Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 347714 times)

Offline AnyoneEB

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #225 on: May 12, 2006, 11:51:46 AM »
Why not more than four? SSBM fit at least 6 life counters on the bottom, and if you were using a wide screen even that would not be a problem. 8 player SSB would be awesome, although, I admit that, like the GCN LAN games, the LAN mode would probably be rarely used.

It would be a major disappointment if online play was limited to two players. I hope Nintendo has the sense to include it even if it lags sometimes.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 12, 2006, 12:09:09 PM »
More than four folk battles could be cool, if the stage were large enough, but I really prefer just playing with four people.
It's more intimate, you can talk to people, you're all one group.  I noticed, playing with eight people or more on Halo, I'd only talk to one or two of them, it was too large a group to comfortably play with.  Four is a great number.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
RE:Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #227 on: May 12, 2006, 12:22:09 PM »

Originally posted by: AnyoneEB
Why not more than four? SSBM fit at least 6 life counters on the bottom, and if you were using a wide screen even that would not be a problem. 8 player SSB would be awesome, although, I admit that, like the GCN LAN games, the LAN mode would probably be rarely used.

It would be a major disappointment if online play was limited to two players. I hope Nintendo has the sense to include it even if it lags sometimes.

I agree that 4+ should be an option for certain stages - maybe depending on the stage there would be a certain capacity of players, i.e. Kirby's dreamland - 4, Hyrule Castle - 8.  I think if Smash Bros. is LAN it would be used tons.  Smash bros has always been a huge tournament type game, the nintendo wii even more so than the gamecube looks easy to carry around, and EVERYONE is going to own this game... or they ain't sh!t.
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 12, 2006, 01:07:31 PM »
I like to say this is thread number 2 of this sort of thing so combined I think we are over 20 pages of wishing.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 12, 2006, 01:37:29 PM »

Originally posted by: Requiem
Seriously, guys, this will whole 6-pages of character wishing or item ideas will not influence the game. Your just leading yourself up for dissapointment.

Let's talk about something relevant like LAN or 4+ player battles....

Okay, because this thread is much more likely to influence that part of the game.  In fact, I'm sure the developers were just getting tired of reading all this drivel until they saw the topic shift to LAN multiplayer, when they decided to start taking notes.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 12, 2006, 01:47:31 PM »
I can't wait to snap the nunchuck wire across my friends' arms when they cheat lol
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 12, 2006, 06:51:21 PM »
i dont want to add to a wishlist of characters (because i started that thread a while back).

i do want to point out one thing though. Even when people were mentioning a WW Link to replace young link, i agreed when people said it would look out of place, but then i remembered something. Twilight Princess has cell shading in it as well. if you recall, the segments where creatures come from the 'twilight', they clearly show what appears to be a black hole or cloud in the sky, with a colored rune or some sort and cel shaded creatures coming out of it. If they can do that in TP which is looking ultra realistic, they can do it in smash.

i'd be all for it now that i know it can be done
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 12, 2006, 08:02:32 PM »
I think the fact that it would look out of place is the point!  It would be great to have young link be "CEL-DA", or even have a WW based stage.

Tetra's Ship as a level, anyone?

All these realistic, non cel-shaded characters running around a cel shaded environment would be pretty awesome, I say.
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline Grant10k

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 12, 2006, 09:07:37 PM »
I think that the nintendogs item should be used in the exact same way that Mr. Saturn is used in melee.
And that Samus' ship should be a playable character.
And each possible color of master chief should be their own unlockable character with non-clone moves.
And a bunch of other stuff that won't come true.  
 Without data, you're just another schmuck with an opinion.
     -Chris Anderson, TEC speaker

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 13, 2006, 12:35:03 AM »
Oh yeah. Bring back individual entrances at the beginning of the match plz.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #235 on: May 13, 2006, 05:38:52 AM »
Dirk:  That is right.  I forgot about those.  The Individual Entrances were pretty cool, and very much fit the concept and idea of the game.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 13, 2006, 08:23:07 PM »
I'd love to Hector or Lynn appear from the first Fire Emblem game. Although he isn't Nintendo exclusive, I think the ninja from I-Ninja would be perfect for the game(he may just have a slight chance, considering Snake got into the game).  And some of the bounty hunters from MP: Hunters are bound to get in.
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #237 on: May 14, 2006, 04:37:32 AM »
I really don't want more than 4 people playing at the same time.  That would be too much.  At times 4 is already too much.  If this was a traditional fighting game...maybe I could see it.  But with how much goes on in a single 4 player Smash game, its just too crazy and to hard to keep up with everything.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 14, 2006, 06:46:56 AM »
Not to mention the camera for 4+ players.  Also I wouldn't mind having a cell-shaded level where everyone changed to cellshaded.  Maybe some other ones that warped the characters too would be cool.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 14, 2006, 07:48:44 AM »
"Tetra's Ship as a level, anyone?"

