Author Topic: Here there be ponies  (Read 134270 times)

Offline Paleo

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: I just don't get Friendship...
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2012, 11:06:08 PM »
Someone actually did a video and asked for comments on why we actually love the show which I don't know if Unclebob is still wondering still.

Click on the annotatation to read through the comments of the introduction video where he asked the question for more peoples comments.

I'm surprised you didn't use my other video. I see you posted Saberspark's video though, he's a really cool dude, I talk to him quite often.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2012, 11:16:41 PM »
Someone actually did a video and asked for comments on why we actually love the show which I don't know if Unclebob is still wondering still.

Click on the annotatation to read through the comments of the introduction video where he asked the question for more peoples comments.

I'm surprised you didn't use my other video. I see you posted Saberspark's video though, he's a really cool dude, I talk to him quite often.

I figured that I would keep it short and brief since well your main video is quite lengthy but good.I was actually in the middle of watching it again when you posted here. I'm Animefan623 in the comments just to let you know. I was probably going to reference your other video if people were interested in what episodes to watch first but I figured I would wait till then. I am also surprised you came here.

Yeah S-U-P-E-R Lesson Zero is one of my favorite season 2 episodes. I think part of it has to do with all the wide and varied facial expressions Twilight does in the episode and as well as the chaos that goes on in the episode.After watching it again I think I like it because it basically had the whole cast in it and it had the touching moment at the end and running through the whole episode as well.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 11:40:44 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2012, 01:33:32 AM »
I'm no brony or anything but this is far and away the best episode (the one where twilight flips her ****)

best episode in the series by far

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 01:44:04 AM by Lithium »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2012, 01:38:42 AM »
That was the first episode I watched all the way through and I was impressed.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2012, 02:27:06 AM »
So Saberspark just put out the top 10 Pony videos for January 2012 and they were pretty good. Basically here is how it worked. Any video that was uploaded in January of 2012 was eliglble. He had people vote for at least 5 videos to a max of 10 videos and the ones with the most votes got the top 10 and there was some honorable mentions too.
Here is the video.

He will put up the Febuary voting video sometime near the end of Febuary. Oh also the links to the discription has the links to the full videos for the top 10 and the honorable mentions.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 01:12:17 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2012, 12:20:47 PM »
Newest PMV that came out of the fandom. It kinda has some spoilers from the season 2 opener with Discord so if you haven't seen it you may want to do so. You may also want to full screen the video so you can read the lyrics down at the bottom. Here it is.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2012, 12:58:42 AM »
I found a pic for those Bronies on NWR

and I even turned it into an avatar for anyone that wants it.
(I don't know why I'm encouraging you guys)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2012, 05:37:24 PM »
This was just released by The Living Tombstone. He is one of the more well known Brony Musicians. 

I was in the live stream for about 5 hours listening him make the song and it turned out brilliantly. The stream was going for 7 hours.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 05:39:15 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2012, 03:56:05 PM »
This was actually leaked a few days ago but I decided to not post anything about it till it was actually released today. It was hard to avoid spoilers on the episode.

Little back story the 3 in the thumbnail are the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Basically if you haven't noticed on the Mane 6 they have cutie marks on the back leg but these 3 don't. Basically a cutie mark is what a pony is good at or some skill only they possess.

Basically they go around trying to figure out what they can do together.Oh the one with the Bow is Apple Bloom who is Apple Jacks sister. Sweetie Belle which is in the center and is the unicorn and with the purple mane  which is Rarity's sister and finally on the far left is Scootaloo is which at this point we have no idea if she has a family at all. Anyway this is a Valentines day episode and it is funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTKqbRRijRI

Few songs that have been inspired from the episode or remixes from the song in the episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji4IQR9Zbwo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqxSKDV_bHg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7Krc3e7j4
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:23:52 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2012, 01:51:19 AM »
Maxi... come on, son.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2012, 02:24:27 AM »
What?

If you are wondering about my interest in this show it stems from this. Basically and quite frankly I find that there is negativity around where ever I go so this is basically the counter balance for that and plus this fandom has been the most positive I have been around ever. Everypony has different interests here. I don't see why I can't have an interest in this. If you did watch the video up top of the page it kinda states why I like the show. The last 10 years or so have been really bad and so this show comes along and it is the counter balance among other things.

