Author Topic: 2nd Annual NWR Live Podcast Telethon for Child's Play  (Read 30409 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: 2nd Annual NWR Live Podcast Telethon for Child's Play
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2011, 01:03:08 AM »
Have there been any reviews of the Child's Play Charity?

I looked and I could only find the words of the actual people who run the charity and that doesn't mean jack.  With the huge miscellaneous fees a lot of places have I don't give money to anything unless it has been vetted.
I've seen a lot of Testimonial. Also here is the Wiki for it.

I've never seen anyone come out and say that the money, games, etc. don't 100% go to the hospitals.

Ebay has Verified it for what its worth.
Child's Play on Great Nonprofits
Here is Child's Play Guidestar page.  You can look at there 990 Tax Form here.

I've given to them for years.  This is the same group of people who do PAX.

Edit: About an hour of research on this... :/

If you don't wanna go through their 990, I already have. It was for a project for a class. I can assure you that that nearly all of the donations go straight to partnering hospitals. The little bit that doesn't mostly goes towards shipping various gifts and paying the handful of employees (mostly part time). For what it's worth, you probably won't find many charities where that much of the donations go straight to the cause.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2011, 01:49:50 AM »
After several hours of testing and finalizing plans, everything is set in motion... now I'm going to bed, and when I wake up, we'll be almost ready to kick off this amazing event! Please help in the morning by continuing to spread the word on your social networks, even as the show gets underway! And please search deep in your pockets because we have some fantastic content lined up all the way to the end.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2011, 01:52:03 AM »
By the way, Jeff Cannata (Totally Rad Show, Weekend Confirmed) will join the all-star lineup for "Memoirs of a GameCube"... if we get enough donations to make it that far!
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline koovaps

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2011, 07:13:42 AM »
Good luck with the show gentlemen! I really hope you guys achieve the full $3200 and more. You run the best website and podcasts on the whole of the internet. I gave my few bucks, but sadly, I have to work today. I hope to catch the last few hours, though. I really want to hear that famicast hour. Again, good luck!

p.s. Can anyone beat 3,251,306 steps taken on the 3DS? That's my current total. My job keeps me moving and it's with me at all times.

Offline tyrian3

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2011, 07:29:13 AM »
All right, after opening the scene last year being the first ever call-in on the show, and after being on again for the live anniversary special, tonight I'm going for the 3 in a row :)
that's right, fire up your skype because Luca from Italy, the guy who lost a prize thanks to Milon's Secret Castle, the guy who did a Mario impression to say "Happy Birthday" to RFN, the one with the weird european accent (does a european accent even exist, or is he just plain terrible at English? :P) IS COMING BACK IN TOWN! YAY!

:D

seriously, I can't wait, I hope to be able to talk to you guys again and this time I definitely hope to be more relaxed, the other times I was so excited I could barely speak!
RFN aficionado since 2008, first ever RFN live call-in and live show staple! Affected by the Lindemann Syndrome.
Add me on 3DS/WiiU :D

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2011, 09:12:39 AM »
Have there been any reviews of the Child's Play Charity?

I looked and I could only find the words of the actual people who run the charity and that doesn't mean jack.  With the huge miscellaneous fees a lot of places have I don't give money to anything unless it has been vetted.
I've seen a lot of Testimonial. Also here is the Wiki for it.

I've never seen anyone come out and say that the money, games, etc. don't 100% go to the hospitals.

Ebay has Verified it for what its worth.
Child's Play on Great Nonprofits
Here is Child's Play Guidestar page.  You can look at there 990 Tax Form here.

I've given to them for years.  This is the same group of people who do PAX.

Edit: About an hour of research on this... :/

If you don't wanna go through their 990, I already have. It was for a project for a class. I can assure you that that nearly all of the donations go straight to partnering hospitals. The little bit that doesn't mostly goes towards shipping various gifts and paying the handful of employees (mostly part time). For what it's worth, you probably won't find many charities where that much of the donations go straight to the cause.
Anyway you can post that project somewhere?  There is not really any independent checking of Child's Play on the internet and it could be helpful for next year.

Congratulations All!

We've unlocked "Game of the Year Roundtable" which will hopefully include Overlord in Residence Neal to put in Skylanders.  We all know that Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3D Land are going to win it this year so lets hope this will discuss the games that had a chance if such strong competition hadn't come out so late in the game.

