Author Topic: Tons of Disney Games are Coming  (Read 3308 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Tons of Disney Games are Coming
« on: June 14, 2007, 02:34:29 PM »
It's obvious that Disney Interactive Studios is supporting Nintendo in a big way as all of these titles are coming to a Nintendo Platform.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=13619

Family Fun Comes Home This Fall With Disney Channel Video Games    

Popular Characters From High School Musical, Hannah Montana and More Team Up on Consoles and Handhelds This Holiday Season    

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Families have a lot to look forward to with all-new video game adventures based on hit Disney Channel series coming to consoles and handhelds this fall. Published by Disney Interactive Studios, the video game lineup includes Hannah Montana: Music Jam on Nintendo DSâ„¢, Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour on Wiiâ„¢ from Nintendo, The Cheetah Girls: Pop Star Sensations on Nintendo DS and The Suite Life of Zack & Cody: Circle of Spies on Nintendo DS. Additionally, fans of all ages will be singing along with the gang in High School Musical: Sing It! on Wii and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, and showing off their dance moves in High School Musical: Makin’ the Cut on Nintendo DS. And finally, action-lovers will battle enemies alongside renowned heroes in Power Rangers: Super Legends on Nintendo DS, PC and PlayStation 2 system.    

“Whether they aspire to dance and sing with the characters of ‘High School Musical’ or save the world with the heroic Red Ranger, kids, tweens and families will have plenty of options with our lineup of video games based on popular Disney Channel properties," said Craig Relyea, vice president of marketing, Disney Interactive Studios. “We understand parents are looking for games that are appropriate for the entire family, and we’re providing a line-up of games that are positive, safe and fun for every member of the family.    

Get those vocal cords ready! Based on the phenomenally successful Disney Channel original movie “High School Musical," Disney’s High School Musical: Sing It! features songs, sets and characters from the original film and “High School Musical 2" premiering in August. Available for Wii and the PlayStation 2 system, this karaoke video game allows fans to interact with the movies’ stars for the first time on any gaming console. With 30 songs to choose from, along with 30 minutes of “High School Musical" bonus footage and cast interviews, High School Musical: Sing It! will be the karaoke game of choice for fans, kids, tweens and families. Players can also choose their favorite backdrop and belt out hit songs from other popular Disney Channel favorites. High School Musical: Sing It! will be available in August and rated “E" for everyone. On Wii, the product will be $59.99 bundled with a microphone. For the PlayStation 2 system, the game will be $49.99 bundled with a microphone and $39.99 without the microphone.    

High School Musical: Makin’ the Cut! on Nintendo DS tests players’ dance and rhythm skills as they compete in a cross-country musical competition, choreographing and dancing to the well-known songs from “High School Musical" and “High School Musical 2". In this addictive rhythm-based game, fans play as any of the six “High School Musical" stars (or their own customized character) as they dance to the beat and travel across America. Additionally, players can create their own music videos and share them with friends via the Nintendo DS’ wireless capabilities. High School Musical: Makin’ the Cut! will be available in August for a $29.99 MSRP with an “E" for everyone rating.    

Power Rangers fans play as the ultimate super heroes on an action-packed adventure to save the world from evil in Power Rangers: Super Legends. Players battle enemies, solve puzzles and explore an interactive world as some of the most beloved Power Ranger heroes from the original Mighty Morphin squad to the current Operation Overdrive team. The game combines fast-paced, martial arts combat with super moves and gravity-defying aerial combos. In the spirit of the series, players can team up with a friend for cooperative missions and massive Zord battles. Power Rangers: Super Legends will be available in November on the PlayStation 2 system, Nintendo DS and PC. Anticipated prices include $29.99 for Nintendo DS and the PlayStation 2 system, and $19.99 for PC with an anticipated E10+ rating for everyone 10 and older for all platforms.    

In Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour for the Wii, players tour the world as the pop princess herself and live the dream of rock stardom. Players dance with their Wii controllers as Hannah dances with you on stage to earn devoted fans worldwide. Off stage, players design the look of each show, including stage settings and wardrobe, and even special effects and pyrotechnics. Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour will be available in October for $49.99 with an anticipated E for everyone rating.    