Somepony said something that I thing rings true in this situation. "More people should celebrate what they love and put it out there instead of hiding in the shadows and being the same bland shade of beige."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 03:20:54 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2012, 03:30:56 AM »
Whatever floats your boat man

but seriously.... we are kinda worried about you.
Your Bronyism is so strong that you are creating new colors on the rainbow.

Just promise us no cos-play

and no tats

and we won't plan an intervention.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2012, 03:49:37 AM »
I'm too poor for cosplay and I am against tattoos. Plus I haven't found a new avatar for the new episode yet. I change them weekly if you haven't noticed.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2012, 03:55:59 AM »
Probably my favorite song and pretty approprate here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgNn8RLHrhk
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 03:59:39 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2012, 12:08:56 PM »
This is probably my favorite episode from season 1.

So for the past 2 Sundays I have gotten to watch the show with my sister and my niece and it has been a lot of enjoyment for me. I usually watch the new episode and an older one and then that is it. I showed her Dragonshy which is the episode shown above and it was the episode which really got me into the show.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 01:09:53 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2012, 01:15:13 PM »
For those that want to try this show out they have that 5 episode pack on amazon for preorder for 10 bucks. on iTunes each episode is 3 dollars so you are getting an episode for free essentually. Here is the link.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0063FGF14/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=gee03-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0063FGF14

This will encourage future season box sets if this sells well.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2012, 09:09:07 PM »
Someone needs to change the name of this thread to Maxi's Bronie Blog

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2012, 09:54:30 PM »
I guess I'm just trying to get some activity going in this topic by posting different types of things. Okay well here is something that I found when I first found out about this whole fanbase and it is a picture. Basically it is a scale of how into the show you are.

When I first found out about this show I was about a Fluttershy minus the Rule 34 stuff. I was pretty secretive about it and just lurking around sites and then later I went up to a Twilight Sparkle and then I wanna say about maybe a month or so back I went up to Pinkie Pie.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Paleo

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2012, 01:51:20 AM »
Whatever floats your boat man

but seriously.... we are kinda worried about you.
Your Bronyism is so strong that you are creating new colors on the rainbow.

This is eerily familiar.

I posted quite a lot at this Nintendo board called Negative World and I just sort of slowly stopped posting because I was getting so involved in the MLP stuff. I posted there again recently to just say that I haven't left because I still lurk. I don't want to leave there because it's been the best Nintendo board I've been a part of.

Now I realize I'm saying this on another Nintendo board.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2012, 02:05:26 AM »
I guess since this is a gaming site if this won't get any activity in this topic nothing will...

Mane 6 is the development team behind the Fighting is Magic game. The will be having a Live stream on Tuesday the 21st of February 21st at 8pm EST on their live stream channel.

Here is the info that you need.

http://www.mane6.com/2012/02/mane6-livestream-ii.html

Paleo it is kinda funny that you mention that site since the one in my signature is simi related to Negative world. At least as far as ideals go. Although our forum isn't as active as your guys is.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2012, 02:52:36 AM »
You should repost that in the fighting game thread. I remember their last livestream was pretty good!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2012, 03:39:01 AM »
For those that are not aware this whole MLP: FiM Fandom was started on 4Chan and the /co/ and /b/ boards. There was a big war between lovers of the show and haters of the show and then a ban on pony discussion and then Pony chan and Equestria Daily was formed and then later the banned was lifted but that isn't the point of this post. This was way back when the first episodes were airing.

Point of this post is that 4chan has a new mlp board so I guess the cycle is complete. If you want to venture over there and browse around at MLP:FiM start.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2012, 04:35:20 AM »
I guess I'm just trying to get some activity going in this topic by posting different types of things. Okay well here is something that I found when I first found out about this whole fanbase and it is a picture. Basically it is a scale of how into the show you are.

When I first found out about this show I was about a Fluttershy minus the Rule 34 stuff. I was pretty secretive about it and just lurking around sites and then later I went up to a Twilight Sparkle and then I wanna say about maybe a month or so back I went up to Pinkie Pie.

I'd say im at "twilight sparkle" on that list, i started watching it because i heard Lauren Faust was behind this coupled with the word of mouth.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2012, 05:48:35 AM »

I'd say im at "twilight sparkle" on that list, i started watching it because i heard Lauren Faust was behind this coupled with the word of mouth.

When did you find the show and your current favorite episode?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2012, 06:28:26 AM »
favourite episode is #3 of season 2 by far (the one where twilight goes insane) but it must have been sometime after season 1 ended that i started to watch the show.