Author Topic: The NBA thread  (Read 40788 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NBA Playoffs 2009
« Reply #175 on: June 12, 2009, 12:28:10 AM »
To be fair there has been lots of missed calls on both sides.
So Lakers are up 3 games to 1.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 12, 2009, 12:48:30 PM »
To be fair there has been lots of missed calls on both sides.
So Lakers are up 3 games to 1.

Its over.

Damn shame too.  Howard was one free throw away from giving us a real series.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #177 on: June 14, 2009, 10:05:07 PM »
Lakers are up by 15 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Do the Magic have what it takes to take over the 4th quarter or is the mountain to high of a hike?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2009, 10:46:19 PM »
Lakers are the NBA Champions!!

What do you guys think the Magic needs to do to get back to the Finals?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 15, 2009, 01:21:33 AM »
I suggest working on layups and free throws the most, if they could hit those they'd be leading the series.

I don't particularly like Kobe or the Lakers, but regardless of that this series sucked.  I like tension and competition.  The Celtics-Bulls series was the highlight of the year.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2009, 01:36:38 AM »
Yeah, another disappointing Finals.  Just the NCAA tourney, the final combo is usually stale.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NBA Playoffs 2010
« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2010, 02:46:23 AM »
So the playoffs are underway. Most of the matchups for the first round have been decided.

Cavs and the Celtics are going to be meeting in the second round. Magic is in the second round facing the Bucks or Hawks.Bucks are up 3 games to 2.

In the west Lakers have a 3-2 lead over Oklahoma City. Lakers will get through the first round. Spurs beat the Mavs. Suns won their matchup.
Jazz has a 3-2 lead over the Nuggets.

So who is everybody rooting for?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 02:50:54 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2010, 02:59:16 AM »
I swear Maxi, if you fill this thread up again with score updates every 3 seconds I will murder you.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2010, 03:09:14 AM »
Don't have cable this year. Have to find a video feed online somewhere. So updates will likely be minimal.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2010, 01:57:27 PM »
What's the score?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 30, 2010, 01:57:50 PM »
How about now?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 30, 2010, 01:58:35 PM »
Who's winning?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 30, 2010, 02:00:33 PM »
Did anyone see that last play?  I didn't.  But I wish I had.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2010, 02:37:53 PM »
So the playoffs are underway. Most of the matchups for the first round have been decided.

Cavs and the Celtics are going to be meeting in the second round. Magic is in the second round facing the Bucks or Hawks.Bucks are up 3 games to 2.

In the west Lakers have a 3-2 lead over Oklahoma City. Lakers will get through the first round. Spurs beat the Mavs. Suns won their matchup.
Jazz has a 3-2 lead over the Nuggets.

So who is everybody rooting for?

Go ahead.  Guess.  ;)

As for the other 1st Round series, I'm hoping for OKC to take out the Lakers because I just loathe that team, and Milwaukee looks like they want to move on more than Atlanta so they're my pick.  In the second round (as far as series we know about right now), I'm a big fan of old school basketball, so I look forward to the Spurs taking out the Suns and the Celtic hopefully taking out the Cavaliers (I just can't stand Lebron James, as skilled as he is).
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2010, 02:56:31 PM »
Vudu your comments aren't funny.

Broodwars the Thunder has a up tempo style of play. Defence creating offence. Lakers in game 5 had a similar style of play. The crowd of the Thunder can be a problem. I think the key for the Lakers is to restrict points from anybody but Durant and Westbrook. Those 2 will likely get their points. Also the bench needs to produce.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 30, 2010, 03:24:23 PM »
Vudu your comments aren't funny.

Maybe not, but your response is hilarious!  ;D

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2010, 12:26:28 AM »
Lakers are heading to the second round to face Jazz or Nuggets.Jazz has a 83-80 lead heading into the 4th quarter.

That was a close finish. 95-94 Lakers.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2010, 01:09:33 AM »
And the Jazz somehow managed to close out this game to advance to the next round, where they will be slaughtered by the Lakers as Boozer (as he always does against the Lakers) mysteriously vanishes from both ends of the court.

Of course, the Thuggets couldn't let this game (which was already full of technical fouls by them) end without upholding their nickname, so in the closing seconds Thuggets Center Anderson cheap-shotted D-Will and injured his arm with a hard screen.  You know what?  **** you, Denver.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2010, 01:11:15 PM »
Hmm I think it is going to be the Suns and the Lakers in the Conference finals this year.
I don't think the Lakers are going to have much trouble with the Jazz.
I think the Lakers is going to look back and say that that the Thunder was the team that gave the Lakers the most problems.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 01, 2010, 01:33:50 PM »
And the Jazz somehow managed to close out this game to advance to the next round, where they will be slaughtered by the Lakers as Boozer (as he always does against the Lakers) mysteriously vanishes from both ends of the court.

Of course, the Thuggets couldn't let this game (which was already full of technical fouls by them) end without upholding their nickname, so in the closing seconds Thuggets Center Anderson cheap-shotted D-Will and injured his arm with a hard screen.  You know what?  **** you, Denver.

I'm as Bulls fan, but damn, livin out in Denver, I've come to kind of appreciate the Thuggets.  Anderson is da man, a relic of an older generation come back to life, and the team made a hell of a run last year.  The loss of their coach this year was just too much though.  It was clear the team was disorganized the past couple months, I didn't expect them to beat Utah.  Hopefully they can pull it together next year.

Anyone here think Lebron won't win again this year, even though he's clearly the best athlete ever at any sport ever in human history?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #195 on: May 01, 2010, 03:11:31 PM »
I think the Celtics vs Cavs series will be determined by the Centers of each teams. Cavs got Shaq I think to help with the Magic. Howard last year was a problem for the Cavs.
I think the Cavs will beat the Celtics in 6 games. The Magic will take the Cavs to 7 games and it will be to close to judge in the 7th game.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2010, 03:19:25 PM »
I'm rootin' for the Celts and Magic.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 08, 2010, 11:10:59 PM »
Ugh, tonight's game is going to be painful.  Everything was in place for a magical end to a great game: a no-call on the Lakers when Boozer got hacked going to the rim in the final seconds, the Jazz getting a steal on the Lakers, and then a potential game-winner followed by another potential game winner with a put-back.  It just didn't go in.  Hopefully we win Game 4 (if only to show some actual pride and not get swept), which I think is perfectly possible considering we almost got this one and the Lakers lucked into some damn lucky shots in the final minutes.  Then in the off-season maybe for once the Jazz organization will finally address our major problem of not having a prominent shot-blocker.  I find that unlikely, however.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #198 on: May 08, 2010, 11:48:10 PM »
Well Lakers won. The bench of the Lakers hardly scored. They are going to need the bench to produce more points in the coming rounds. It will take some pressure of the starters some.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #199 on: May 11, 2010, 01:25:27 AM »
Lakers beat the Jazz in 4 games. Suns beat the Spurs in 4 games.
Magic beat the Hawks in 4 games.
Only unknown is Cavs and Celtics.That series is tied 2 games a piece.

Magic awaits the winner of that series while Lakers and Suns go at it in the Western Conference Finals.

Alright Cavs or Celtics?
Who will face the Magic?

I am leaning towards the Celtics.
Alexis, she/her/Miss