Author Topic: Forumer snapshot: Laser60  (Read 3133 times)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Forumer snapshot: Laser60
« on: August 14, 2014, 03:58:45 PM »
A memorial for posters who no longer post.

Here's a forum poster that signed up over 11 years ago and only make 13 posts, a forum-life less than 2.5 months between February 01-April 12, 2003. His last login was 3 months later on July 18, 2003.

From what we can tell he liked positivity (likely a result of his Wisconsin roots), was an enthusiastic Zelda fan and a jock, but owned both a PS2 and Gamecube--a truly unique soul.

We don't know whether he got bored with posting, forgot his password, got in trouble for being on the internet, or became indifferent to gaming in general, but we will never forget his memory. His last words were a fitting self-epitaph, suggesting a planned retirement from the community:

~the end~

Here is the entire NWR forum career of Laser60:

I for one would like to see more positive topics, not like on the old forum.  Lets give it a shot, eh?

Hey, Blood.  What have you thought of the game so far?  Is it as fun as TOOT?  What about length?  Any other stuff that makes the game different than other games.

Dude, the Ocarina of Time commercial was slick!  I loved the ending, when it said something like "willist thou save the princess, or willith thou suck?"

I am very skeptic, but who knows what could happen.  Over that the Gamefaqs boards there are several topics stating zelda is shipping on the 17th from EBgames.  Heres the link to the biggest topic http://s2.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=3447&topic=6903955

cheers!

OH SWEET!  I love gold!!!

Does anyone know of any places where I can download some of the music from the WW.

Hey, thanks a lot.

Hey, sorry, but those didnt work.  Anyone else have a site?

Well, I own Madden 2003, NCAA 2003, Rocky, and a few other sports games, but thats mostly cuz I am a jock.  But, all these games are for my PS2, so I can compete with my friends on their PS2s.  My gamecube is for Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Star Fox, etc...

It says its the #1 selling item on Amazon.  This sounds like good news! 

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000084318/qid=1048438772/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/002-9926508-5971229?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846

Its not just nintendo fans who love this game, its nearly everyone.  Look at gamerankings and look at all the ecellent reviews.  It's beautiful.

No no no, i know what it is.   I saw the explanation at ign a while ago.  What it is, is a result of a new technique where you get multiple colors of a small color palet, many more colors than you normally could use.   The lines are just a side effect that shouldnt really be there.

He died of old age.  Either that or some weird STD

~the end~
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Forumer snapshot: Laser60
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 04:24:04 PM »
He died of old age.  Either that or some weird STD
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 04:59:32 PM »
I want that on my tombstone.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 05:18:23 PM »
I want that on my tombstone.

RIP old friend.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 09:31:31 AM »
Looks like he only needed a few months to see that NWR forums were occupied soely by negative nancys.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 10:12:25 AM »
If it took him months to figure that out he clearly wasn't perceptive enough to get the most out of our experience.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 11:12:53 AM »
He was holding us wrong.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 05:50:54 PM »
I like this. Can't wait for this series on long-forgotten posters to continue. Wonder who will be next?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 05:56:22 PM »
This is a hit it and quit it type thread, I don't think making many of them would be a good idea.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 06:29:45 PM »
I was thinking one thread where we can post about departed forum members. I think we used to have one but that was more serious.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 06:34:49 PM »
I agree with Stratos, we should have a thread where we can take unnecessary shots at people who aren't around to defend themselves anymore.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 06:54:21 PM »
If only such a thread existed. It doesn't count as cyber bullying if they aren't around. Conscience = clean.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 06:45:06 PM »
Man, looking at those old posts, I think only ThePerm and Ian Sane are still around from them... and reading them makes me miss Hostile Creation and his leopard sheets.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk