Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3164143 times)

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #7025 on: May 30, 2012, 08:54:53 AM »
Ugh, why would you leave over something so trite? You're a good member, I'm pretty sure everyone would rather you stick around even if UE4 doesn't end up on the Wii U.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #7026 on: May 30, 2012, 09:40:10 AM »
All he has to do is change his name, so we can all make fun of that old member - catersomethingorotherwhodoesntknowwhatheistalkingaboutkiller

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: May 30, 2012, 01:58:23 PM »
Ugh, why would you leave over something so trite? You're a good member, I'm pretty sure everyone would rather you stick around even if UE4 doesn't end up on the Wii U.

Agreed. Caterkiller, you're worth more to us than UE4 on the Wii U.

IT HURTS TO RESIST MY CORE PROGRAMMING.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: May 30, 2012, 02:11:44 PM »
All he has to do is change his name, so we can all make fun of that old member - #catersomethingorotherwhodoesntknowwhatheistalkingaboutkiller
Fixed it for you.  :P:

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: May 30, 2012, 04:17:28 PM »
What is a Cater, and why does he want to be a Killer of it?
is your sanity...

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: May 30, 2012, 04:22:54 PM »
from the wikipedia article on caterpillar

"The etymological origins of the word are from the early 16th century, from Middle English catirpel, catirpeller, probably an alteration of Old North French catepelose: cate, cat (from Latin cattus) + pelose, hairy (from Latin pilÅsus).[1]"

killer rhymes with pillar, so its clever you see.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
No Star Fox/Metroid fusion and what is a Caterkiller?
« Reply #7031 on: May 30, 2012, 05:36:58 PM »
Or this thing.

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/File:Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(16-bit)_07_Caterkiller.png

I chose this name a long time ago back when I had real hope for Sonic. The pre Sonic Heroes time period.

These guys reported it, now they are saying no Metroid Starfox fusion title. Thank god!
http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/05/30/confirmed-status-update-on-retro-studios-making-star-fox-metroid-fusion-saga-for-wii-u/

Also a Kingdom Hearts HD collection for Wii U? I tried to play the first Kingdom Hearts I really did, but I just could not bare to get past Tarzan. It was so boring to me. If this comes out I will try and give it a go.
http://www.dualpixels.com/profiles/blogs/kingdom-hearts-hd-remix-to-be-shown-at-e3-2012-for-ps3-wii-u-and-
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:20:09 PM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: May 30, 2012, 07:20:03 PM »
I don't think that we will get GTA 5 this year, but a GTA HD collection that includes GTA 3, VC and San Andreas could be announced at E3 for release this fall for the Wii U.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: May 30, 2012, 07:22:56 PM »
Oh, kytim. You're such a card. You had me fooled there for a second. Your post started sensibly enough then quickly descended into typical kytim nonsense. I'll give you a +1 for the effort.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: May 30, 2012, 09:28:57 PM »
Oh, kytim. You're such a card. You had me fooled there for a second. Your post started sensibly enough then quickly descended into typical kytim nonsense. I'll give you a +1 for the effort.

Every other last generation franchise is getting HD rereleases, so why is GTA any different? Also, I meant that Wii U, PS3, 360, anf possibly Vita will get the game.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #7035 on: May 30, 2012, 09:41:10 PM »

Every other last generation franchise is getting HD rereleases, so why is GTA any different? Also, I meant that Wii U, PS3, 360, anf possibly Vita will get the game.
Didn't Take-Two already release a compilation disc of GTA games? I coulda sworn...
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: May 30, 2012, 09:46:58 PM »

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: May 30, 2012, 09:55:12 PM »
In high defintion, DUH! :P:

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: May 30, 2012, 10:00:01 PM »
Also a Kingdom Hearts HD collection for Wii U? I tried to play the first Kingdom Hearts I really did, but I just could not bare to get past Tarzan. It was so boring to me. If this comes out I will try and give it a go.
http://www.dualpixels.com/profiles/blogs/kingdom-hearts-hd-remix-to-be-shown-at-e3-2012-for-ps3-wii-u-and-

I'm gonna ignore the rest of your previous post as I didn't believe that other rumor anyway, but a Kingdom Hearts HD collection would be a nice addition to the Wii U launch. Also the perfect way to introduce some newer Nintendo audience to RPG's in general and everyone else to RPG's with the menu on the touch touch screen.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: May 30, 2012, 10:12:35 PM »
To clarify, I don't think such a compilation is coming to the Wii U.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #7040 on: May 30, 2012, 10:27:25 PM »

I'm gonna ignore the rest of your previous post as I didn't believe that other rumor anyway, but a Kingdom Hearts HD collection would be a nice addition to the Wii U launch. Also the perfect way to introduce some newer Nintendo audience to RPG's in general and everyone else to RPG's with the menu on the touch touch screen.
Oooh. Sold. Big time. Sold.

