Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553884 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #5275 on: June 05, 2016, 04:04:00 PM »
I guess on paper Origins still happened and Wolverine remembers it, but I think the best idea is to just pretend that this movie never happened, or the changes from DoFP meant that Wade Wilson must have had a son...named Wade Wilson and he became Deadpool instead.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5276 on: June 05, 2016, 04:34:43 PM »
As long as he doesn't talk about it, the rest of us don't have to.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: June 05, 2016, 06:23:45 PM »
I just pretend that was a new mutant named Deaddrool with no relation to our favorite 4th wall breaker.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: June 06, 2016, 10:18:56 PM »
Time travel happens in the x-men movies. With time travel you can explain away everything.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: June 17, 2016, 03:31:57 AM »
I just got back from watching Finding Dory.

Quick review: It's no Finding Nemo

Long Review: not gonna happen, but it was fairly entertaining with a few laughs.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5280 on: June 19, 2016, 03:46:38 PM »
I saw Finding Dory last night.

I'm a lot warmer on it than BnM, apparently.  I thought it held up well.  I hadn't rewatched Finding Nemo, so my opinion may be skewed.  The movie had some good laughs.  Not too many feels.  One thing that was upsetting during the film was how many kids were just running around the theatre.  One ran up right between me and friend and just screamed, as loud as it could, and for no apparent reason.  It was a 10:30pm showing.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: June 19, 2016, 04:57:45 PM »
To be fair, I tried to review it after the movie, and I was very tired. It wasn't bad, but my biggest criticism is that it ventured into the realm of "cartoon" after a certain point, and never really looked back.

And the post credits scene didn't really make sense considering the amount of time that went by.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 04:59:48 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: June 20, 2016, 01:14:14 AM »
Just watched Finding Dory. It's pretty good, not fantastic, but watchable. To be honest I didn't think Finding Nemo was spectacular either, but it is better than the sequel.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5283 on: June 20, 2016, 01:56:30 PM »
To be fair, I tried to review it after the movie, and I was very tired. It wasn't bad, but my biggest criticism is that it ventured into the realm of "cartoon" after a certain point, and never really looked back.

And the post credits scene didn't really make sense considering the amount of time that went by.

There was a post-credits scene? Damn!

I did like the Octopus thing during the credits.  That was fun.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: June 20, 2016, 08:23:42 PM »
Finding Dory *SPOILER*

post credit Scene:
the 2 sea lions were on the rock sleeping, and the 3rd one that wanted to get on the rocksnuck up quietly and barely touches it, when they 2 sleeping ones snapped up and started barking at him. They immediately snapped back to sleep the minute the 3rd one disappeared back in the water.
then off to the side of them comes 5 or so algae filled plastic bags w/ some familiar sealife in it from a certain dentist shop. They say something to each other, clear away enough algae to reveal themselves, and they are snapped up by the research team in a boat and taken into the facility.

now considering this movie takes place roughly 1 year after Finding Nemo... that's a long time to be in a plastic bag hamster wheeling it across the ocean. and I know that's a rather nit-picky criticism considering how cartoony the movie was toward the end.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5285 on: June 20, 2016, 09:00:55 PM »
I had to go look up that seen from the first movie to remember what went on.

But that's pretty cute.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: June 20, 2016, 11:03:01 PM »
Yeah those fish would have been dead. Unless maybe the post credits scene actually happens before Finding Dory.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: June 21, 2016, 01:19:13 AM »
If that was the case, then easter egg background appearances would have been nice when they were going through the institute.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: July 15, 2016, 01:14:20 AM »
Just got back from Ghostbusters

and even though my daughter was excited and enjoyed the movie, I thought it was kinda lame.
It was kinda like MiB meet PotC with a Ghostbusters overlay, and some awkwardly flat almost improvised comedy that routinely missed the mark....
and I was really trying to enjoy it because I wanted my daughter to have fun with the movie.

Now there were a few laugh out loud moments, mostly from Hemsworth, but this wasn't all it could have been. there were a few unexpected cameos, although I think one was missing (key master), and lots of call backs to the first movie, especially in the first cameo, and the end climax

Although I didn't really enjoy the movie, I didn't exactly not like it either. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a sequel, but unless the trailers sell me on it, it will be a Netflix'd movie for sure.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: July 19, 2016, 03:44:47 AM »
I agree with BNM about Ghostbusters. It felt like a lot of forced humour in places that just didn't land for me.

Also, Tarzan didn't really need to be made either although that felt a bit tighter and more straight faced.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: July 19, 2016, 10:27:33 AM »
I finally watched Interstellar and it's my least favorite Christopher Nolan movie. The runtime was too long and it is a bleak, bleak movie.

Was Anne Hathaway supposed to impregnate herself over and over to ensure the human race's survival?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: July 19, 2016, 07:27:46 PM »
LOL, hell no(Interstellar). They have artificial wombs. If getting Anne pregnant over and over again was true they should have sent an all women crew. If she wants to give birth to one I don't see why as she risks death leaving no body to look after the first batch.

