Author Topic: The Subspace Emissary Sucks  (Read 49536 times)

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
Re: The Subspace Emissary Sucks
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2008, 02:00:49 AM »
Yes you do, and yes it is retarded.
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2008, 08:32:43 AM »
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2008, 09:17:03 AM »
I just started it I agree.  I am almost to the point where I'll just spend the 8 hours playing the coputer in versus to get the character I want.  This is like plain jello.  It has everything to be great but the flavoring.  A combo count would have done worlds of good in my book and now I'm stuck somewhere that won't let me down and it has no way to proceed that I can see.  Plus, this is my first run through, I haven't met any secret characters yet and I've gone through every door I can find.  I dread having to go a second time just for that.  Also Pikachu makes more sense how they set it up then Yoshi and link.

What does a combo count have to do with anything?
Like in the Devil May Cry 4 demo I found it fun to try to get my hit combo up.  Just little things like that.  I also don't like the whole post-apocalyptic thing going on.  Its like this world was ravaged before anyone arrive.  Then the lack of any real Nintendo locations.  Just in the end I think it could have been done a lot better reach back into the lore of Nintendo more.  Though I'm starting to think the Melee is the purest of the smashes.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2008, 09:21:49 AM »
I have barely touched the Subspace Emissary, but I have many of the characters unlocked.  Subspace is a good diversion from the original game, but it still feels like adventure mode with really silly enemy designs.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2008, 08:51:23 PM »
Alright I beat SEE, it was pretty good.  Other than the first two stages and the Great Maze was bullshit.  The ending kicked ass!
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Mikintosh

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2008, 01:05:19 AM »
I just got my copy today (I'll write a post on the "I Played Brawl" thread), but no, SSE totally rocks. And the character designs are great; more interesting than stomping on Goombas and Koopas all the time (tho the DK part with them was just fine).

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2008, 02:55:21 AM »
SSE totally rocks

Clearly hasn't gotten to the Great Maze yet.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2008, 03:16:54 AM »
im not saying mix wrestling into the game, im saying having a game with more characters, all their specials, some character editors, basically they were a company that did everything right, the only downside were good n64 graphics on n64. Otherwise, if you wanted it..then it was probably in there. Wrestling is pretty deep, so its hard to do.

like for instance. Say i wanted to play as the wrstler Sting, well sting has had multiple persona's and costumes, well if i wanted to switch then they'd be there, and theyd be there for like 60-65 characters, each wrestler has a set of moves that they do, and those would all be there as well. The game actually gameplay wise was similar to smash bros in that its just combinations of a and b and how you held them and what direction you pressed.

http://ign64.ign.com/articles/164/164737p1.html
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline darknight06

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2008, 01:54:12 PM »
Smash is nothing like AKI's wrestling games.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2008, 02:10:24 PM »
SSE is a waste of time and a waste of resources for the game.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2008, 02:20:42 PM »
SSE is a waste of time and a waste of resources for the game.

Nah, I loved the cinema scenes and had fun when having to kick several easy enemies asses at once.

To beat the SSE one time through took me about 7 1/2 hours.  It was a good experience other than the maze.  The final Boss was hard and extremely cheap some times.  Reminiscent of stupid Contra bosses, but was a really cool boss and battle anyway.

After about 11 hours I have unlocked all characters and stages.  Took me 3 days.  That is pretty fast for me.  This game is amazing.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 02:40:47 PM by Obi-Kanobi [DAaaMan64] »

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Svevan

• View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2008, 02:42:57 PM »
I AGREE WITH MASHIRO
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2008, 02:46:30 PM »

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2008, 04:50:41 PM »
What's so amazing about it?

I'm sorry but I find myself not impressed by the SSE at all. Yeah the cinemas were cool but pointless just like the mode itself.

It builds itself up to be something so epic and yet there is no solid story, no reason behind the events that unfold, nothing . . . it's just a bunch of soulless eye candy.

Are we supposed to be impressed? I'm not.

For all the delays and hype and well everything surrounding the game I am left feeling sorely disappointed.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2008, 04:56:15 PM »
Well first I wasn't expecting much and got a lot.  It turned out to be a pointlessly cinematic brawler with no worthy story line.  It was fun.  Not amazing no, the cinema scenes were pretty amazing and awesome though.  Like the first donkey kong and diddy kong one and the scene with the giant gun coming out of the sphere and Kirby flies through it.

Was it disappointing?  Ya probably for those who expected much more than I did. haha But it was worth it for me for the little entertainment I got from beating the **** out of weak enemies, and the fun I got from the cinema scenes.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2008, 04:57:32 PM »
You know what, I really didn't mind the SSE until the very end of it. The final boss and the great maze were ass. The rest of it was fun just because it had pairings of characters you never see together. There was some good humor thrown in and some epic feeling moments. The part that killed it was the tedium of it all and the terrible choices they made with regards to coop mode.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2008, 04:58:39 PM »
You know what, I really didn't mind the SSE until the very end of it. The final boss and the great maze were ass. The rest of it was fun just because it had pairings of characters you never see together. There was some good humor thrown in and some epic feeling moments. The part that killed it was the tedium of it all and the terrible choices they made with regards to coop mode.

LOL that scene with Peach and her umbrella in front of the turrets was HILARIOUS.  So was the cup of tea scene that followed.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Svevan

• View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2008, 05:03:42 PM »
You know what, I really didn't mind the SSE until the very end of it...The rest of it was fun just because it had pairings of characters you never see together. There was some good humor thrown in and some epic feeling moments.

All of the good things you just mentioned were in the cutscenes.

The final boss and the great maze were ass...The part that killed it was the tedium of it all and the terrible choices they made with regards to coop mode.

This is your description of the actual gameplay
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 05:41:35 AM by Svevan »
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2008, 05:08:41 PM »
SSE aint no Viewtiful Joe
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2008, 05:22:19 PM »
Red Hot Rumble aint no Brawl
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2008, 05:25:15 PM »
SSE should have been one giant CG movie and once you were done watching it everything would have been unlocked so you can actually have some fun with the game =D

I shouldn't just knock on SSE though because truth be told the game doesn't feel like it's all that it was supposed to be.

Just my (sad) opinion.

Offline Svevan

• View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2008, 07:27:04 PM »
I DISAGREE WITH MASHIRO
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline Mikintosh

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2008, 07:38:19 PM »
SSE should have been one giant CG movie and once you were done watching it everything would have been unlocked so you can actually have some fun with the game =D

I shouldn't just knock on SSE though because truth be told the game doesn't feel like it's all that it was supposed to be.

Just my (sad) opinion.

Yeah, 'cause Smash Bros. with only 21 characters is no fun at all. How many characters were there total in Melee? What, only a couple more than that? Huh.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2008, 07:56:52 PM »
I had far more fun with Melee than I am with Brawl ::shrugs::

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2008, 08:21:12 PM »
I had far more fun with Melee than I am with Brawl ::shrugs::

Don't worry, just some people get grumpy and feel the need to defend every aspect of the game. Perfection must be created in their head to further their enjoyment.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144