I've only played Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories on the GBA, but if this is actually true. Count me in... day one.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Uncle_Optimus

• View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: May 31, 2012, 12:52:07 AM »

Why doesn't Nintendo just get 'em to develop a new Super Mario RPG? It's been like 15 years, Paper Mario is a biiiit played out and Kingdom Hearts itself has certainly seen a fair amount of sequels and side stories.
Or, to set the universe on fire, a Nintendo character cross-over RPG orgy-fest that centers on Geno the stellar dimension-hopping puppet badass.
THAT is the fusion saga I be wantin.

Offline Uncle_Optimus

• View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: May 31, 2012, 01:10:26 AM »
IPad won't let me modify my post  :confused;

Anyway, BlackNMild, I remember you posted links about a joint research project between Nintendo and Google engineers from some years back? Centered on OS development I believe.
Have you come across anything new in that vein?
Nintendo's OS layer will dictate their scope of services and I think all of the game platform companies, even Nintendo, are going to have to expand the scope of their device (further along the lines of what MS is already striving to do and improving on the things Nintendo itself offered) to remain competitive in the living room computing space.

Actually, I feel like a partnership between Nintendo and Google makes a whole lot of sense. Google can offer a ton of quality technology, services perhaps even directly aid in developing an OS (custom Android or chrome fork?). It could even serve as a joint marketing effort. Meanwhile in exchange for utilizing the tech, Nintendo can offer them a prime ticket into the living room, an objective Google has been striving for in recent years, and another outlet for them to serve up those lucrative ads. Google would sure love to beat Apple and MS to market, as well.

Nintendo can't go it alone going forward, Iwata has said this and demonstrated this understanding in seeking EA's support with development of Nintendo Network. Unless Nintendo has secretly been hiring an experienced team of OS guys, they are going to need help here as well to deliver something better than what DS, Wii and even 3DS has offered.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: May 31, 2012, 01:14:51 AM »
You can modify a post on an iPad if you use the little pencil and paper icon in the lower right of the post instead of the modify button at the top of it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: May 31, 2012, 01:20:06 AM »
Besides what Megabyte posted about the developer of that joint project splintering off to continue the work on it, all I've got as a follow-up is rumor

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=16688.msg731235#msg731235

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: May 31, 2012, 01:47:42 AM »
Why doesn't Nintendo just get 'em to develop a new Super Mario RPG? It's been like 15 years, Paper Mario is a biiiit played out and Kingdom Hearts itself has certainly seen a fair amount of sequels and side stories.
Or, to set the universe on fire, a Nintendo character cross-over RPG orgy-fest that centers on Geno the stellar dimension-hopping puppet badass.
THAT is the fusion saga I be wantin.
Three words: Mushroom Kingdom Hearts. I would eat that shite up.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Uncle_Optimus

• View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: May 31, 2012, 01:54:55 AM »
Besides what Megabyte posted about the developer of that joint project splintering off to continue the work on it, all I've got as a follow-up is rumor

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=16688.msg731235#msg731235

Ahhh that's the stuff, cheers! I remember your mega-post and I remember that GAF chap posting about how we "shouldn't worry about the WiiU's front end and OS layer".
I honestly think Chrome or some high function browser is a key to future relevancy since so much computing task will be performed on the Internet with the browser as the chief user window. I do believe future console platforms hooked to the TV need to observe this as well because Steve Jobs sure seems to have been planning for it! :p

Side note: thx Insanelord, was relegating myself to waiting for a new Safari update hah. Works like charm!

Bonus side note: EvanB, please keep Sora and those other KH youngsters outta my Nintendo RPGs, pleeeease!!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:56:56 AM by Uncle_Optimus »

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: May 31, 2012, 02:00:26 AM »
Nah, it would definitely be just FF and Mario characters. I hate the "mysterious, somehow interconnected youths" of KH, myself.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: May 31, 2012, 04:19:06 AM »
Nah, it would definitely be just FF and Mario characters. I hate the "mysterious, somehow interconnected youths" of KH, myself.

Well if your going to be mixing in the FF and Mario universes then I don't see why not bring the rest of the Nintendo gang in to complete the package.  Right now I'd either take a sequel to Mario RPG with only the Mario universe in play or a full on everyone invited rpg where you have Pikachu and a Moogle intermingling. 

As for Caterkiller, I'm with everyone here in saying that if you do follow through with your ban from NWR then just come back as "The Artist Formally Known as Caterkiller".  I think something to that affect will be fine.  Take your avatar and slap a fake mustache on it and all will be well lol.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: May 31, 2012, 08:16:57 AM »
Bonus side note: EvanB, please keep Sora and those other KH youngsters outta my Nintendo RPGs, pleeeease!!
Why? Such a game wouldn't hurt anybody. In fact, it may garner more interest in the console. If you're worried about an entire team being used to make the game, consider that Square Enix would likely develop the game and that they'd be making a Nintendo exclusive title instead of anything for PS3/360. I have a hard time getting into RPGs these days so I'm not bursting with excitement for such a game. However, I see no reason why it could be considered a bad thing. It's a better crossover idea than Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.