Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3164993 times)

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #5950 on: March 18, 2012, 09:20:10 PM »
You bastard!
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: March 18, 2012, 10:24:52 PM »
Excellent stuff, BlackNMild.

Also, I hope you don't mind, but I sometimes post your rumors finds at gamespot.com.  Of course, I always give you credit. ;)
Oh, I don't mind at all. It would also be nice if you linked them to the rumor consolidation(s) too.

Holy smokes GTAV for Wii U!!!!!!

Nah I'm kidding! I'm not that late! I checked this time!

LOL you got me that time. I was ready to post a quote on you. Even funnier is that you are the last post on the page and that link was from the first.

Offline doomd

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: March 18, 2012, 10:58:07 PM »
I am surprised to find that rendering anything to the uMote effects the main screen.  Simply because the 3DS has a GPU for each screen if memory serves.  I be very surprised if the uMote doesn't have a smaller dedicated GPU of its own in the WiiU. 

I personally be dismayed to only be doing 720p on complex things.  Why?  Because PCs can support larger than 1080p and has for while.

If I was going to make a game system today I would want doing 1080p 60 FPS on my most taxing game in the current gen to be a clear goal.  We are not moving from 1080p in a while.  I would have an eye on doing 1080p 3D at 30 FPS on the same game.  I be very surprised if MS and Sony are not thinking much the same thing.
That would honestly be a waste of silicon. Modern GPU's can handle processing images for up to 3 screens or more without much issue. And having 1080p and 60fps as a standard would severely limit what you could achieve over the current generation of consoles. Better to keep 720P as the standard in this day and age.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: March 18, 2012, 11:13:41 PM »
I bet Ubisoft's Petz Babiez for the Wii U will still be in 480p

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: March 19, 2012, 05:39:59 PM »
... having 1080p and 60fps as a standard would severely limit what you could achieve over the current generation of consoles. Better to keep 720P as the standard in this day and age.
Where did I say it was the standard?  So having a machine capable of doing 1080p 60 FPS on this gens complex games = severely limiting what you could achieve over the current generation?  That's like saying that buying a Sports car will stop me from going as faster then I would just buying another station wagon.

and will require not TV ever to play.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5955 on: March 19, 2012, 05:55:12 PM »
There is a cool rumor about Counter Strike and World of War Craft coming to the Wii Us download service. It has a big list of games like Sonic 4 part 2 and FF Crystal Chronicles Wii U. Don't know how to link from my phone. If BlackNM were here he would know what to do!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: March 19, 2012, 06:42:57 PM »
If only there was a way to clone BnM.
is your sanity...

Offline doomd

• View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: March 19, 2012, 06:48:14 PM »
... having 1080p and 60fps as a standard would severely limit what you could achieve over the current generation of consoles. Better to keep 720P as the standard in this day and age.
Where did I say it was the standard?  So having a machine capable of doing 1080p 60 FPS on this gens complex games = severely limiting what you could achieve over the current generation?  That's like saying that buying a Sports car will stop me from going as faster then I would just buying another station wagon.

and will require not TV ever to play.
Ok well i must admit i didn't catch the current gen comment you stuck in there so my understanding of your post was off. But even still to have a console take the most taxing current gen game and running it at 1080P 60fps without the developers having enough understanding of the new system would be an absolute beast of a machine and something i would not expect from Nintendo.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 06:54:12 PM by doomd »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: March 19, 2012, 08:45:17 PM »
There is a cool rumor about Counter Strike and World of War Craft coming to the Wii Us download service. It has a big list of games like Sonic 4 part 2 and FF Crystal Chronicles Wii U. Don't know how to link from my phone. If BlackNM were here he would know what to do!
That is a false rumor.  World of Warcraft will never be on a console.  The rest of it could work out.  Do people still play Counter Strike?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: March 19, 2012, 08:48:32 PM »
There's a new Counter Strike coming out Ceric.
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: March 19, 2012, 10:10:28 PM »
Pac-Man Battle Royale is pretty ****ing awesome.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Major eShop leak?
« Reply #5961 on: March 19, 2012, 10:24:41 PM »

I'm also posting from my phone, but here you go
 http://www.dualpixels.com/profiles/blogs/rumor-major-wii-u-eshop-games-leak-includes-world-of-warcraft-cou

Major eShop leak?
Is it possible that atleast some of this rumor could be true...?
Nintendo Wii U eShop Titles In Development

Level 5
  Professor Layton Chronicles (Level 5)

Activision
Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD-Complete (Activision) (Launch)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (Acitivsion) (Launch)
World of Warcraft (Activsion) (Launch)

Capcom
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Bio Ops (Capcom)
Okamiden HD (Capcom) (Launch)

Electronic Arts (EA)
Boom Blox Wii U (EA)
NFL Blitz Touchdown (EA)
Burnout: Rush Hour (EA) (Launch)
Shank 2 (EA) (Launch)
Crysis (EA) (Launch)

Gaijan Games
Bit Trip Runner 2 (Gaijan Games) (Launch)

Namco Bandai
Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco Bandai)
Meteos (Namco Bandai)
Pac-Man Battle Royal (Namco Bandai) (Launch)

Nexon
Dragon Nest (Nexon)

Nintendo
Big Brain University (Nintendo) (Launch)
Super Mario Strikers Unlimited (Nintendo) (Launch)
Fluidity: Toxic (Nintendo) (Launch)

