Author Topic: Wario Ware: Smooth Moves  (Read 14637 times)

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
« on: August 21, 2006, 10:36:53 PM »

ONM: How many new games can we expect in Wario Ware Smooth Moves for the Wii?
GA: We're thinking around the 200 figure, which is similiar to other games in the series.

ONM: You have to make yourself look silly to play this game. Do you think people will be embarassed to play it?
GA: Yes, you do look silly playing it. One of the main goals was to make people do silly moves and entertain the people around them.

ONM: How long has the game been in development?
GA: A little over 6 months, and Nintendo has announced it will be released within 90 days of the Wii hardware launching.

ONM: Will Smooth Moves use the Wii Remote's speaker function?
GA: Yes, it will. We have a game where you bounce a ball on a tennis racket. As well as the vibration we will also have the sound of the ball. We are also planning on a game where the Wii Remote makes a sound and the player has to react to it.

ONM: Have you got any other ideas for Wii games other than Smooth Moves?
GA: Presently I would like to implement all my ideas into Wario Ware. However, there are ideas that wouldn't really work in the game so I will have to include them in my next project. Unfortunately, that will have to remain a secret for now!

Extract from interview of Goro Abe, director of Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, in the August issue of Official Nintendo Magazine.

Personally, I think this game has the cleverest and most in-depth use of the motion technology so far. Those of you who have seen the trailers and videos will have seen the likes of running, hula hoop, squat thrusts, balancing a broom, fencing, shredding paper and so on. The mini-games are incredibly simple, but the motion tech has been implemented very effectively and Smooth Moves looks like a really fun (and funny) game to play.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 06:01:10 AM »
Hey I'm interseted in this "next project".  Smooth Moves is a must-have for me, though.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 07:00:11 AM »

ONM: You have to make yourself look silly to play this game. Do you think people will be embarassed to play it?

GA: Yes, you do look silly playing it. One of the main goals was to make people do silly moves and entertain the people around them.

I find the different mindsets here very amusing...

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 03:20:22 PM »
This game is coming out incredibly soon and I can't wait.
When I first heard I really didn't care at all but after watching a few of the game videos online and playing Wii I have gotten really psyched.

Has anyone else seen the new english videos?  The voice that explains how to hold the remote is pure gold.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 03:22:50 PM »
Link please?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
RE:Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 03:35:23 PM »

Offline Jstbcool2

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 01:24:11 PM »
As much as i have been looking forward to this game I havnt been able to find any sort of multiplayer function what so ever. I start up the game and the only option is single player mode. According to Nintendo's own webpage its up to 4 players (http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=7vgUzwrkjswZ6wiUXTtZQB8ji6_uPB3v) but the user manual doesnt mention any option for multiplayer (the manual btw is in 2 languages and only about 6 pages long for both languages) and even the back of the box has a 1 in the Wiimote symbol (which i didnt discover until after i booted up the game and saw only single player mode). The one played mode is a lot of fun and the voice teaching you how to hold the wiimote is priceless, but i really wanted this game for its multiplayer action. There is another option on the start up screen that is covered with a newpaper so you cant access it. Hopefully after i beat 1 player mode it will open up and reveal what the deal is.

EDIT: I just read on another website that you have to beat 1 player mod to unlock multi-player mode. This leads me to some hope, but im still disappointed that i will have to beat a game before i can play it with my friends.
Guitar Hero FC: 1547 3365 4218

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 10:45:04 AM »
Has anyone else picked this up? I'm suprised that there is virtually no talk about this since it has been released everywhere except Australia.

I have not played it very much yet, but it seems to be pretty cool so far.  
Thanks for listening.

Offline Sessha

• I, too, believe Pale to be the devil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 10:51:21 AM »
I got my copy today.  I really like it.  Most of the games are really fun.  And it is true you look like an idiot doing some of the movements but that's what makes it so fun.  I got my girlfriend to try it with me.  She liked everything she tried but the track sprint.
Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Weep and you weep alone.

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 11:05:38 AM »
I just arm wrestled Shigeru Miyamoto...and won. Awesome.

