Author Topic: Switch Game Ideas Thread  (Read 5327 times)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Switch Game Ideas Thread
« on: October 26, 2016, 02:28:30 PM »
Augmented reality could make for some great new games:

Trauma Center. Player one can treat patients in triage, another can prep them for surgery, and then they can take the Switch home to do the actual operations on the big screen.

Metroid GO. Samus needs to capture and catalogue Metroids and 100 different variations so the Federation can farm them for medicinal purposes, while the Space Pirates want to capture them and weaponize them for their own devious plot. Are you team #bountyhunter or team #spacepirates?

Sim City AR. Aw yeah. Rebuild your own neighborhood and put up statues of yourself all over your neighbor's lawn.

Steel Diver/Radar Mission AR. Navigate your sub through flooded streets and attack enemy vessels that appear. Player 0 uses the 3DS as a periscope. P1 controls ascent/descent while P2 controls the rudder, and P3 activates missile launches. P4 twists wheels and pulls levers to keep the boiler room from overheating. With 4-console multi, you could get a crazy 20-player game.

With detachable controls, simultaneous multi will be a breeze out of the box. Star Fox and Mario Kart can have player 2 control the shooting. With 2-console multi, DKCR3 and NSMB can have 2 players explore an entire level separately without worrying about the screen scrolling.

Smooth and unique gameplay will be what Switching it up is all about. :reggie:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 03:54:58 PM by Switchblade »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Switch Game Ideas Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 06:05:01 PM »
If this thing doesn't have a Sim City game I will be super pissed, Touch screen or no touch screen come on Nintendo that was one of the BEST games on the SNES. They also need to beg EA to give them all the current SIMS and make them Switch exclusive, for consoles.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 08:27:28 PM »
1)  Old School Table Top arcade Vs. Games.  I would create one called Table Top Sports.  Simple single screen no scrolling game play.  Focus on NBA JAM like game play for all games.

2) Off Road Racing Single Screen.

3) A Pokemon Snap and Battle Game.  This is abstract but you take Pokemon Go Augmented reality and you search the world taking picture of pokemon.  You get extra points for photography skill and upload for bonus points by users.  But then you can go home and connect it to switch and those Pokemon Pictures come to life and you have one chance to battle and catch them with your Pokemon team.  This part of the game could take a few different directions.  1) a Fire Emblem type strategy game where you battle all the pokemon picture you took on a board.  The more pictures you took the harder the battle but the more Pokemon you get.  2) or a pokemon stadium type game.  I prefer type 1 because it is different.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 09:01:29 PM »
2) Off Road Racing Single Screen.

I am all in for a Super Off-Road reboot.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 10:20:49 PM by Soren »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 09:10:04 PM »
Thanks Soren for the video.  I loved this game both home version and arcade.  The arcade was crazy fun with the loose steering wheel that let you just spin it for turns. 

Another idea I would add would be a Digital board game system.  Design your own boards, the game can be bought physically with money cards and such...or you can use supplies from other games to create your own games and ideas.  the game can be played with real physical pieces placed on top of the screen...but also comes preloaded with other games. If it could be compatiable with cellphones even better.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 12:45:30 AM »
There was a WiiWare game similar to Super Off-Road called Driift Mania. Was a lot of fun!

EDIT:

Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 05:06:34 PM »
I have an idea for a game where everything is made out of paper. I wrote about it before somewhere on here but I can't find it.

Anyway, you play as a little paper boy or girl with a bow and matches for arrows. You travel a world where animals and plants look like origamis. As you explore, you'll find useful items such as wax, water, and oil. These will help you battle enemies. For example, you encounter a giant spider in a cave. You first throw oil on it, then send a match with your bow to light it on fire. It can also be used to look through paper or camouflage yourself, though that makes you very susceptible to fire. Wax allows you to swim or make a boat in order to cross a lake. Water can crumple structures or enemies.

You'll find other useful items like scissors, paint, and paper. It's obvious how scissors could be useful in a paper world, and it basically acts like your sword or axe. Paint is used to tame animals; you injure them so you can approach them and draw a smile on their face - which makes them good now of course. Paper allows you to build structures yourself but can also make copies of yourself or animals you've tamed.