I love Interstellar as it harkens back to the day of 2001: A space Odyssey without being boring as all hell. I acknowledge what 2001 achieved, but it felt like watching a real time trip to Jupiter, so very very slooow(no doubt intentional). I am not sure what you could cut from Interstellar without destroying it. I have seen movies where you can throw away an entire plot line without issue(Char's counter Attack's Quess story line, everything in the SW PT). Interstellar moves at a pretty brisk pace covering alot of territory.

I can see why it is your least favourite Nolan movie. For me it is Batman Begins. While it thankfully rebooted Batman, I am just sick to death of origin stories.It is also his least confident movie because of that. With a couple of small changes he could have gone straight to Dark Knight.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: July 22, 2016, 10:59:46 PM »
I watched the Batman v. Superman Ultimate Edition for the first time today and...I liked it (and no, I didn't see the theatrical version). I didn't love it, and it has a TON of problems (not the least of which is trying to clumsily cram about half a dozen different stories into one movie), but I enjoyed my time with the film. I'll at least give it this: grim and grey as it is, I appreciated actually seeing a director's vision on-screen, compared to the factory-assembled Marvel movies. I actually really appreciated that the film had moments of quiet where the film could just breathe. Not the worst foundation for future films, though I'm glad the far more competent people in charge of the TV division are spearheading things going forward.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: July 24, 2016, 09:43:22 PM »
Ghostbusters - 6.5[/10]

It was pretty enjoyable, but it's definitely more of a comedy than the original run, and lacks a real sense of danger for the most part. If this was the only Ghostbusters movie ever made, it would be almost immediately forgotten though. One thing that was kind of nice was that Leslie Jones didn't play the same person they cast her as in almost every SNL skit. The old ladies sitting next to me (and most of the audience, to be honest) was laughing throughout nearly the entire movie. I think the only part I actually laughed at was the commend "you killed a pilgrim. Good summer movie I guess...just nothing really memorable. It reminds me more of the live action Scooby Doo movies.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: July 25, 2016, 05:08:06 PM »
Star Trek Beyond was better than i was expecting. I do like the shiny white design of this alternate timeline Enterprise compared to the beige of the TNG era (but doesn't age quite as well as the worn-out look of DS9 and Stargate Universe).

I do think Krall could have been fleshed out more. Quite a touching tribute to Spock Prime i felt. The story was simpler and more straight forward and starting to nudge back to a more "star trekky" feel... although slowly.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 05:10:54 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5295 on: August 06, 2016, 05:12:32 PM »
Suicide Squad - 7.5/10

The hate for this movie is completely unjustified. I have read some really bad reviews for this movie, and it's blatantly obvious that it's just people trying to pile on the bandwagon and say that hated it even more that the last person, and it's just bullshit. It's a comic book movie about a team of villains who have to save the world from one of their own. It's the best DC movie since the Dark Knight Trilogy. I went into it expecting to hate it, and especially expecting to hate Joker, but I came out of it really liking it, and really liking Joker. Some of the villains are pretty boring (Boomerang), and some are under-utilized (Killer Croc), but some were used really well and actually developed - Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Enchantress, Diablo, even Joker to an extent. For being a movie that tells the origins of a handful of villains, makes them form a team, and has the team win the day, all within two hours, it gets the job done pretty nicely. It's certainly no worse than Avengers Age of Ultron, and there's a reason for the huge difference between the IMDB rating and the Rotten Tomato rating.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 05:14:04 PM by Brandogg »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5296 on: August 06, 2016, 05:27:36 PM »
I saw Ghostbusters (2016) last night, and I don't know what you guys are talking about.  I thought it was hilarious.  I laughed pretty much throughout.  I thought the dialogue was great.  They pulled back on the comedy as the action picked up.  The cameos were awesome.  The movie had a few flaws though.  A few kinda bother me.  Either way it was a fun ride. 8/10

I also saw Star Trek: Beyond.  This movie was also good, but there's way too much shaky cam for me to give it anything over a 7/10.  Like, I appreciate the films being kinetic, but the camera was distracting and nauseating.  Also, I think they over did it on the design of the space colony.  The movie makes up for that with another late reveal of the main villain seriously, I had no idea Idris Elba was in this movie and use of the Beastie Boys.  Action was mostly good (except for the camera).

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: August 07, 2016, 07:17:23 PM »
Seen Suicide Squad twice now, think I liked it even better the second time. If they do end up with a Justice League vs Suicide Squad movie, that could be pretty amazing. But, Superman.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: August 07, 2016, 09:47:57 PM »
Superman is DEAD!!! so I don't think he'll be much of an issue ;)

and I go to see SS tonight.
I know it's an editing mess, but I hear it's still fun (i'm blending all the reviews and taking the perspective down the middle), so I'm sure i'll still enjoy it. My only expectation is that it's enjoyable to watch (vs moving the meter from bored to confused and then highly disappointed).

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5299 on: August 07, 2016, 10:10:12 PM »
Ghostbusters 2016
+ Several laugh out loud moments
+ Good use of music
- Chris Hemsworth useless

8.5/10

Will wait another seven and a half years before I pay for a movie again, though. I think it taught me that the theater experience is bunk.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.