Keep it up everyone.  We want to at least get to the Fami crew.  Remember We're doing this for the Kids!
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2011, 11:20:45 AM »
Do you guys mean to be broadcasting already?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline LittleIrves

• Title = Ha.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Kill Screen
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2011, 11:26:24 AM »
Oh man, I hope the Famicast hour gets unlocked, as I've been loving the 8-4 Play podcast lately. And I'd definitely grab that NIS pack if I won a prize...  been wanting to check out Sakura Wars for awhile. But geez, y'all had to schedule the live event during the Michigan-Nebraska game! (Isn't there a Cornhusker on staff? If so: Go blue.) Anyhoo, I'm chipping in some $ and really look forward to listening in, either now and then LIVE or hopefully the recorded file...   Good luck!
Contributing writer at killscreendaily.com

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2011, 11:26:44 AM »
Still live...

*not now*
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Nbz

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2011, 12:01:48 PM »
Is it live yet? I can't see the chat box because my Uni blocks IRC clients :(

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2011, 12:03:23 PM »
Yeah, it's up.

Offline Nbz

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2011, 12:06:06 PM »
Well this is terrible. My uni internet seems to be blocking me from listening via the site. Is there any other way to listen to it?

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2011, 12:55:40 PM »
Wow, nice jump in fundraising since I checked last! The GotY roundtable is probably the topic I'm most looking forward to, so glad to see that unlocked... but we're still $30 away from live Radio Trivia and hitting 50% of the ultimate goal? C'mon guys!

EDIT: I take it back. Someone donated $30 to hit the mark while I was typing.  To celebrate, I'm donating another $20.
NNID: ejamer

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2011, 01:05:51 PM »
Well this is terrible. My uni internet seems to be blocking me from listening via the site. Is there any other way to listen to it?

I'm not able to listen live (or at least, not for the vast majority of the day) so am really hoping that it'll be posted as a podcast after the fact. Here's hoping that the show is free of technical issues!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2011, 03:11:39 PM »
$500 Donator

YOUR AWESOME!!!!
 :cool;
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2011, 04:52:53 PM »
SUCCESS!

$3450+. Shenanigans and Red Velvet to follow.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Eyothrie

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2011, 09:03:51 PM »
Excellent show!  thanks to all of you!
RTR!

Offline Traveller

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2011, 09:05:45 PM »
Glad I managed to start listening when Karl did the Dr Who bit haha.
Nicholas Bray - Australian Correspondent

Offline delebreaub

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
    • StreetPass WI
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2011, 09:14:19 PM »
Great show you guys! Over $3600 and almost 115% of your goal at the end of the show! Amazing!! Can't wait for the recording and then next year.

Now I will try and get by the waiting by listening to last years show.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2011, 09:29:55 PM »
Dem ****ies were grappled, bombs were dropped, prizes were handed out and a good time was had by all.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to do something less harmful to myself. Where'd I put that crystal meth...?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Nbz

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2011, 09:55:36 PM »
I really hope the recording turned out ok. I'm really annoyed that I missed the whole thing because my University internet blocks every port under then sun and just doesn't work with the audio streamer :(

Otherwise, excellent job guys, I'm slightly shocked that we managed to hit the full 9 hours AND exceed the total. A roaring success if you ask me!

Offline Chiramii

• View Profile
    • Neogaf
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2011, 10:01:47 PM »
Too bad there was no Red Velvet. It's like there is a puzzle piece in my life that is still missing and forever will be. That story must really be the sh*t, if not I would be disappointed. Oh well, maybe it is for the best that it will be kept as a secret. Overall a wonderful show guys. I'm glad I could help you by donating! Best entertainment I've ever had.
Lovin' my Pikachu 3DS XL

Offline tyrian3

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2011, 04:28:24 PM »
What a day yesterday!
fantastic under every point of view (expect for the lack of the Red Velvet story)
RFN aficionado since 2008, first ever RFN live call-in and live show staple! Affected by the Lindemann Syndrome.
Add me on 3DS/WiiU :D

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2011, 10:36:56 PM »
Part 1 is go!

mp3 version
Superior AAC version

Mad love to Karl for getting this up. iTunes is also updated.
Tutorial box out.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2011, 09:22:59 AM »
Part 1 is go!

mp3 version
Superior AAC version

Mad love to Karl for getting this up. iTunes is also updated.

Surprised (and thrilled) to see the first part go up so quickly.  Look forward to listening!