Author Topic: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice  (Read 7379 times)

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice
« on: September 21, 2015, 05:08:34 PM »
Hey it's our deity of justice: Apollo Justice.
Never played 4 but I hear it's the black sheep of the franchise, I went irregularly from Duel Destinies to Layton Vs Phoenix Wright to Edgeworth's Investigations to the first Ace Attorney to working my way through Justice For All. Gonna get round to it eventually.

Although from what I've played of Apollo's parts in Duel Destinies he's a total badass and I'm glad to see him back, I really liked Athena although I feel her story has already been told. New interesting characters should be a priority but if one extra character should return I would like it to be Gumshoe, he has a personality that makes it impossible to be mad at him and we need to see him in glorious 3D. The Ace Attorney series has some of the slickest 3D models around such that transitioning from the polygonal games back to the sprite based games didn't feel strange at all.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 11:24:57 AM by TOPHATANT123 »

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
    • View Profile
Re: Apollo's Back Baby - Ace Attorney 6
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 03:05:01 AM »
Athena will be returning in Ace Attorney 6 and the Ace Attorney anime is scheduled to start in April. I really liked Athena's unique abilities in terms of the mood matrix stuff as well as having an interesting back story that was nicely concluded, so I expect the story to not so much revolve around her like 5 did.

Woo anime poster! I had forgotten this was happening until recently although I wonder if they can really pull it off? I own Professor Layton and The Eternal Diva and that is an amazing video game -> moive adaptation, so it can absolutely be done. Isn't there also a Phoenix Wright live action movie as well? I don't really know about that one.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 07:34:37 AM »
Two words. Maya Fay.
A brand new trailer was shown for the upcoming Ace Attorney game which will be releasing on the 9th June in Japan. Duel Destinies was originally released in July in Japan, then October for North America and Europe. If a similar time frame is seen here the game should release for the west around September.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 12:32:23 AM »
YES

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 07:07:39 AM »
8 Minute Anime Short for Ace Attorney 6

https://youtu.be/mZMN_I4ym2s

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 07:40:56 AM »
The first episode of the full Ace Attorney anime covering the original games is to be streamed today for Crunchyroll premium members, and later for free users one week for now on April 9th. Hype!

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
Re: Ace Attorney Anime - AVAILABLE NOW!
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 12:17:18 PM »
http://www.crunchyroll.com/ace-attorney/episode-1-the-first-turnabout-702349

That's right! The first episode is available now! The subtitles are available with both Japanese names or English names, eg Naruhodo -> Wright, to change simply right click the video and select the English Alt Track.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 06:02:17 PM »
Love it!
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline jacquie26

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 07:47:26 AM »
Same here, spent hours playing it.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 11:24:14 AM »
Ace Attorney 6, now called Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice will release in the West this September.

Offline lesavit7

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Indisch restaurant
Re: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 09:03:51 AM »
I have to save up  ;D

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 02:58:06 PM »
I honestly don't understand the appeal of this series at all. I would rather watch an over bloated dialogue heavy anime of a convoluted story than sit through hours of staring at it with occasional button prompts and a fail state.

Guess that's just me though.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 03:21:15 PM »
Reading is fun!

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2016, 07:04:27 PM »
:/ okay.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 09:02:53 PM »
I would say the appeal of Ace Attorney is the goofy characters that give the series lots of character, yet it isn't condescending and isn't afraid to have serious moments now and again. For murder mystery type stuff I find that the solution is usually exactly what you think or the opposite of that, but with Phoenix Wright the truth is always so complex and deeper than it initially seems. There are many times on a case near the end where I feel that they could have called it a day and left it as is, but they always introduce more layers of crazyness, more twists, more bait 'n' switches.

I agree with the fail state being bad though. It either forces you to sit through speed up dialogue wasting your time, or to constantly save also wasting your time. I'd like to see something like what they had for Layton Vs Phoenix Wright where answering correctly gives you additional picrats so you can unlock extra features like the music, character models and cutscenes faster. But if you get the minimum amount of points possible you still have enough points to unlock everything by the end of the game.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2016, 10:06:53 AM »
http://www.crunchyroll.com/ace-attorney/episode-8-turnabout-goodbyes-1st-trial-702363

Great episode this week, Turnabout Goodbye is probably my favourite case. It's the culmination of the story up to this point and has the three intertwining separate story lines set at different parts of Edgeworth's life.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2016, 07:52:48 PM »
Give it to me now, Capcom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe_khw7Qmnc

I loved Dual Destinies and Layton Vs Wright. I cant wait for this new one.