Author Topic: Metroid Remakes... COME ON NINTENDO!  (Read 6583 times)

Offline AdvancedGamer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Metroid Remakes... COME ON NINTENDO!
« on: March 19, 2003, 10:23:51 AM »
I keep thinkin latley and it be SO SICK if they put the Metroid Series on the GBA. I have spent about a half hour playing the Super Metroid rom and I can say it's amazing. I don't want to get deeper into the game because I would rather experience it on my gba then ruin it on my computer. I know they could do it... Metroid Fusion was really sick and Super Metroid looks just like. They are porting all other SNES titles, why not this one???? I thought it was supposed to be one of the greatest games of the SNES. I really need this for people like me who missed out on the SNES experience.  Also they should make a game for GBA with Metroid 1 and 2.... if it's possible to fit them both on the cartridge which I think they could (I missed out on those too)Post what you think here or if you hear any development rumblings.  
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 12:48:35 PM »
If they do port it, and that would be really nice, I hope they package a update of Metroid II for the GB whit it just to make it more worth our while.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 03:01:06 PM »
well, you could allways buy a snes and a copy of metroid from ebay (i know i will eventually, i sold my snes to get a 64 ) could also get metroid II from ebay, but well.. hehe its not exactly pretty to look at

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 05:04:42 PM »
I would really like to see remakes of Metroid and Metroid II on a GBA cart using the Metroid Fusion graphics as well as redoing the music and sound effects. It would be nice to have save rooms and things like that added in Metroid as well. It would also be nice if they included the original versions of the games on the same cart. I think it would probably be best if Super Metroid were on its own cart though.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Jollus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2003, 07:34:09 PM »
I would think that Super Metroid would be included with Metroid Prime 2 as a bonus.  Kind of like how Metroid 1 was with the original Metroid Prime.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2003, 09:03:47 AM »
"I would really like to see remakes of Metroid and Metroid II on a GBA cart using the Metroid Fusion graphics as well as redoing the music and sound effects."

That would kick ass.  I've really tried to like Metroid II but because of the black and white display it's just too hard to tell the difference between areas so I've lost interest.  Redoing the graphics would really help that game.  While we're at it let's add diagonal shooting and crouching to Metroid as well.  Maps are a good idea as well.

The only problem is if they completely redid the graphics and sound they might have to put them on seperate cartridges.  I personally wouldn't care as long as they were a cheaper price and included the original versions as well.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2003, 05:39:42 PM »
I know people hate the Mario ports but Metroid (as well as Zelda) really deserve it. I mean Mario already had recieved upgrades before but Metroid hasn't and considering there are so many people that didn't get to play these games when they first came out they really need to port them. Besides we've already gotten a new Metroid GBA game so I don't think anyone can complain that they are sick of getting Metroid ports but no actual new game.  

Offline Grimlock

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2003, 08:42:06 PM »
Excellent points all around, Gibdo.  The younger generation of gamers today don't really know the history and roots of the Metroid series.  Needless to say, it's one of my favorite game series along with Mario and Zelda.  I think, at the very least, Nintendo needs to port the first three games to GBA and at least improve the graphics and sound as well as add a battery save to the original game, complete with save points.  They should put the first two games on one cart, release it, then release Super Metroid (one of the best games ever made, period, imho) on a second cart a few months after that a la the Super Mario Advance series.  They could also put in a few extras on there, like maybe some galleries and/or some extra backstory details to help tie all the games together more cohesively.
Why you call me, Grimlock, stupid?  Me not stupid!

--from the Transformers G1 episode "Grimlock's New Brain", where he gets really smart and creates the Technobots

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2003, 04:56:59 AM »

Originally posted by: AdvancedGamer
I don't want to get deeper into the game because I would rather experience it on my gba then ruin it on my computer
Why?  With the Super Metroid ROM you can play it on a large VGA screen, and hear the sound on your surround sound system.  (Well, I can.)  So why on earth would you want to play it on a tiny, poor-sounding GBA?

Also for younger games, you *could* visit ebay and pick up a used Super Nintendo and Super Metroid cart if you desperately want to try it.  You could probably get it for only ~$50... same price as a GBA cart.

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2003, 08:02:56 AM »
Playing roms on an emulator is not only illegal but it's not as good as actually playing them on a some kind of console. I do have all the Metroid games on emulator and would much rather play them on a console or handheld. The Metroid bonus on Metroid Prime was much more enjoyable than playing it on an emulator. Also it isn't as easy as some people say to find used games. Sure ebay probably does have them but I'd also have to buy a SNES and NES and frankly I don't want to get a used game or console seeing as how there is no guarantee it would even work. Besides these games really deserve to be ported. There has already been a new Metroid released for the GBA so I don't see the problem. Retro has been confirmed to be making Metroid Prime 2 so it's not like we are being starved of Metroid any more.  

Offline JoeFalco

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2003, 12:26:03 PM »
I agree that remakes of the classic Metroid games on the GBA would be nice.  It would be best if Nintendo was able to combine the games into one cartridge.  I remember long ago when I beat Metroid 2: Return of Samus long ago when it first came out for the original Gameboy.  Ahh such days.  Anyway, I'm in favor of a Metroid remake on the GBA.
The sun never sets...on those who ride into it.  We just gotta keep going!