Author Topic: Nyko Announces Controller With Built-In MotionPlus  (Read 9692 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Nyko Announces Controller With Built-In MotionPlus
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 04:02:14 PM »
It's usually pretty easy to fix a stuck accelerometer. It happened to a friend of mine and he called Nintendo; they told him to smack it hard against his palm and it worked.

My friend refers to this as 'spanking' the remote.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 10:59:59 PM »
they told him to smack it hard against his palm and it worked.

Mmm...I wish this were in the Funhouse.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2010, 11:35:41 PM »
Whack that pee-pee.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 10:33:20 PM »
My Nyko charger that I got back in 2007 is not really holding a charge anymore and one side doesn't work. The wiimotes always have 2 bars after I charge it. So the Quad Charger will be perfect for me.

I think the lesson was supposed to be that you SHOULDN'T trust Nyko chargers.

The kind of charger you should get is just a standard AA battery charger. That way you can use the batteries in every device you have that takes AA batteries, as opposed to a proprietary wii-mote charger that only works for the wii-mote (and from what you're saying, not very well).

As soon as I got a Wii I almost immediately switched from regular batteries to rechargeable ones. Now I'm not only saving money, but I'm helping the environment too (I think). But anyway, yeah, just use a regular battery charger and regular rechargeable batteries...
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2010, 11:26:17 PM »
Speaking of rechargeable batteries, which is the best type to get at the best price it can be found?

I last had some Radio Shack brand AA & AAA and they lasted for ~2years with no issues.
The AA's(x4) were used almost exclusively in the wiimotes and last just over 2 years with constant use and the AAA's(x4) lasted almost 3 years, but I had a 3rd pair of rechargeables to cycle with those for a wireless mouse. I got all 8 batteries (4xAA & 4xAAA) with the charger for only $38 after tax.

What are the best batteries to get?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 11:33:33 PM »
Mine are Energizer brand. I bought them shortly after I got the Wii in January of 2008, it was a pack of 8 size AA and 4 size AAA. They all still function, though I've noticed they don't last as long as regular batteries; I'd say about 25 hours per charge instead of about 32 that I got from normal Energizer brand batteries. I believe the set was $20 before tax.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2010, 02:31:20 AM »
I don't know about the brands, but I would be more trusting of an established brand like Energizer or Duracell instead of one you never heard of that looks cheap. Also, look on the box for the mAh information. The higher this number is, the more charge the batteries will be able to hold so higher is better and always try to get the ones that have the highest number of that. The ones I use say 2650 mAh and that seems to last about as long or even longer than a regular alkaline battery, so it works great as far as I'm concerned. But if you see 2700 or even higher then that would be even better.
is your sanity...

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2010, 02:35:07 AM »
4 AA is all you really need if you are only dealing with one wii mote. The Wii-mote takes 2 batteries, and you can just leave the other 2 in the charger and swap them as necessary so you never miss a beat. I play my Wii a few hours every day, but it takes weeks before I need to change the batteries.

I have this charger thing that plugs into the wall socket and it only holds 4 batteries and it will only take AA and AAA, but that works out fine because I only use it for the Wii. I do have a separate charger which is much larger that can charge size C and D, but I almost never need those kinds of batteries. Really, what uses that size? Not much...
is your sanity...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 03:11:06 AM »
Size D is common with torches, but throughout my life I've not seen a single device which uses size C.

And why is there no size A or B?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 03:27:06 AM »
C is common in older devices here but D is extremely rare.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 03:29:48 AM »
Torches? Here in America they are called flash lights, and some use C batteries. There were sizes A and B, just not used anymore.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 04:26:03 AM »
C and D can be found commonly in various electrical toys. Animated stuffed animals and trains.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2010, 05:06:10 AM »
Teddy Ruckspin whatever ungodly thing he was.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2010, 06:38:34 AM »
All battery sizes (AA, AAA, C, D) actually have the same voltage of 1.5volts, so you can technically use batteries interchangeably as long as you can get them to fit or whatever. The advantage larger batteries like size D has is that it can store more energy and therefore has a longer life, but at the cost of being much larger and bulkier.

And btw, did you guys know if you open up a 9 volt battery it is actually just a wad of 6 AAAA batteries? 1.5v x 6 = 9v Yes, they do make such a thing as AAAA batteries, but they are apparently very rare.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAAA_battery
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 06:44:51 AM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2010, 09:27:52 AM »
Most Walmarts carry AAAA batteries at the Pharmacy.  Many glucose meters use them.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2010, 06:47:46 PM »
There is no size B battery listed here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battery_sizes

This article seems to explain why:

The prior existence of the "B" battery is apparently the reason why there is no B-size single-cell "battery." In devising the lettered sizes it seems that there was a conscious effort to avoid "B," possibly also due to its association with a much higher voltage. Single-A was also avoided, but there was apparently no concern for possible confusion with the use of "C" as a size.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_%28vacuum_tube%29

That's way more than I ever cared to know about batteries...