Author Topic: Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX  (Read 2421 times)

Offline MrPhishfood

• Score: 28
    • View Profile
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
« on: August 19, 2015, 06:09:14 PM »
Tried the demo. Europe only gets 1 use, are they joking? Well after starting up the demo I found there's a song called LOL...

Anyway, I played it all in tap mode because when trying button mode the resistance on the 3DS buttons meant I would often screw up the timing.

I think the first song Senbonzakura is setup pretty well where even in hard mode it feels enjoyable. I managed to get a perfect on this too.

LOL on the other hand doesn't feel like it had the same care and attention going in to it. The lines start to go in strange directions where there are notes placed right on the corners making the timing harder to gauge and really confusing when the lines start to go in tight squares. The song also feels lacking in a noticeable beat to help keep your rhythm.

The touchscreen button placement doesn't feel well optimised on hard mode, with 3 buttons sectioned in to triangles.

You can place your stylus near the upper middle part of the screen but you risk hitting the wrong note if your hand strays. I wish there was a way to edit the placement of these because with me being a lefty I feel more comfortable with just using the left portion of the touch screen.

I've been awaiting a rhythm game as good as Elite Beat Agents / Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan for a long time now, sadly I don't think this is the one.

Thanks to the region locking I can't play the Taiko no Tatsujin games either.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 11:21:35 PM »
I got round to playing the demo and I really enjoyed the train level since it felt like you were playing the song where as in LOL it felt like the music just plays and you do your own thing.

I haven't never played a rhythm he using ABXY buttons before so it was interesting to compare the two modes. The button mode has you at a disadvantage since you have more things to worry about with the d-pad for directions and the 4 buttons however since the position of the buttons is more digital than a touch screen I found it easier to switch off and let muscle memory take over.

The 1 time demo was a mistake by the way and it has been fixed now, although I'm not sure what happens if you have already downloaded it and used up your one use. As it stands I am sitting at a fresh 29.