In Hannah Montana: Music Jam on the Nintendo DS, girls are transported into the exciting and sometimes crazy world of Miley Stewart and her alter ego Hannah Montana. Playing as both characters, kids practice their musical talents, coordinate high fashions and live out their dreams of becoming a pop star in Hannah’s greatest musical challenge yet. To help her win this competition, players use their Nintendo DS touch screen to master instruments including lead, bass and rhythm guitars, along with drums. On top of everything else, a new and mysterious pop-star blasts onto the scene to steal Hannah’s thunder. Hannah Montana: Music Jam will be available in October for $29.99 with an anticipated E for everyone rating.    

The Cheetah Girls: Pop Star Sensations brings the pop star life to girls on the go in an all new adventure featuring the “cheetah-licious" Disney Channel stars. Available on the Nintendo DS, The Cheetah Girls: Pop Star Sensations takes advantage of the handheld’s touch screen and microphone allowing players to dance with the stylus and sing along to the official Cheetah Girls soundtrack. Players help Galleria, Chanel, Aqua and Dorinda practice their unique talents of song writing, singing, fashion and dance. Girls also take on the role of stylist, selecting new outfits for the Cheetahs and sharing them with friends. The Cheetah Girls: Pop Star Sensations will be available in October for $29.99 with an anticipated E for everyone rating.    

The popular characters of the hit Disney Channel Series “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody," take on their biggest mystery yet in The Suite Life of Zack & Cody: Circle of Spies for Nintendo DS. The game transports players beyond the Tipton Hotel to the St. Mark, a rival hotel where clues lead to the discovery of a secret spy organization. Players will take on the role of Zack and Cody encountering characters from the show, plus new personalities such as “The Magician." Cool gadgets and entirely new places including a mysterious traveling carnival combine for a unique experience, with all the mischief, mystery and hilarious fun that fans of the show expect. Also, for the first time, fans will be able to play as Maddie and London in fun mini games. The Suite Life of Zack & Cody: Circle of Spies will be available in October for $29.99 with an anticipated E for everyone rating.

:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Bartman3010

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Tons of Disney Games are Coming
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 03:28:12 PM »
Hm, I wonder if they're up to supporting the Virtual Console at all.

Magical Quest - Starring Mickey Mouse would be a great addition, although they seem to be pretty content on bringing up a lot of dreck featuring Hannah Montana and Zack and Cody instead...
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 03:49:40 PM »
Magical Quest was pretty fun from what I remember of it . . . would be better than probably any of those games listed in that press release.

Offline Ages

• Wii the People
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 04:10:31 PM »
Nintendo is teh kiddiz!
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you n

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
RE:Tons of Disney Games are Coming
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 04:56:47 PM »

Originally posted by: Bartman3010

Magical Quest - Starring Mickey Mouse would be a great addition, although they seem to be pretty content on bringing up a lot of dreck featuring Hannah Montana and Zack and Cody instead...

I think they would need Capcom's approval as well since Capcom developed and published the SNES game (Nintendo published the GBA version). Disney didn't really start making their own games until a few years ago.  
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 06:07:50 PM »
Mickeyton
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 06:25:05 PM »
What is this Hiiii Skuuuul Mooozzzziiikaaallllll???
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 12:01:17 AM »
Dood... Might have to get that Power Rangers game...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
RE:Tons of Disney Games are Coming
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 03:30:56 AM »

Originally posted by: nintendogamecube86

Originally posted by: Bartman3010

I think they would need Capcom's approval as well since Capcom developed and published the SNES game (Nintendo published the GBA version). Disney didn't really start making their own games until a few years ago.

Disney can be  very protective of their assets so I wouldn't rule out that they went ahead and made sure to hold all the rerelease type rights from those types of games.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 06:39:15 AM »
Just give me Duck Tales on VC.  That's all I ask.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!