Author Topic: DSarchive.com - A Nintendo DS Resource  (Read 2513 times)

Offline DSarchive

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
DSarchive.com - A Nintendo DS Resource
« on: May 18, 2016, 04:46:57 PM »
Hello DS fans,

My name is Dave, and I am a huge fan of the Nintendo DS and it's excellent game library. Because of my love for this handheld, I have embarked on a new personal blog project that aims to catalog DS games and hardware individually through small (somewhat personal and perhaps a little biased) articles, taking into account the historical context of each game's release. I won't be going in any particular order (not chronologically or alphabetically), but rather I'll be writing articles as I am so inspired. I own over 150 DS games and have played them all, so I have enough to keep me going for quite some time.

I appreciate your support and readership if you are at all interested in following along, and I welcome comments, suggestions and article requests. Also, if you like this idea, please share it with friends!

FB Page: facebook.com/dsarchive
Twitter: twitter.com/TheDSarchive

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: DSarchive.com - A Nintendo DS Resource
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 05:16:03 PM »

https://dsarchive.com/

Nice site Dave, the content is concise and well formatted, while also telling you pretty much everything you'd need to know. It seems like it's getting updated pretty regularly so you can count me in I guess. I'd say my favourite DS game is Professor Layton and the Lost Future.

Offline DSarchive

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 05:32:26 PM »
Ahh, an excellent game, and arguably the best of the four games released for DS.
Yes, I do have an article planned for it. I need to think about the angle though, as I don't want it to be like every other review that's already out there. Thanks for the suggestion!

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 01:47:26 PM »
I'm considering doing something similar for the 3DS. However, the DS is a great subject for a project like this despite its over-emphasis on touch control and SNES-ish ports.

Best of luck.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline DSarchive

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 04:26:10 PM »
You totally should! The 3DS is a killer system with an excellent game library. It's still current, but that will change with the release of the NX, and soon before you know it, people all over the internet will be looking for retrospectives and "hidden gems" lists and stuff like that. My goal is just to catalog games thoroughly as I go along so that the information is preserved beyond the internet archive or a wikipedia page...

Also, current reviews and articles have a different perspective and voice than retrospectives do. Hindsight is 20/20 so it would be nice to read some retrospectives on 3DS...  ;D