keeps running around me and if I keep the rock between us too long, he will just shoot arrows that will barely miss me, but electrocute me anyway. And if that wasn't bad enough and he still can't get close enough, he'll just fire 3 in the air (hitting him in the face w/ ice arrows while he has his bow out has been a fruitless endeavor... making this more difficult than it should be). I feel like if I could keep the camera in a position where i know where I am, and where he is, I could win this, but this beast is all over the place.
I think I'm gonna give it 1-2 more tries and then sleep on it. I know I can beat him, and I need his hoof for some riddle somewhere I can't remember right now.....
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 02:36:28 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: January 25, 2018, 06:19:42 AM »

Keep it going, BNM. Love the discoveries your making on this battle.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1165 on: January 25, 2018, 09:08:16 AM »
If you're in the area with the horse, the lynel there might be stronger than the lynel in the Zora's domain.  I think the red ones are the weakest right?  Does the one you're fighting have like a blue mane?

Also, reading about the attempts is exciting.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: January 25, 2018, 09:16:00 AM »
Red < Blue < Black < Silver < Gold

If you can take on that one, BnM, you can take in the Zora’s Domain one.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: January 25, 2018, 12:51:42 PM »
It's a black Lynel with red hair...

Carries a BIG club, leaps, spins, sweeps, teleports, spits FIRE, and shoots arrows w/ deadly accuracy directly at you and from the heavens above. I almost had him about 3-4 times before I gave up, but there are some inconsistencies that make it difficult, like when exactly you can hit him in the face to make him kneel.

And the rest of a electric proof suit would help (I have a helmet that looks like a rubber fish is swallowing my head. LOL), but I suppose I could have used an elixir :)

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1168 on: January 25, 2018, 01:51:53 PM »
The color usually refers to the mane.  However, the gold and silver ones have gold and silver bodies, respectively.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: January 25, 2018, 04:40:32 PM »
No, I'm pretty sure the color refers to their skin, and that alone.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: January 25, 2018, 05:03:29 PM »
I recently ran into a Lynel on the mountain range between the desert and bird land, and he still scared the crap out of me at my high level.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: January 25, 2018, 05:08:47 PM »
I left off last time I played right before I had to go fight the Lynel before the Zora dungeon, so now this thread is starting to scare me off. I haven't done any of the other divine beasts yet, so I kind of want to leave and do some other stuff before I come back to this based on what I'm reading here. Would that be a good idea? I've only got like 6 hearts right now.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: January 25, 2018, 05:13:19 PM »
Red < Blue < Black < Silver < Gold

If you can take on that one, BnM, you can take in the Zora’s Domain one.

I'm guessing I should take on the one just outside the snowy mountain at the end of the bridge outside Kakariko village. I think that was a blue one... and there's a Hinox to kill over there too. I never did explore that cold ass mountain range though. Skipped through it once, but just to get to the other side.
Or I suppose since the one outside of the Zora village is a Red.... that would be the easiest. If I can hang for 3.5 rounds with a Black, then the Blue and Red versions should be much easier. Get Link some stripes on his sleeve.

I left off last time I played right before I had to go fight the Lynel before the Zora dungeon, so now this thread is starting to scare me off. I haven't done any of the other divine beasts yet, so I kind of want to leave and do some other stuff before I come back to this based on what I'm reading here. Would that be a good idea? I've only got like 6 hearts right now.

I'm not really the one to ask, but I would suggest you go be an explorative adventurer and beat some shrines and collect your korok seeds. I practiced against that Black Lynel... and damn, he was tough, but I almost beat him with 11 hearts +2 yellow ones :)
6 hearts you wouldn't even last a single blow without protective armor (upgraded twice) and a fairy or 4 in your pocket :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 06:22:31 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: January 25, 2018, 06:08:31 PM »

Eh, don't be afraid.
You don't actually have to fight that one - just sneak around him and collect some shock arrows.

In fact, you can beat the entire game without fighting a Lynel if you want.
NNID: ejamer

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1174 on: January 25, 2018, 06:15:06 PM »
No, I'm pretty sure the color refers to their skin, and that alone.

Wait really? I have not been paying attention.