Author Topic: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread  (Read 718206 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:Official "Virtual Console Mondays" Thread
« Reply #1125 on: April 30, 2007, 05:37:16 PM »
Dudes... it's Mystical Ninja... I can forgive Nintendo almost ANYTHING now.

Thank you. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

...I love my Wii...*sniff*

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: Official "Virtual Console Mondays" Thread
« Reply #1126 on: April 30, 2007, 07:40:48 PM »
Hey Kairon, Nintendo just shot your dog.

Speaking of Mystical Ninja, why wasn't the DS  game localized?

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 30, 2007, 11:09:36 PM »
I think Konami's given up on Goemon in the US (they didn't localize Ganbare Goemon 1+2 or the wierd new-age Goemon thing for the GBA, either).  Which is a shame, because the DS Goemon game was awesome.
GOREGASM!

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 01, 2007, 12:30:18 AM »
Wait, there was a DS Goemon game?? o_O
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 01, 2007, 04:11:02 AM »
Yep, it was among the very first demos available.

Offline Luffy1Piece

• View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 01, 2007, 02:12:47 PM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Castlevania is to Super Castlevania IV as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is to Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ?

How is a video game->video game reimagining analogous to a book->movie adaption?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 01, 2007, 02:18:22 PM »
You know what I would like to see?  Kirby's Dreamland 3.  It came out for the SNES much, much later than the N64 was released, and several gamers don't even know it exists.  It was two player, with Gooey being the character the 2nd player controls.  He had a long tongue, and could also steal powers.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: May 01, 2007, 02:24:14 PM »
No one cares about Dreamland 3.  NEED SUPER STAR.
GOREGASM!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: May 02, 2007, 05:36:19 AM »
"You know what I would like to see? Kirby's Dreamland 3."

I've got that.  Good stuff.  I like Superstar better but Dreamland 3 is a perfectly acceptable Kirby game.  The graphics are also really amazing since it was one of the last SNES games.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: May 02, 2007, 08:20:57 AM »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: May 02, 2007, 10:08:38 AM »
Oh yeah, it's only a matter of time now before TMNT 3: The Manhatten Project and Turtles in Time appears.  Of course this also means Hyperstone Heist for the Genesis will proboby appear in the future as well which will be nice since I never got to play that one.

Actually for anyone that played it, how good was Hyperstone Heist?  Was it up to the quality of 3 and Time?
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline ShreddersDojo

• View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: May 03, 2007, 12:33:56 PM »
Now, when is TMNT and Turtles in time the Arcade game coming?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1137 on: May 03, 2007, 04:01:38 PM »
Kirby Superstar was also 2P, IIRC. I'm pretty sure the 2P could control a helper.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline RedBlue

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: May 05, 2007, 09:39:06 AM »
When are we going to get Zero Wing for the Sega Genesis? All Your Base Are Belong To Us FTW

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: May 05, 2007, 06:45:51 PM »

Originally posted by: ShreddersDojo
Now, when is TMNT and Turtles in time the Arcade game coming?

probley a small chance of the arcade perfect version of turtles.  However i want Turtles III, The Manhattan Project
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline ShreddersDojo

• View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: May 06, 2007, 03:16:16 AM »
Well, I hope it's soon.  Along with the forever in limbo Simpsons Arcade Game.

I just threw out my arcade cabinet, but kept the boards of all three.  It wasn't being used, and I was hoping they would get released eventually .

Offline Ages

• Wii the People
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 06, 2007, 11:54:24 AM »

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
Oh yeah, it's only a matter of time now before TMNT 3: The Manhatten Project and Turtles in Time appears.  Of course this also means Hyperstone Heist for the Genesis will proboby appear in the future as well which will be nice since I never got to play that one.

Actually for anyone that played it, how good was Hyperstone Heist?  Was it up to the quality of 3 and Time?

Eh, you wouldnt really like Hyperstone Heist, it's pretty much a castrated version of Turtles in Time
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you n

Offline ShreddersDojo

• View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 06, 2007, 03:08:34 PM »
The gameplay was a bit slower, but Hyperstone Heist wasn't all that bad.  It marked Tatsu in his first and ONLY Videogame appearance.  I think of it as a mesh between the first two arcade games with a few new levels thrown in for good measure .

