Author Topic: E3 2013 discussion thread  (Read 39690 times)

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2013 discussion thread
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2013, 11:44:24 PM »
The only thing that might be a thorn in Sony's side is that PS+ is now a necessity to gain access to online multiplayer. But with regards to the retail price point and the other features PS+ offers, it is safe to assume that the majority of the consumers will not be too annoyed by this.

Offline Drizzt

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2013, 12:07:47 AM »

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2013, 12:18:18 AM »
Ubisoft hasn't shown Beyond Good and Evil 2 yet... wonder if we might see it tomorrow?

Sony did good tonight though. I didn't think I would be interested in Xbone or PS4, but I certainly am looking hard at the PS4.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2013, 12:19:51 AM »
Figured I might as well post this here after I already Tweeted it earlier. Behold the two faces of Microsoft today:

Microsoft Post-Microsoft E3 Press Conference:

Microsoft Post-Sony E3 Press Conference

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMc2rowCUAAdOJl.gif:large
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:24:37 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2013, 12:21:25 AM »
I have never owned a Sony console in my life.  Sony made me despise them over the PS3 launch.  $1000!! *spits*  Two Jobs!!! Think it should have been more expensive!!  Like hell.

Sony have really pulled their head in.  They have won me over.  I loved everything I saw today.  I was initially going to stay with PC this generation, but now I am thinking twice.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2013, 12:51:08 AM »
I have never owned a Sony console in my life.  Sony made me despise them over the PS3 launch.  $1000!! *spits*  Two Jobs!!! Think it should have been more expensive!!  Like hell.

Sony have really pulled their head in.  They have won me over.  I loved everything I saw today.  I was initially going to stay with PC this generation, but now I am thinking twice.

It was not $1000 at launch. It was $599 US dollars, hence the meme.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2013, 12:54:54 AM »
It was $1000 Australian.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2013, 12:55:30 AM »

It was not $1000 at launch. It was $599 US dollars, hence the meme.

Maybe you should check before you reply. Shorty is from Australia, where the PS3 launched at $995 for the more expensive model.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2013, 12:58:35 AM »
What is wrong with you, TJ? Butthurt over the failure of the Microsoft conference? I made a mistake, woopdy fucking doo.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2013, 01:00:35 AM »
What is wrong with you, TJ? Butthurt over the failure of the Microsoft conference? I made a mistake, woopdy fucking doo.

LOL, guess you are butthurt for being wrong and getting corrected on it TWICE. I was nice and polite in my response. I think you are mad because you thought you were right and were correcting someone.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2013, 01:16:48 AM »
sometimes my butt hurts if I sit too long.

So that Jonathan Blow game for the PS4 looks cool, if not a straight up rip off of Myst. Blow seems like a bit of a douche though.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2013, 01:17:01 AM »
I love the internet lol.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2013, 01:38:21 AM »
Kingdom Hearts III
Final Fantasy XV
game set match

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2013, 02:26:16 AM »
Jack Tretton has been accused of murder.

http://i.imgur.com/vLNmkwF.png

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2013, 03:11:46 AM »
Wow, did everyone really think that Sony's presentation was that good? I mean sure, all the sticking it MS stuff was awesome, but outside of that there wasn't anything too interesting. The Order or as I'm calling it "Knights with Guns" was lol, who thought that was a good idea? FFXIV looked pretty cool, but Kingdom Hearts didn't wow me. KH has always been overrated and that "trailer" did nothing. Destiny still looks boring and it didn't help that the guy playing was beyond annoying. The indie stuff was cool, but they'll all most likely come out on every platform they can.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2013, 03:24:30 AM »
Nope, sorry. KH and FF is what I grew up on. Announcing those two games so damn close together after all these years (I've actually been waiting for both titles since 2006) made me fucking cry. I don't care if the PS4 ends up being the worst console in history -- as long as I get those two games in the next three years, I can die happy.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2013, 03:43:57 AM »
All of the positive buzz Sony is getting is a result of MS's presentation being just "ok" along with all the problems they caused for themselves with their new regulations.  Also, it helped that their conference ended with MS jabbing and the surprise launch price.  Combine all that, and you have everyone feeling good and great.  When you look at the conference as a whole and in and of itself, it was average in my mind.  Nothing really stood out and it was just more of the same.  It was great if your into fpsers and the likes of AAA western releases but nothing I would consider a system seller yet.  A lot of the good stuff isn't even planned to release till 2014. 

