Author Topic: Super MarioBros: minus one world  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Beave

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Super MarioBros: minus one world
« on: April 22, 2003, 02:37:12 AM »
I was wondering if anyone remembers minus one world on Super Mario Bros, yes the one on the NES. What the hell was the go with that world, it never ended. Has anyone finnished that level? There where rumors at the time that it goes to minus 2 after that world.

I also have some other tips such as how to continue in Mario bros, and also how it was possible to save in Zelda II on the NES without dying. I found it by total accident and what to know if anyone else knows it.

Those were the days.......

Offline TOY

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 07:31:10 PM »
I remember the minus 1 level, but I never found a way out. It was like the Energizer bunny, it just kept going and going and going. As far as how to save in Zelda II, its been so long since I played it, I dont remember the normal way to save, let alone some secret way.  

TOY

RE: Super MarioBros: minus one world
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 04:43:16 PM »
Ahh... the infamous World -1 from SMB for the NES... <flash-flood of flashbacks>

...I'm back now!  Yeah, I never found an ending for the -1 world, probably never will, but I'll keep on trying until I'm down to my last breath!

As for saving in The Adventures of Link, that's news to me.  If you want, you can try the age-old way of saving games on NES games -- press and hold the Power button while you pop the game up, and then release.  That's what you did for games like Dragon Warrior and Wizardry.

Oh!! Memories!!!
Gaming is more than entertainment, it's a lifestyle.

USA Allied Wallpaper

Offline enigma487

• Scalar, The Destructor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 06:21:08 PM »
for both of the zelda games on NES, you needed a second controller, or to move your controller to port 2.  then press some silly combination like up and select at the same time.  i'll verify this information if i can get my roommates NES to work.  it rarely does....so sad...

Offline Beave

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2003, 02:25:57 AM »
Yeah thats it, well i think. select and up. I thought it might have been a bug or something. I didn't know it worked on Zelda I either. I also forgot to mention how to continue on Super Mario Bros. After your game is over press select, a, b. I think you only need to do it twice, but do it a few times to make sure you get it right.

Just thought i'll share some info about the old games with you all. Most old school players probably already new this though.

Offline Fammy2000

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2003, 12:06:29 PM »
I think the -1 world was a bug. Most levels where 1-1, 1-2 or 7-1 etc. Somehow, the game accessed the new level routine and probably didn't say which level. Thus, the -1 world (the world is blank). The game then got confused, and grabbed data and made the weird water level that never ended (since it wasn't a real level).

Didn't they take -1 out of Super Mario All-stars on the SNES? That should be an indiation that it was a bug. But it was a fun bug.

The timer would run out before you could make it to the non-existent "end".

Just my guess.
My sig beat up your honor roll sig.

Offline Myxtika1 Azn

• The Master of the Fists
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2003, 01:27:42 PM »
For the quick save feature on Zelda I & II, I think you have to open up the menu with controller one, and then press Up and A on controller two, not Up and Select.
500 years ago, I shook the Pillars of Heaven.  Why should I fear a runt like you?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2003, 04:59:53 PM »
I think to continue in SMB, it was A and Start.  It was the same code as for Rad Racer I believe.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Okiva77

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2003, 07:31:37 PM »
FYI, saving games on the NES usually involved holding down the RESET button while powering off, not holding in the power button.

Wouldnt it be cool if they made a Mario title that revolved around a Minus World theme? That would be a fun trip.
AC info
Town:Zanzibar
Character:Johnny

"i'm walking through the desert, and i am not frightened
although it's hot.
i have all that i requested, and
i do not want what i haven't got."

(god bless you, sinead)