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: May 06, 2007, 03:15:06 PM »
I have to agree, and add this:  If you played TMNT II: The Arcade Game and Turtles in Time, you've basically played all that the Hyperstone Heist has to offer.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1144 on: May 06, 2007, 04:39:28 PM »
Hell, I would add this.  If you Play Turtles in Time you play everything that TMNT 2: The Arcade Game has to offer, but better.  

So really all we need is the Super Nintendo Turtles in Time and we are set.

Offline Ages

• Wii the People
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: May 06, 2007, 05:51:29 PM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Hell, I would add this.  If you Play Turtles in Time you play everything that TMNT 2: The Arcade Game has to offer, but better.  

So really all we need is the Super Nintendo Turtles in Time and we are set.

Agreed, though TMNT 3 felt different than Turtles 2 & 4
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you n

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1146 on: May 07, 2007, 05:35:53 AM »
So where is Nintendo's announcement for this weeks Virtual Console releases?  

Answer to my own question:

Final Fight (SNES)
Mighty Bomb Jack (NES)
Ordyne (TG16)

I am not sure of two of those games...but Final Fight is frustrating.  Nintendo, why are you giving us versions of the game that aren't the best...and maybe I should take this to Capcom specifically.  But, I understand not getting arcade perfect games.  I won't complain about that.

But why release Street Fighter 2, then later give us Hyper Fighting.  I will not re-buy Hyper Fighting...I will wait for Super Street Fighter 2...but I would rather get an update to my Street Fighter to become Hyper Fighting.

Why are you giving us Final Fight, when you should really give us Final Fight Guy, or some version that allows us to play as the 3 playable characters.

Finally, Nintendo you are not immune to this.  Why did you give us Wario's Woods (NES) Instead of the vastly superior and more playable (SNES) version.  I still expect an upgrade from my purchase to the NES version.

I don't ask for much.  I am not going to demand online play, upgraded graphics, or arcade perfect versions of the games, because I understand these are ports from classic systems.  But I do request that we actually put the BEST version available from all the systems supported on the Virtual Console.  

And this comes from someone who is supporting your virtual console full force.  I have downloaded over 16 games for the Virtual Console, and have 800 Points waiting for a good SNES or Genesis game I want to replay.

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: May 07, 2007, 06:40:03 AM »
All Final Fight Guy did was take out Cody for Guy and bring a couple minute details back that were missing in the original.  If you really want a great version of the game get the GBA one.  It pretty much put back almost everything that was taken out of the SNES original.   There are stores that still have it.

And why is Nintendo being blamed for the third party releases not being the arcade originals?  Maybe third parties don't feel like throwing extra dev time into making an arcade emulator, not to mention most of the stuff like Capcom's arcade titles were well over 12MB, especially the SF2 series.    

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1148 on: May 07, 2007, 06:48:53 AM »
Darknight:  I will grant you that it isn't Nintendo's fault.  Except Nintendo could ask the 3rd parties to release the better version than the other.

I am also not one that has complained too much about the virtual console...it is the single biggest reason I bought a Wii.  

I just feel upset that I bought Street Fighter 2, and now a better version of the same game is about to be available, and I bought Wario's Woods because I love puzzle games, and I like the game alot, but I wish it was the SNES game.  

At first, I took it as Nintendo just needing time to get the system up and running and then ironing out all the wrinkles, but Nintendo doesn't seem to be ironing out those wrinkles.

What makes it seem worse is that Hudson and Sega seem to be doing much better on their releases on the Virtual Console.

Hudson in particular has taken the time to pick their better Turbo Graphics 16 games to release or the cult classic games.  It is like they have a pulse on the fans that Nintendo doesn't.  Sega is doing a pretty great job also.

Am I complaining about everything about the virtual console.  No.  I am quite pleased and amazed at how many games Nintendo has up on the system so early...and that the VC has a great number of quality games, and has already gotten good support from 3rd parties.  

But I would like Nintendo to take time to really think what games fans want to play and get them up sooner than later.  That doesn't mean I want everything NOW.  But I do want to see more reservation what games are chosen.

Offline Nemo

• View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #1149 on: May 07, 2007, 07:27:19 AM »
Has anyone played Ordyne?
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net