Author Topic: Marvel Levels Up With Activision  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Marvel Levels Up With Activision
« on: July 29, 2005, 06:23:01 PM »
Activision has gained the rights to make RPGs off of Marvel's intellectual properties.

ACTIVISION EXPANDS ALLIANCE THROUGH NEW LISCENSING AGREEMENT WITH MARVEL    

Activision Granted Exclusive Rights to Develop and Publish Non-Persistent  Role Playing Game for Console and PC Based on the Collective Universe of  Marvel's Super Hero Characters

Santa Monica, C.A. and New York, N.Y.  - July 29, 2005 -- Activision, Inc.  (Nasdaq: ATVI) extends license with Marvel Enterprises (NYSE: MVL) to expand  and solidified their long-term, broad-based strategic alliance through an  additional license agreement for aby signing  non-persistent role playing  game (RPG.)    

Under the terms of the deal Activision is granted the exclusive rights to  develop and publish cross property non-persistent role playing games (RPG)  that utilize a broad, "ensemble cast" of characters from the Marvel  Universe.  The agreement, expected to further strengthen Activision's  leadership position in the Super Hero genre, covers both the console and PC  arenas.  The first game under the new agreement is expected to be released  in fiscal 2007.    

"We are proud of the success we have had with games based on the Marvel  licenses," states Ron Doornink, Chairman, Activision Publishing, Inc.  "This  agreement further strenghthens and helps to solidify our position as the  number one publisher of Super Hero games."    

Ames Kirshen, Vice President of Interactive at Marvel Enterprises said, "We  have had tremendous success with Activision through the licensing of  individual characters and groups such as Spider-Man, X-Men and Fantastic  Four. Rather than focusing on just one character, this unique license  enables Activision to develop role playing games that tap a broader base of  characters from Marvel's expansive universe. We look forward to an even more  successful future with Activision."

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!