Author Topic: Metroid Hunters to be a pack in game  (Read 12225 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: Metroid Hunters to be a pack in game
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2004, 03:19:49 PM »
I think Omen may have hit it on the head...  There aren't any single player levels in it, but there will probably be bots you can set up.  Afterall, someones DS has to be the 'server' right?  I would hope there is some multiplayer AI in there.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Blackknight131

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Metroid Hunters to be a pack in game
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2004, 04:29:42 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
IGN mentions the single player stuff.  It BETTER have single player stuff or I take back any praise I have given for the pack-in idea.  A multiplayer only pack-in is f*cking useless.  In fact such a obvious oversight would change my whole opinion of the launch thus far.  A genius would include a pack-in.  An idiot would include a pack-in that virtually no one can play.

Guys, listen....its free. Extra. Unexpected. Unanticipated.
Even without it, as almost no one expected any kind of pack in anyway, we are getting the hardware with Picto-Chat built in and pretty much most of the rumored features intact for a price point either below the most recent estimates or in line with most folk's lower bound estimate.

Really tho, its whole purpose of existence is to hammer home the beauty of new wireless multiplay. Nintendo really wants the consumer to take note of this feature. That said, at the worst we should expect a multiplayer mode but with the option of playing against CPU opponents. I agree Its illogical to have this game needing human players to play. Illogical to the point where I wouldnt worry about it.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2004, 04:45:49 PM »
Hey, I just talked to Jonny again regarding this and he's telling me that they didn't explicitly say that there isn't single player, but the purpose of the demo is to give people a taste of wireless multiplayer.  And yes, I do think Nintendo wants you to jump on and play strangers in the parking lot or wherever.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2004, 10:36:13 PM »
I think there is a point to an MP only demo: After all, people are going to buy different games, many will end up with games that have no MP mode but with this demo they have at least something to play multiplayer.

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2004, 02:20:14 PM »
seriously, i dont understand why so many people are so quick to bite the hand that feeds them.

when is the last time a console launched with a pack-in game? (bundles dont count)

people should be glad that we are at least getting something... shoot i was ecstatic when i learned that it would launch at $150; hearing that we were getting a metroid demo was icing on the cake.

if it is multiplayer only (which honestly i dont think NOA is that stupid), is it really going to botch the launch, make DS fail, and push nintendo out of business?

no, so quit complaining and start saving your money for the most bitchin handheld since the original GameBoy
I'll shut up now...

Offline TOY

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2004, 05:16:32 PM »

so quit complaining

I wasn't complaining, I just think its dumb to bother putting in a mp only game. Like I said before, Give us a couple levels or some bots to play against. I dont have a problem with mp games but I dont know anyone else buying a DS. My friends dont play video games so for me and I'll bet alot of others it will be useless. By the way i'm probably much older than the average poster here which is why my friends dont play.

TOY

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2004, 06:07:48 PM »

Originally posted by: TOY
I dont have a problem with mp games but I dont know anyone else buying a DS. My friends dont play video games so for me and I'll bet alot of others it will be useless. By the way i'm probably much older than the average poster here which is why my friends dont play.

I am in the same position, mp multi demo for me is useless as is pictochat because I will never be near anyone I know (even if they buy a DS).  Although I think including mp demo is a good idea overall.  Picto chat is multiplayer only, and people are all going to buy atleast 1 game when they get their DS.  If they so happen to know someone else who gets a DS, then they can fire up the mp demo.  

What I am wondering is how long will the mp demo be included?  Just upto a few months after the PSP launches?  What will Nintendo do in March when the PSP launches in NA?  Will they lower the price at all, include a better packin, or anything at all?  Or just release some good titles and hope that helps hurt the PSP launch?

Another thing I'm wondering is will the Xmas launch really help the DS a helluva lot (it will to some extent)?  This Xmas has the most AAA titles ever for all systems, they're gonna dig into DS sales.  

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2004, 06:31:39 PM »
Play the people at the store when you go pick the console up? Is that so hard? Thats kinda the cool thing about the DS, the idea of playing people on the street. Or the Bus, or th Mall.  

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2004, 06:37:54 PM »
Kinda Like Ngage, only there will be more than two people in a 193 mile radius.  Hopefully the DSs system works a million times better, and without the ultra stupid "whoop wee ohh" comercials.

Offline kurst_chao3030

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »
arguments like this are funny and stupid
Banned

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2004, 10:02:40 PM »
Well, yeah, I know, the law of publicity says you're better off removing a feature than including it incomplete...