Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 618963 times)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Re: New Wii Zelda
« Reply #650 on: February 10, 2010, 10:28:19 PM »
Get your MMO discussion away from my Zelda. I don't want them touching
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 11, 2010, 04:24:26 AM »
Get your MMO discussion away from my Zelda. I don't want them touching

MMO cooties are the worst kind.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 11, 2010, 03:29:41 PM »
So MMO's are like the herpes of the gaming world?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 11, 2010, 06:30:32 PM »
Zelda is built to be a single player experience, there is no way it would ever translate into an MMO. Part of the appeal is that you are a hero, alone against whatever evil threatens the land. MMO's always feel like you're just one of hundreds of hired guns, out to grind your way to the top.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 11, 2010, 06:33:25 PM »
Pokemon?

ok, ok, I'll stop bringing it up now

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 11, 2010, 07:50:01 PM »
They could always combine the franchises.

The Legend of Zelda: Spiritual Pokeballs

Link traverses Hyrule and its many dungeons to battle against the dungeon leader.. The Evergreen Temple Leader uses Bulbasaur, who does link choose?!

"CUCCO, I CHOOSE YOU!"
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 11, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »
I think The Legend of Zelda: The PokeWhisperer would also be a fitting title.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #657 on: February 11, 2010, 08:45:07 PM »
Zelda is built to be a single player experience, there is no way it would ever translate into an MMO. Part of the appeal is that you are a hero, alone against whatever evil threatens the land. MMO's always feel like you're just one of hundreds of hired guns, out to grind your way to the top.

It could just be a game set in the Zelda universe. For example, you could be one of the pirates in The Wind Waker or one of those "mercenaries" in Twilight Princess. I am not saying I support the idea (the only MMO I could see myself playing is a Pokemon MMO), but I think it could work.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 11, 2010, 09:03:02 PM »
It could just be a game set in the Zelda universe. For example, you could be one of the pirates in The Wind Waker or one of those "mercenaries" in Twilight Princess. I am not saying I support the idea (the only MMO I could see myself playing is a Pokemon MMO), but I think it could work.

Yes, it could work; you can choose to be a pirate, a mercanary, a goron, a zora, a wizard, a moblin, etc etc etc..

But the Legends are about Link rescuing Hyrule, not a band of misfits going on quests and level grinding.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 02:30:51 PM by vudu »

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 12, 2010, 01:05:25 AM »
I would like for Nintendo to have a fist fight between Link and Ganon similar to the one between Colonol Volgin and Snake in MGS3. You know the one where he is disguised as Raiden and meets Sokolov. Volgin then beats him down.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline MoronSonOfBoron

• Little Black Rain Cloud
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
    • moronsonofboron @ deviantART
« Reply #660 on: February 12, 2010, 01:22:24 AM »
I once had an idea for an RPG campaign in the Zelda universe (or my interpretation of it).
Eat lightning and crap thunder.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 12, 2010, 01:24:16 AM »
I once had an idea for an RPG campaign in the Zelda universe (or my interpretation of it).

Ooh. That was cool. Totally non-canon, but totally cool!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 13, 2010, 01:41:57 AM »
I would like for Nintendo to have a fist fight between Link and Ganon similar to the one between Colonol Volgin and Snake in MGS3. You know the one where he is disguised as Raiden and meets Sokolov. Volgin then beats him down.

A playable fight or something for a cut scene (or even a QTE)? I'm not sure a playable fight would work with zelda controls.. then again we don't really know what they plan on doing with motion+, so anythings possible right?

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 13, 2010, 01:11:27 PM »

One of my friends adapted pretty much all the Nintendo universes into a pseudo-White Wolf system. It's pretty neat.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 14, 2010, 01:57:11 PM »
Ugh... QTE fights... Might as well call the next game The Legend of Failda... hahahahahahahaha jkjkjkjkjkjkjk lulz

Offline MoronSonOfBoron

• Little Black Rain Cloud
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
    • moronsonofboron @ deviantART
« Reply #665 on: February 14, 2010, 03:58:46 PM »
Wind Waker = QTE done right
Eat lightning and crap thunder.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 14, 2010, 08:05:00 PM »
Wind Waker = QTE done right

You know, I never thought of those as QTEs, which I would say is an attribute of how well they were made. You are referring to the 'strike' moments when fighting that allow you to press the action button and pull off an amazing roll/dodge attack, right?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 22, 2010, 05:39:25 PM »
Miyamoto speaks of Vitality Sensor ideas.

Nothing confirmed, but just another quote from www.n-europe.com

'"Miyamoto said that, "it is also fun to think of ways in which we might apply that new technology to exisiting [sic] forms of gameplay". He then moved directly onto the upcoming Legend of Zelda Wii title and how it could be used. One such example was "...to incorporate the Vitality Sensor into Zelda so that as you become more scared, the enemies become even tougher."'

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=13941

I think it sounds awesome, and may not happen this Zelda, but surely the next. But where would one attach it to play a normal 2 handed game?

Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #668 on: March 22, 2010, 05:46:09 PM »
I think it has been said before that the vitality sensor can be attached to your ear or maybe it could be put on your pinky on your hand. Middle finger could work and your index finger could work as well. My pointer finger and thumb are what I use mostly to play games.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 22, 2010, 07:24:48 PM »
It's not so much a matter of where you'd attach it as it is whether it has a pass-through port that would let you attach both it and a nunchuk.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 22, 2010, 09:56:08 PM »
I think it has been said before that the vitality sensor can be attached to your....
[insert dick jokes here]

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 22, 2010, 10:19:30 PM »
I think it has been said before that the vitality sensor can be attached to your....
[insert little dick jokes here]

Fixed ;)

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 22, 2010, 11:22:15 PM »
I will never buy a vitality sensor used because of this. Never!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 23, 2010, 12:17:50 AM »
I remember reading an article a few years ago where a father caught his daughter using a Dualshock 2 inappropriately. I'll just assume most of you can guess what she was doing. And, no, I don't think the prongs on a DS2 are long enough for that, but then again, small setbacks never stopped anyone from doing something stupid (or awesome, depending on your point of view). The point of this: no used controller is safe, not from touching another dude's dong by proxy or from a teenage girl's vaginal secretions. No amount of Lysol will ever make those controllers clean ever again. On a related note, this might be the most disgusting post I've ever written. I'll see myself out.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 23, 2010, 12:24:30 AM »
I remember reading an article a few years ago where a father caught his daughter using a Dualshock 2 inappropriately. I'll just assume most of you can guess what she was doing. And, no, I don't think the prongs on a DS2 are long enough for that, but then again, small setbacks never stopped anyone from doing something stupid (or awesome, depending on your point of view). The point of this: no used controller is safe, not from touching another dude's dong by proxy or from a teenage girl's vaginal secretions. No amount of Lysol will ever make those controllers clean ever again. On a related note, this might be the most disgusting post I've ever written. I'll see myself out.

Henceforth I wil buy all of my controllers new so that if any one does anythin weird with them it will be me.  :cool;