There's weather in the world (although no rain) and a heavy breeze could send you flying. Instead of rain, it "rains" little paper droplets.

As for the story, it's about a child looking to a find the cardboard forest or something stupid like that.

Graphical style could look like this:

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 05:12:02 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 08:27:40 PM »
I can't imagine anything particularly unique coming from the hardware, although I think that's likely the point. It should be a machine free of gimmicks that plays games that are well-made.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 12:54:52 AM »

You'll find other useful items like scissors, paint, and paper. It's obvious how scissors could be useful in a paper world, and it basically acts like your sword or axe. Paint is used to tame animals; you injure them so you can approach them and draw a smile on their face - which makes them good now of course. Paper allows you to build structures yourself but can also make copies of yourself or animals you've tamed.

Paper Minecraft. This sounds fun. Build a paper airplane and fly above it all. Or go native and throw paper tomahawks. How would the interface for making the paper folds work?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 01:08:08 AM »
Ok in this game idea you get trapped in some magic world. There's evil mushrooms and turtles and you  jump a lot and you get coins.

You play as Tony, a plumber. He got hired for the job because the last plumber disappeared roughly 2 months ago. In this world, the world once had a fungus queen and a dinosaur king, but now there is a dictator with a mustache.

I'm actually working on it. I call it Plumber from another Mother. Or Just another Plumber, or Some other Plumber.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 01:10:11 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 10:43:21 PM »
TableTop Amiibo Game.

I hoped the Switch would be able to do a Quad-NFC with other Switches in sorta a grid mode and you have to move your Amiibo in a RTS-like real game. BattleShip Amiibo.

Also a Smash Bros, Kingdom Hearts like action RPG

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 07:31:28 AM »
I can't imagine anything particularly unique coming from the hardware, although I think that's likely the point. It should be a machine free of gimmicks that plays games that are well-made.

I'm sure there will be unique games, but (as you say) not hardware driven. And I think that's a good thing this time around - even though I've enjoyed some of the gimmicks Nintendo used in the past.

For me, just seeing another Monster Hunter game that can be played either on a big screen or on the go (and this time much more conveniently than Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate) would be a huge score.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2016, 08:49:37 PM »
*insert generic bad idea here*
Made you look ****.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2016, 02:51:38 AM »

Yeah, I really like that.  Like if you brainstorm up a Switch game it might as well be a game on any console.  I saw this song and dance for two generations where fans would come up with ideas for Nintendo's specialized hardware and every time the fans would come up with much cooler ideas than anything Nintendo or any other developer actually did.  Nintendo operated for a while there where it their approach to their franchises was to take the system's gimmick and incorporate it into the franchise's formula and call that "innovation".  It should be exciting to see what Nintendo does when they don't really have a quick 'n' dirty formula like that.  We're seeing that with Breath of the Wild.  Skyward Sword was basically "what if we did Zelda with motion control?" but BotW was never "what if we did Zelda with a screen controller?"  It's more substantial - how do we take Zelda to the next level?  That's the sort of approach we should see more.

The obvious idea is seeing a proper Pokemon console game finally.  We should get one since Nintendo isn't likely to suddenly abandon proper Pokemon games (I suppose they could move it to mobile if they want to stupidly sabotage the Switch's sales).  But I wonder if Nintendo would just go with something like the 3DS games but with improved visuals.  I want a full 3D game like you're playing Dragon Quest VIII but it's Pokemon instead.  I don't want to see a fixed overhead view like the handheld games have.

One interesting thing is that with one system to develop for Nintendo won't have two similar style games released for the handheld and console.  They made Super Mario 3D Land on the 3DS and then used that same style to make Super Mario 3D World on the Wii U.  With the Switch they probably won't make two games like that released only a few years apart.  They'll devote the resources they would have had working on two similar games on different platforms towards making two games on the same platform and thus would make them more distinct from each other.  Nothing has to come in pairs anymore so that leaves one team free to work on something totally different.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 01:13:38 PM »
I had a retro game challenge idea. Release the first game in the series and only unlock the next one after you beat the first. I think it would work well with Metroid, Mario All Stars, or even Mario Party.