I was thinking more along the lines of Ganon's Tower while the ocean is falling down around them.
Or Tower of the Gods, maybe.  I dunno.  Lots of options.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 14, 2006, 08:04:47 AM »

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
I was thinking more along the lines of Ganon's Tower while the ocean is falling down around them.

YES, PLEASE! =D
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Edfishy

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 14, 2006, 09:37:02 AM »
More than four players would work, and would actually be quite simple.  You'd just have to play on a team.

Simply, only four characters can be on the screen at a time.  Once you die, a different member on your team spawns.  This goes on until everyone on your team has been knocked out, or until the cycle starts again and its your turn to fight again.  So the same amount of characters will be on the screen as always, you'll just be able to play with more people in a quicker amount of time then playing seperate rounds.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 14, 2006, 01:11:52 PM »
So you're saying a Marvel Vs. Capcom set up? That might actually work.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 14, 2006, 01:24:30 PM »
The second I saw Snake in the trailer, I started to think about a level that takes place on the back of a Metal Gear.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 14, 2006, 10:07:53 PM »
another secret character revealed!!!

for those that don't know who the character is: Nintendo64 Kid  

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 14, 2006, 10:13:43 PM »
ROFL. Awesome, BnM.

I'd drop Pikachu to play as N64 Kid in a second.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Larrs528

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 14, 2006, 11:45:56 PM »
Has anyone discussed the possibility for a "create-a-stage" feature utilizing the wii remote with some sort of mario paint type setup?

You could add trees or structures from various franchises... throw in a building in hyrule next to a gigantic mario mushroom... or design from scratch with art tools... getting the physics to work well could be pretty tough.. but this would be such a sweet feature to increase replay value a hundred fold... imagine a stage where all 4 players landed in a bottle that filled up the screen... getting others up to ridiculous 700% damages before being able to fling them out of a tiny hole at the top.... or a board slanted 45 degrees from the top left to bottom right... the kinds of things developers would never put in as an actual stage but might be hilariously fun to try...think back to the original excitebike and how entertaining it was making crazy tracks...

You could also create stage hazards... for example... set an arwing to fly in and attack or maybe even design your own from presets... would be tough to do this from scratch.. but things like super stretch rubber bands or collapsing platforms could be doable... and much more, of course...

If they went really nuts you could even plan hazards or stage alterations with the remote and some kind of motion record option... with the arwing example, you would draw the flight path and the amount of time the ship would be present and firing, then fly it off screen...

I see this as creating immense online potential for sharing online....

An aside, another possibility for greater parties could be allowing a 5th/8th player (or eliminated loser) to control stage hazards such as a latiku to dropping spinies from overhead or manning a rotating gun...  

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #247 on: May 14, 2006, 11:58:49 PM »

Originally posted by: Larrs528
Has anyone discussed the possibility for a "create-a-stage" feature utilizing the wii remote with some sort of mario paint type setup?

I would rather the team focus on making other aspects better, then trying to dive into "create-a" features. I used to love those as a kid, but they have pretty much run dry with me of late. If they do create something of that nature, I hope to god that they don't go online as I would hate to have to encounter some of the crap you know people would pull (example, no ground in the level at all, etc.).
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Larrs528

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 15, 2006, 12:03:46 AM »
I agree, some people would do retarded things... but I think the potential for great things to come of it outweigh the negative... there are just too many times I've wanted something from a stage and it just wasn't there to play... this would solve that... they already have a lot of work in place for engine and physics and they have a 70 person team.. I think they could implement something like this... even if it wasn't that fleshed out... could be a lot of fun... I suppose otherwise they could always release extra stages via virtual console.. though they'd likely charge for them...  

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #249 on: May 15, 2006, 12:10:38 AM »
For me, in terms of online updates, I would be more happy if the team focused on balancing the characters. I know it was mentioned before somewhere that Sakurai was aware of the tournaments and the tiers that have clearly been established, so I think it would be great if they just went in later and did things like ensure that there are no characters as weak as Kirby was in SSBM or as over powered as Falcon was in the first game. Of course it would be great if this was all hammered out before release, but tiers will appear from elements the staff might not have considered.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk