1 (10%)
Overwatch
3 (30%)
Battlewatch
3 (30%)
Overborn
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Battleboverwatch FPS Thread of Doom  (Read 20782 times)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Battleboverwatch FPS Thread of Doom
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2017, 03:17:04 PM »
I love how this has turned into our personal Overwatch comparison thread.

Yes, the nice thing about the PC community is that generally, there's usually at least a few people on headsets for each match.  Your comments about PS4 match quality compared with what I feel is an awful experience playing the game with a controller sort of solidifies me not double dipping for a 2nd copy on PS4 or any other platform.

I've teetered off of Overwatch lately while I work on playing some of my single player games from my backlog I've been meaning to get to.  I reached gold status again for the season, but my play sessions have continued to be 1-1 or 1-2, meaning my rank is hovering in the high 1900s again. 

Ever give PTR a try?  If you download the client, you can give doomfist a run for a few matches and see how you feel about him.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2017, 08:41:11 AM »
What a difference happening on a good team makes. 

A friend and I started a match last night, one truly obnoxious guy yelling into the mic, purposefully dropping out and coming back into the game so he'd get unmuted, jumping around the entire map not even pretending to try and just awful griefing.

The remainder of the group buttons down, and we coordinate beautifully and somehow scrape our way to a win!  After reporting the griefer, we stay as a group and invite another guy we've made e-friends with, and run as a 6-stack for 3 matches, winning them all decisively. 

Now at 2110, career high.  Hopefully with better chance to round out a competent team now that we've made a few more friends in the mix and not having to flirt with the dangers of random grouping.

You still playing, Soren?  Send me your blizzard ID info if you'd be interested in matching up sometime.  I'm at work, so I don't have mine offhand.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2017, 10:20:44 AM »
NintendoWii#11265

I'm now 200SR higher on my PC account than my PS4, despite having 300 more hours on the console version. I can't get into any groove on the PS4 so I'm close to punting on this season (I probably already have). I am 2606 on PC so I'll most likely keep playing there from now on.

Nice to see you moving up the ranks!
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2017, 11:38:56 AM »
Very cool, I'll send you an invitation tonight.  My name on there is lolmonade, don't remember my number offhand.

I got ****-talked on real bad in a match last night by a Pharrah playerI was teamed with.  Other than him, our team had one tank (a Rein), me (Mercy), a Lucio, Junkrat, and Mcree. 

The opposing team had a better comp, and they had a Winston and Pharrah that were laser focused on finding me and taking me out before I could do any considerable healing or obtain my ult.  I seriously was down every 30 seconds. 

Pharrah on my team quickly decided that I was garbage and felt the need to name-call me as the problem on the team.  I can generally admit when I'm having a bad round, and I was, if just by virtue of not being able to fulfill my role as healer/ressurector.  That said, I had no protection from Winston's rail gun, the pharrah on the other team was brutal with how on my case she was, and my team was spread across the entire map, so I rarely had an opportunity to fly away for an escape.  No one was talking besides me, my friend, and my Pharrah teammate.

My Pharrah was informing me I needed to do better at escaping, claiming that I should be able to zip between him in the air and my teammates (most of which weren't to be found when I attempted to find an escape) in order to dodge this stuff, and I was trash because of it. 

Just a lesson that even in the higher ranks, there's ample amount of salt and blaming rather than a team trying to adjust and cooperating for a better chance at a win.  I've become somewhat of a one-trick pony as Mercy.  I like playing as her, but just by virtue of no one usually wanting to heal, it's always a gap on the team's I'm coupled with. I'd have to devote some time to relearn a player besides her and Rein to branch out my flexibility in a team, but given an unwillingness to heal, My one-trick pony nature doesn't usually hurt a team, whereas a stubborn hanzo or reaper seems to always cause hurt feelings, especially when they aren't accomplishing much.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2017, 01:46:11 PM »
WEW, 2222 SR, season and all-time high. 

Last match was a doozie.  King's Row, we got steamrolled on defense.  Then we were losing miserably on offense on the first point.  We hit overtime, and I switch from Mercy to a D.va because our 2nd tank had ditched and I knew I wouldn't get to the point on time as Mercy to do anything.  I hold onto the point long enough to die, but as I was respawning, our team got the point!

Our one healer (Lucio) does a GREAT job keeping us up, and I dip and dive through the defense to pick at their Mercy and keep her from Resurrecting, and we somehow scrape getting to the end of the map. 

So we get one last round.  Hold them on defense.  Then my friend & I choose D.va and Winston for divecomp, and we pull it out in the last moments of overtime on attack for the win. 

Definitely felt like one of those "we didn't deserve to win" moments, but we got it.  Exhilarating evening of matches.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2017, 10:13:36 AM »
2353 SR, season and all-time high for me.

Lessons learned - the team that tilts first (devolves into fighting and stubborn incohesive character choices), is most likely to lose.

Went 3-1 last night, NONE of my teams were doing that good, but the opposing team was just WORSE, each of those matches ending in one of them throwing the match and begging for my team to report the player.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2017, 11:03:25 PM »
Sweet!

2418 on console and 2525 on PC. Went 1-4 tonight on PC so it was not a good night. If I get to a comfort level on Winston we should duo and see how it goes. I have really given up on being a try-hard this season. I've been taking these games to try different characters and seeing what happens.

Also one of my matches was with a dude named "Throwing Matches". I'll let you figure out how that went down.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2017, 09:25:57 AM »
lol, at least Mr. Throwing Matches helped you level expectations. 

I'll shoot you an invite next time I'm online and see you playing.  I usually play with 1-2 of my IRL friends, so you'd probably be joining 2-3 people in that case.

friend 1 - 1800 SR rank, Mains Zarya, Junkrat, learning Symmetra, but flexible and can soldier or lucio competently.
Friend 2 - low 2000 SR rank, Mains Rein, can play a good lucio, competent mercy, an ok Junkrat.  Pretty great Rein when he's not getting too high  ::)

Me - Mercy Main, can play an ok Lucio.  Feel pretty decent about my D.va, can do ok w/Rein as well.  My DPS ability has atrophied (because every match I've played has been starved for healers, so I insta-lock Mercy), but I can on a good match handle being Soldier 76.

We've met some people through OW that we've friended, too, so also very possible to get a 6-stack.  Whatever it takes to get a group of people who aren't negative nanceys.  No fun when people are in constant tilt.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2017, 10:33:13 AM »
Yes!  Just got past the Platinum threshold.  So....since getting that threshold.....the quality of teamwork isn't THAT much better. lol