Sabarasa
Protocol (Sabarasa) (Launch)

SEGA
Rodea the Sky Soldier (SEGA)
Renegade Ops 2 (SEGA)
Phantasy Star Online 2 (SEGA) (Launch)
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (SEGA) (Launch)

Spicy Horse
Big Head Bash (Spicy Horse) (Launch)

Square Enix
Demon's Score (Square Enix/Epic)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Square Enix)

Telltale Games
The Walking Dead (Telltale Games) (Launch)

Ubisoft
UbiArt Presents: Sketchtarium
Red Steel 2: Locked a Reloaded (Ubisoft)
I Am Alive (Ubisoft) (Launch)

Valve
DotA 2 (Valve)
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Valve) (Launch)

there are a few omission that should have made this list (assuming it was legit) such as Toki Tori 2 which was confirmed to be coming already.

There is also a few games that make this list suspect, such as World of Warcraft.

But we would all love to be wrong about this one not being right.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 11:10:17 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5962 on: March 19, 2012, 10:37:55 PM »
If that rumor is true, the Wii U launch just got even more epic and even the most jaded journalist will have a hard time saying Nintendo isn't going for the "hardcore" gamers this time.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: March 19, 2012, 10:57:23 PM »
I call fake just for the fact they have a Mario Strikers sequel as an eShop game.  Mario Strikers for the Wii was a million selling $50 retail game.  Does anyone honestly believe Nintendo would release a Mario spinoff that can easily sell millions, as just a cheap download game instead of a full price retail game were they'd make more money off it?
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: March 19, 2012, 10:59:28 PM »
It would be nice if Treasure made an eShop game for laucnh. They always struck as a developer that would majke more money by going strickly digital since most of the time their retail launches seem to falter due to being so niche of a game maker.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5965 on: March 19, 2012, 11:01:07 PM »
I call fake just for the fact they have a Mario Strikers sequel as an eShop game.  Mario Strikers for the Wii was a million selling $50 retail game.  Does anyone honestly believe Nintendo would release a Mario spinoff that can easily sell millions, as just a cheap download game instead of a full price retail game were they'd make more money off it?

Maybe they are planning to do what Sony is doing with the PS Vita, and make every retail game also available on the eShop?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5966 on: March 19, 2012, 11:04:13 PM »

Possibly, but there's always the chance that they REALLY want to promote the eShop and a big release like that might be the thing to do it. By E3 2013 they get to say they have million seller physical and eShop releases.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: March 19, 2012, 11:06:06 PM »

Maybe they are planning to do what Sony is doing with the PS Vita, and make every retail game also available on the eShop?

What's to say that Batman Arkham City and Nnija Gaiden 3 (and Max Payne 3) do not release on the eShop rather than retail? Most of the people would have bought those games on other systems and the hardcore gamers who would double dip already know about online retail. There is also the added bonus to third partys who do not have to risk retailing old games again and can just release them digitally and have pure profit.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: March 19, 2012, 11:12:50 PM »
World... Of... Warcraft.  No way Blizzard is putting that on Console.  Diablo 3 be much much more believeable.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: March 19, 2012, 11:22:57 PM »
Dear god, Nintendo is the platform holder I'd LEAST expect to fully embrace downloadable retail-size games in practice.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5970 on: March 19, 2012, 11:28:16 PM »
World... Of... Warcraft.  No way Blizzard is putting that on Console.  Diablo 3 be much much more believeable.

WOW subscriptions have been dropping quite a bit, why wouldn't they want it on Wii U too? Another $15 a month per subscriber (in addition to the cost of the initial game)? The Wii U controller makes it more app than any current console.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: March 19, 2012, 11:50:04 PM »
Do people still play Counter Strike?

Yup. It's the 5th and 6th most played game on Steam today.
Current   Peak Today

13,615   74,832       Counter-Strike
12,531   62,836       Counter-Strike: Source

Never underestimate gamers to continue playing a game.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: March 20, 2012, 12:51:31 AM »
Has anyone noticed my new avatar?

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: March 20, 2012, 01:06:06 AM »
Has anyone noticed my new avatar?

Nice lol, that reminds me of an old Mario Rap song I found back when I was in HS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SmlAWKXpqI

Anyways, back on topic, I think the WiiU can really open things up for PC games that would've never found the light of day on console to finally start making the transition.  The use of the Upad is the game changer here.  It can take the place of hotkeys on a keyboard and they can even provide a touchkeyboard too if necessary.  WoW and RTS games I think can really make the jump.  Western rpgs I believe would also fit right in with the WiiU's control setup. 

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5974 on: March 20, 2012, 01:55:43 AM »
I think the touch screen can add a lot...but unless Nintendo is doing a multi-touch screen...which I actually think Nintendo MUST DO.  Then...a touchscreen keyboard is not really that feasible. 

However, I do really like the idea of hot keys for games, and some sort of touch screen used for communication purposes...though if the Wii Umote has a microphone on it...then a hot key for communications could be all you need.  Something like a choice to talk to your team press this button...Talk to everyone press this button...Talk only to other team press this button.  Or a really cool idea would be a yell button.  Which takes what you say, and decides who can hear it by how close they are to your player...and have it fade away as your further away.  This could be a great addition to first person shooters, and can really add to the immersion of the game.