As for FF and KH, I'm glad you love them Oblivion but to each their own.  I've never been a big fan of KH so I can't speak on that but FF is a mere shadow of its former glory IMO.  They are great games but I don't consider them to be classics.  A lot of the changes post FF7 have split the fanbase I believe.  There are those that prefer old Squaresoft and those that don't mind Squareenix's new direction.  I for one am not a fan of these model looking Jpop characters that seem to liter every new FF release.  I also don't really like their Sci-fi slants that the series has gone on.  My fantasy for another FF would be for them to go back to their roots and create another medieval FF with a strong fantasy angle and a lot of political intrigue similar to the original FF tactics.  What I envision is a Japanese Game of Thrones just with more magic and wonder lol.  I wish Square would make something like that with the budget they throw into these FF releases.  That's just my taste though and can see where other's would prefer otherwise.  This is better left for another thread though lol. 

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2013, 07:49:15 AM »
Sony's press conference was better than Microsoft's. They still didn't really wow me into a purchase. The announced games don't do it for me and what Nintendo has planned to show today for release later this year probably would have trumped all anyway.

I was never really into Kingdom Hearts and that teaser would have done nothing for me if it did. It ended with "Now In Development." The game is so far away that it doesn't matter yet. It's like when Nintendo announces that a new Zelda is in development. Great, but I'll get excited later.

Offline AnGer

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2013, 08:43:50 AM »
The game is so far away that it doesn't matter yet.
While I won't argue about your personal feelings, showing off games that are coming in a few years (frankly, I believe that Kingdom Hearts III will be out by 2016 at latest) gives potential buyers a perspective about what's in store for them a little down the road. This is something Nintendo is currently lacking – we do not have any clue about what's coming to both the WiiU and especially the 3DS beyond the coming holiday season. While it shouldn't turn into something like Sony did with The Last Guardian, having at least a little something to be a little excited about is what would give both WiiU and 3DS a perspective and leaves us consumers with a sense of longevity.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2013, 09:26:27 AM »
"In a few years" is vastly different from "A little down the road." That's my entire issue with announcing games so early. There's not much perspective since anything can happen to that game. No one wants a situation like The Last Guardian or even Final Fantasy Versus XIII/Final Fantasy XV, but it happens. Square Enix showed next to nothing of Kingdom Hearts III and people are getting really excited. That's certainly their right. How disappointed would they be if the game got delayed to PS5?

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 11, 2013, 09:32:05 AM »
How disappointed would they be if the game got delayed to PS5?

Exactly the reasons why I'll be delaying my purchase of PS4 until it comes out, if at all.

Also, remember Killer Instinct? It's apparently free to play, but only free if you like to play as Jago. The rest of the characters will cost money. Soooooo it's really not F2P.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/killer-instinct-is-a-fun-free-to-play-xbox-one-launch-game
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline AnGer

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2013, 11:00:17 AM »
I'm gonna go with Soren here... won't pick up a PS4 until one of these titles comes out, my PS3 and 360 backlog should suffice until KHIII's release. Also, I was not disappointed by the WiiU, so I might get that first anyway.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2013, 11:25:53 AM »
@Soren dude that's the fucking definition of free to play.

So in conclusion

Sony had a boring conference, but won on principle.
Microsoft had the best conference but lost the plot with the worst console.
Nintendo gonna Nintendo.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2013, 11:27:31 AM »
Shinji still has a hard on for Microsoft? What a surprise. They definitely did not have the best conference.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2013, 11:31:30 AM »
@Soren dude that's the fucking definition of free to play.

Coming soon to Xbone: "Killer Instinct: Jago vs. Jago Edition". Absolutely free!!
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV