Author Topic: Pikmin 4 In Development, Mario Galaxy Looking At New Hardware  (Read 6947 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Pikmin 4 In Development, Mario Galaxy Looking At New Hardware
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2015, 11:49:25 AM »
Eurogamer has confirmed the interview was embargoed until yesterday.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2015, 01:21:07 PM »
Waiting for hardware advances for Mario Galaxy...

i'd hope they can reach the fidelity this single dude is doing.

They're waiting for Metroid too right? If they can have Metroid and Zelda ready for launch and have Mario soon after, that would be pretty sweet.

Do people really want a Mario game that looks like this?
(More to the point, am I the only one who actively doesn't?)
NNID: ejamer

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 01:40:14 PM »
There are parts of that Mario demo that I like and parts I don't.  I don't really want Mario to look like real life.  However the NSMB Mario style is incredibly dull and generic and I would like them to experiment a little more.  The Mario models they use these days look like they were intentionally designed to not push the hardware and be exchangeable between the handheld and console.  SSB tends to give the Mario characters a little more visual pizzazz than the "real" Mario game have since the Gamecube and that's more the style I would like.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2015, 04:15:54 PM »
I would love it to look realistic, I just would want the architecture to be mario-esque. 1:23 2:18  3:39 fit the aesthetic of Mario pretty well. Obviously its Mario running around in generic pre-made unreal backgrounds. Nintendo did a pretty good job with Galaxy with the environments, they did an amazing job on Mario Kart 8. They could bump those up further on an NX installment. Actually Mario Kart 8 perfectly balances realistic and whimsical.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2015, 04:34:23 PM »
I don't think any of the environments suit Mario at all, but it's a good showcase for really cool different types of lighting that a Galaxy type game could benefit from.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 05:37:15 PM by NWR_insanolord »

Offline Disco Stu

• Has a Fever for Saturday Night
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2015, 09:00:24 PM »
It bears saying that two of the times Nintendo's made a quick sequel re-using the previous entry's assets we got two of the greatest games they've ever released (Majora's Mask and SMG2 of course)
I got hooked on the white stuff back in the 70s.

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2015, 10:22:53 PM »
It bears saying that two of the times Nintendo's made a quick sequel re-using the previous entry's assets we got two of the greatest games they've ever released (Majora's Mask and SMG2 of course)
If Pikmin 4 is to Pikmin 3 as SMG2 was to SMG, this better be a Wii U game and I can't wait to play it.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2015, 11:18:14 PM »
Good news! Though I don't expect to play it for at least a year at the earliest.

I still really want to go through Pikmin 3 again and get all the fruit. Between kids and Smash I just have the hardest time going through games multiple times these days.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2015, 03:39:07 AM »

Donkey Kong Country led to Donkey Kong Country 2. The original Pikmin led to Pikmin 2. Mario Party led to Mario Party 2. NSMBU led to NSLU. Although there isn't a lot of examples available percentage-wise, when Nintendo releases a sequel to a property of theirs in the same generation as the original, the sequel is often considered superior or at least equal as in the case of Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2.

To put it concisely: Get. PUMPED!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2015, 07:52:02 PM »
Adding to Khush's list, Super Mario Galaxy led to Super Mario Galaxy 2 which was the superior game according to most.