Author Topic: THQ Unmasks Scooby to Retailers  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
THQ Unmasks Scooby to Retailers
« on: September 12, 2005, 03:02:30 PM »
Robby-rooby roo!

THQ SHIPS THE LATEST ADVENTURE OF EVERYONE'S FAVORITE CANINE,  SCOOBY-DOO!(tm) UNMASKED    

Scooby-Doo Returns To All Major Video Game Systems With A Brand New Look And  Bag Of Tricks To Help Him Do What He Does Best - Solve Mysteries and Consume  Scooby-Snacks!

CALABASAS HILLS, Calif., - September 12, 2005 -THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today  announced the return of everybody's favorite canine crime-solver,  Scooby-Doo, in an all-new video game, Scooby-Doo!(tm) Unmasked.  Scooby-Doo!  Unmasked, licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, is now  available in retail outlets throughout North America for the PlayStation*2  computer entertainment system, the Xbox® videogame console from Microsoft,  the Nintendo GameCube* and Game Boy® Advance. In addition, Scooby-Doo  Unmasked! is expected to arrive on the Nintendo DS(tm) later this fall.    

Scooby-Doo! Unmasked takes advantage of the latest in animation technology,  employing a cel-shading technique that is reminiscent of the original  Scooby-Doo cartoon series. This advanced technique allows Scooby and company  to emote and show facial expression just like you remember them.  Fans will also be treated to the voice of Adam West from the original  Batman television series, along with other cartoon voice-actors from the  original Scooby-Doo! TV series.    

"Scooby-Doo! Unmasked brings a fresh look, gameplay style and feel to an  already beloved franchise," said Germaine Gioia, vice president of  licensing, THQ.  "This is Scooby like you've never seen or played before.  The charm of the game is sure to capture the hearts of Scooby fans young and  old."    

"Scooby-Doo! Unmasked offers fans of the cartoon compelling gameplay by  bringing to life the established characters, voices and storylines of the  series, " said Jason Hall, senior vice president, Warner Bros. Interactive  Entertainment.  "New costumes and abilities, as well as authentic voice  talent, result in a much deeper and exciting experience for the players."

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!