Author Topic: Nintendo To Reorganize Board, Branch Presidents Taking Larger Role  (Read 7660 times)

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo To Reorganize Board, Branch Presidents Taking Larger Role
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2016, 10:17:04 AM »
I was watching an episode of a show called Halt and Catch Fire where the engineers were pitching a game for sale to different companies. They had a meeting with a company that was clearly supposed to be Nintendo. In the episode they had the "American" executives in a closet office tucked away out of sight of the Japanese executives. The old boy from Texas who had dealt with Japanese companies before saw through this and went straight in to talk to the Japanese boys and got his game sold. I imagine that is how the real NOA operates sometimes, the "American" executives are really just the janitor walking around in a suit.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2016, 03:30:01 PM »
2DS was a purely Western joint for a while, they could have called that whatever they wanted. I actually like it myself but I don't speak for everyone.

NOA also barred the petite New 3DS entry to the US apart from a few willy nilly bundles here and there. I think the issues lie with the decisions that were made rather than not having the power to make decisions at all.

I think the 2DS is a logical name, but I don't know if NOA actually picked it.  Also, I'm unsure if not having the ~new~ 3DS was NOA's idea because the reason that they gave made so little actual sense.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2016, 02:59:13 PM »
I think it's time for a woman president.

For a Nintendo branch, I mean.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2016, 04:47:54 PM »
If its a women president it can't be Yamauchi's wife, or be taking an ungodly amount of money from Sony.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post