Author Topic: Good interview with Miyamoto  (Read 1633 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Good interview with Miyamoto
« on: December 12, 2016, 11:52:47 AM »
http://www.glixel.com/interviews/shigeru-miyamoto-on-mario-minecraft-and-apple-w455043

He talks about building furniture and admires Minecraft and Apple.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Re: Good interview with Miyamoto
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 02:19:44 PM »

It's always interesting to hear about his hobbies because you know it's going to end up in the next big game. But.. furniture and Minecraft? Hmm.

I've always called my games products rather than works of art.

TRIGGERED
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Good interview with Miyamoto
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 02:08:32 PM »
A physics based game where you have to build furniture for different shapes of aliens that would survive a Galactic Summit meeting without incident would be fun.  Later stages would involve more heated debates, with the aliens shifting and pounding on the table, requiring more stable chairs for their oddly shaped bodies with moving centers of gravity.  If the chair falls, it will be the last straw and war will erupt.

This interview clarified what makes me uncomfortable about Super Mario Run.  It isn't that the game is tailored to touch screens, that it is simplified, or that it is friendly for newcomers.  The quirky geniuses that make my favorite games looked with fresh eyes at how to make a platformer on a phone... and came to the same conclusion that nearly everyone else did.