Author Topic: Nintendo Bringing 3DS to PAX East, Hosting Kid Icarus Events  (Read 746 times)

Offline Webmalfunction

• Pokémon World Report
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
Nintendo Bringing 3DS to PAX East, Hosting Kid Icarus Events
« on: April 04, 2012, 02:06:56 PM »

Fans can get in on a Kid Icarus: Uprising Together Nearby tournament as well as an AR scavenger hunt.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29723

Nintendo 3DS will be featured at PAX East in the form of Kid Icarus: Uprising events and demos for new and upcoming games.

On Friday, April 6, in the Handheld Lounge, Nintendo will be hosting a Kid Icarus multiplayer tournament between 6 and 9 p.m. Players can bring their own 3DS and Kid Icarus game card and have access to use almost any weapon or power previously obtained in the game. In addition, attendees can participate in a scavenger hunt for select Kid Icarus AR Cards.

At the convention, playable demos for upcoming titles Mario Tennis Open and Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir will be available for play, as well as demos for Kid Icarus: Uprising and Mario Kart 7. On the eShop front, Ketzal's Corridors, Dillon's Rolling Western, Pushmo, and Sakurai Samurai: The Art of the Sword will all be playable.

PAX East runs from April 6 into April 8.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Bringing 3DS to PAX East, Hosting Kid Icarus Events
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 03:32:23 PM »
I expect Neal and co to bring home an NWR Site Win.
Though he did promise me a Skylander write up a while back for a workshop he went to.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Bringing 3DS to PAX East, Hosting Kid Icarus Events
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 05:06:36 PM »
I didn't go to a Skylanders workshop. There was a talk at GDC that I was trying to see if there was good info about, but there wasn't anything that notable.

And I'm screwed. I'm missing P-Barn and JDizzle. I'm finished!
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"