(This is because I have a Miyamoto Mii, not because he is a standard part of the game.)
Thanks for listening.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 11:34:05 AM »

Originally posted by: Sessha
I got my copy today.  I really like it.  Most of the games are really fun.  And it is true you look like an idiot doing some of the movements but that's what makes it so fun.  I got my girlfriend to try it with me.  She liked everything she tried but the track sprint.

That, my friends, is THE NINTENDO DIFFERENCE

lol phail slogans out of nowhere
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 12:02:14 PM »
I personally think this smokes rayman raving rabbids out of the water. If Wario Ware was a launch title I'm more than positive I wouldn't touch RRR with a 10 foot pole.  
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 02:42:35 PM »
Have it, and so far it's what I expected and more.. can't wait to unlock multiplayer.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline trip1eX

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 03:03:04 PM »
Yeah got my copy today too.  So far it rocks.  

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 04:31:06 PM »
I am having a lot of fun with this game. Definitely the best pick-up-and-play Wii title I have played so far. I have already beaten the "story" mode (as in found all the characters and reached their respective bosses), but the fun of WarioWare is all in the replay for me.  
Thanks for listening.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 06:23:45 AM »

Originally posted by: Lord_die_seis
I personally think this smokes rayman raving rabbids out of the water. If Wario Ware was a launch title I'm more than positive I wouldn't touch RRR with a 10 foot pole.

QFT.

Rayman was cute, but WW goes above and beyond the call of duty.

This is probably because RRR was designed to be ported to other consoles while WW was built with the Wii and only the Wii in mind.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 07:05:04 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

QFT.

This is probably because RRR was designed to be ported to other consoles while WW was built with the Wii and only the Wii in mind.

Which is ironic, because chances are the multiplatform version of Rayman are bad considering some of the mini games were designed with the Wii in mind.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 07:09:29 AM »
My only guess is that they all simply became button mashers on other consoles, which would result in a pretty damn weak game.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 07:15:44 AM »

Originally posted by: pap64

QFT.

Which is ironic, because chances are the multiplatform version of Rayman are bad considering some of the mini games were designed with the Wii in mind.

RRR is listed for ten platforms on GameFAQs, last time I checked.  GCN, Wii, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, GBA, DS, PSP, PC.  That is pretty much everything currently out there, unless you were hoping for a Mac version.  All three last-gen, all three current-gen, all three handhelds, and the PC.  I don't think I've ever seen a game supposedly being ported to so many platforms so far.  Though some of them (the handheld ones I'm pretty sure) are supposedly just platforming adventures, but they're still making use of the title.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 07:19:32 AM »
WarioWare: Smooth Moves = Effing awesome. Must have for all Wii owners.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 07:20:00 AM »

Originally posted by: JonLeung

Originally posted by: pap64

QFT.

RRR is listed for ten platforms on GameFAQs, last time I checked.  GCN, Wii, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, GBA, DS, PSP, PC.  That is pretty much everything currently out there, unless you were hoping for a Mac version.  All three last-gen, all three current-gen, all three handhelds, and the PC.  I don't think I've ever seen a game supposedly being ported to so many platforms so far.  Though some of them (the handheld ones I'm pretty sure) are supposedly just platforming adventures, but they're still making use of the title.

All console versions of the game are the party game collection seen on the Wii. The handheld ones are indeed platformers.

But considering the game was released on the Wii first and made great use of the controller, I wonder if people will remember it as a Wii game rather than a multiplatform game...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 07:46:37 AM »
I've decided against Wario Ware since it's billed as a party game and I still have more of those than I need in Rayman.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2007, 06:35:37 PM »

Originally posted by: Brandogg
WarioWare: Smooth Moves = Effing awesome. Must have for all Wii owners.

QFT. Exactly what I wanted to say, no need to explain further.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline MorningStar

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 09:17:03 PM »
What the hell is QFT and why is everyone suddenly saying it?!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 09:53:15 PM »
QFT = Quoted for Truth.

I bought this game, and upon watching through the first few minutes of unskippable video alone it put most of my family off it. It's "too stupid" and too "pointless" to play.