Author Topic: Green Day: Rock Band Announced  (Read 10483 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Green Day: Rock Band Announced
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 12:57:25 PM »
lol music games.

At least Wii Music was paid for only once.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 01:01:47 PM »
I mean you go from The Beatles to Green Day....... Why there are so, so many better bands than freaking Green Day..... Hundreds of better bands.....

The same could be said of the Beatles.

That said, this is just retarded.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2009, 08:42:42 PM »
I'm getting the feeling that DDR and Rockband are going to be spending a lot of time together on store shelves in the next few years.....
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 04:48:40 PM »
I'm getting the feeling that DDR and Rockband are going to be spending a lot of time together on store shelves in the next few years.....

I still think that the DDR pads should be integrated into DJ Hero. DJ really only exist at clubs, so having a stripper or go-go girl on the DDR Pad makes sense.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2009, 07:50:51 PM »

I still think that the DDR pads should be integrated into DJ Hero. DJ really only exist at clubs, so having a stripper or go-go girl on the DDR Pad makes sense.

"sparkly balls sparkly balls, i like sparkly balls!"
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »
Why there are so, so many better bands than freaking Green Day..... Hundreds of better bands.....

The same could be said of the Beatles.

Well, you COULD say it but you'd be wrong.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2009, 03:10:13 PM »
Only if you've never ventured outside the mainstream in music. Well, that's not even true because The Doors>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Beatles.

The Beatles are the Halo of the music industry.
-Travis Touchdown

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2009, 10:25:22 PM »
Only if you've never ventured outside the mainstream in music. Well, that's not even true because The Doors>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Beatles.

The Beatles are the Halo of the music industry.

Seriously?  I don't listen to the Beatles much as they're too poppy for me, but they're far more innovative, diverse, and complicated than the Doors.  And I LOVE The Doors.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2009, 12:06:48 AM »
The only reason ANYBODY thinks the Beatles were innovative is because they were lucky enough to be THE BAND at the birth of mass media. The Beatles consistently played music that was five years behind it's conception because all they did was function as chameleons, and bring previously non-mainstream music to the mainstream, where it was devoured because ZOMG IT'S THE BEATLES. They didn't do anything new, they just adapted already-existing music into a digestible form.

Diversity is meh to me because establishing a unique sonic signature is more important to me than having boring music that spans a few different aspects of a genre. Same goes for complexity, but calling the Beatles "complicated" is laughable.

I have never understood what people see in The Beatles and I never will. The music is simplistic and boring, the harmonization is basic and lacking in quality, and Ringo is as terrible an asset to The Beatles as Lars Ulrich is to Metallica.
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2009, 02:53:28 PM »
On the one hand, Green Day wrote and sang one of my favorite all-time songs: "The Time of Your Life."

On the other hand, "I WALK A LONELY ROAD, THE ONLY ROAD THAT I HAVE EVER KNOWN..."
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2009, 05:34:16 PM »
Rock Band Featuring Mario And Company

Put a guitar in Mario's gloved hands and remix Mario music in ways I've not heard before, and maybe, MAYBE, I'll show some interest in one of these music games.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2009, 10:16:47 PM »
I have never understood what people see in The Beatles and I never will. The music is simplistic and boring, the harmonization is basic and lacking in quality, and Ringo is as terrible an asset to The Beatles as Lars Ulrich is to Metallica.

Yes, Ringo is average, but Lars, while annoying, is a fantastic drummer.  Do you play any instruments?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2009, 10:55:57 PM »
On the one hand, Green Day wrote and sang one of my favorite all-time songs: "The Time of Your Life."

Sorry, but these types of things bug me (everybody has small things that bug them, and this is one for me); the songs title is "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)". I agree that it's a great song though and easily my favorite Green Day song.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2009, 01:41:33 AM »
The game will be only the second band-specific Rock Band title, following this year's The Beatles: Rock Band. <P>

Doesn't the AC/DC only RB game count?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 01:43:40 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2009, 02:18:25 AM »
Well, Harmonix has referred to that as a Track Pack, so I don't count it as a separate title.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2009, 02:59:18 AM »
Well, Harmonix has referred to that as a Track Pack, so I don't count it as a separate title.
Was it the full retail $50 when it was released?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2009, 04:11:25 AM »
Was it the full retail $50 when it was released?

I seem to recall it starting at either 30 or 40 so the track pack term may be right.
My Game Collection

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2009, 08:32:55 PM »
Green Day didn't write Good Riddance, Billy Joe Armstrong did...when he was in another band (and quitting said band). It's really not even a "Green Day" song, since he's the only one who takes part in it (besides a cello/violin player, IIRC). Oh, and it sucks, too. Also...Blvd. of Broken Dreams is a rip-off (musically and the flow of the lyrics) of Tracy Chapman's "For My Lover" (listen to it on YouTube right here).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2009, 09:36:20 PM »
You are in the tiny minority if you don't like a great song like Good Riddance. Not only did critics love it, but so do consumers (and the song was not about some other band, it was about a ex-girlfriend). I don't get your hate for Green Day.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2009, 09:47:45 PM »
Ok, that song is good and that song alone totally warrants buying a $60 game for! SORRY!
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2009, 12:14:05 AM »
You're right, it's about a girl (don't know where I got my bad info), but I'm not in any type of "tiny minority." You're confusing "tiny minority" with "people who don't listen to 3-chord (G-C-D...that's pretty much it) pop songs from top 40 stations." I never said I hate Green Day, I enjoy quite a bit of their music, but their music is incredibly simple, repetitive, and doesn't deserve their own game. I know, I know, I don't have to buy it - that's true, but it still sucks, because Harmonix could be making a real game again, instead of wasting time on this crap. This is what happens when your studio is owned by MTV.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2009, 12:25:40 AM »
Sure, I'd rather see The Decemberists: Rock Band, but then I'd need to get a plastic mandolin, cello, and pirate ship.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2009, 04:02:31 AM »
Rockband ain't done until you need an accordion.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2009, 04:37:13 AM »
Sure, I'd rather see The Decemberists: Rock Band, but then I'd need to get a plastic mandolin, cello, and pirate ship.

I've never heard of The Decemberists and I would buy that just for the chance to play songs with a Mandolin on a Pirate Ship.

My Game Collection

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2009, 07:37:34 AM »

I've never heard of The Decemberists and I would buy that just for the chance to play songs with a Mandolin on a Pirate Ship.

I WOULD ALMOST BUY THOSE.

Then not because i would break my pledge.

*continues waiting*