Author Topic: I have a question  (Read 1398 times)

Offline K_Icyfire

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
I have a question
« on: May 23, 2003, 06:43:38 PM »
are gamecube owners stupid or blind? i got a gamecube barely 2 months ago on February 22, 2003 and i already have 8 games for it.  why do you people not buy 3rd party games?  like seriously, do you people think ur too good for that sh1t or something?  Nhl 2k3 is a perfect example.  BEST sports game invented.  U idiots didnt buy it so no more nhl love from sega and IM the one who has to suffer. wtf is that? wreckless another great game.  Multiplayer needs some work but single player is perfect.  who bought that huh?  nobody.Burnout 2, probably the BEST racing game of all time and not one of you idiots even thinks about it.  Instead you monkeys think to 2004 for the next mario game to come out.  like people get a brain or something.  Im 50 50 on buying splinter cell right now cuz im clean out of cash.  I do my part making sure that the gamecube continues to get some great games now do yours u lazy biotches.  

P.S. im not saying nintendo games suck cuz their sexy too, i got metroid prime, courtside 2002, resident evil (resident evil series kicks ASS!best adventure on gc next to metroid)  

Offline deminisma

• View Profile
RE: I have a question
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 07:19:41 PM »
Grammar: it really seperates the men from the 13 year olds.

Don't worry, your time will come too. But until then, back to your room, Sonny-Jim.

Offline SatansNemesis

• View Profile
I have a question
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 09:22:32 PM »
I just wanna say that many of us are not 'stupid or blind' as you so bluntly put it. Many of us buy 3rd party games. we just don't buy poor quality ones.

I'll back this with several examples: look at the recent nintendo 'players choice games' 007 Nightfire, Rogue Leader, Resident Evil Rebirth, spider man and sonic battle 2, thats 5 out of 8 current PC games that are 3rd party.

Second, many of us support other 3rd party games as well or else there would be no monkey ball 3, burnout 2 or LotR-Return of the King comming soon.

Here is a list of 3rd party games I have (out of 18 games since i got cube in dec '01): Rogue Leader, Dark Summit, Monkey Ball 1 & 2, Blitz 2002, Timesplitters 2, star wars bounty hunter, lord of the rings 2 towers, resident evil 0 and I plan to buythese 3rd party games over the summer: burnout, splinter cell, soul calibur 2, sonic mega collection and skies of arcadia. Half of my current collection and over half of my planned summer purchases are from 3rd parties. don't even get me started about next fall/winter and 2k4...

I'm sure many others here have supported QUALITY 3rd party games as well (not saying all of the ones I got were quality...dark summit was my only impulse buy ever and bounty hunter was a X-mas gift...both were worth renting, but could've been much better).

3rd party games sell if they are good, thats the lesson of the day. outside because its funner IMO. So don't bring down the finger of blame on us when it isn't necessary or justified.  
What kind of Flame Warrior are You?<BR><a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html">http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html[/url]

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: I have a question
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 11:07:39 PM »
You know what, this could turn into a good discussion, but with you calling people idiots left and right, I have a feeling it's just going to turn into a flame war.  Chill with the attitude or we'll be asking you to leave.

And if Burnout 2 has had poor sales, it's Acclaim's fault as much as anyone's.  It's clearly the best racer on the system, yet many stores only got enough copies to cover pre-orders -- meaning no copies on the shelf for people to see that the game is even on GC.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers