Author Topic: Episode 290: BOMZALDROPPEN  (Read 18589 times)

Offline LittleIrves

• Title = Ha.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Kill Screen
Re: Episode 290: BOMZALDROPPEN
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2012, 03:55:40 PM »
Pardon me for throwing yet another log on the Greg Praise fire, but it deserves to burn long and burn bright...
The first time I listened to RFN, right before PAX East '10, I liked it okay but couldn't quite understand 'that British guy.' Soon I grew to appreciate Greg's perspective and eventually his became the voice I waited to hear from the most. As many have said, I feel oddly connected to each of you, having listened weekly for years, and it's genuinely sad to hear of Greg's stepping down. But it's true: You've damn well earned a long break. Enjoy your free time and I'll look forward to hearing you again, in some capacity, in the future. (Go Lions!)
P.S. Good luck Guillaume!
Contributing writer at killscreendaily.com

Offline motang

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2012, 07:46:39 PM »
Sad to hear Greg won't be on the podcast, and thanks for doing all that stuff you have done. Please don't be a stranger to RFN.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2012, 08:36:20 AM »
Farewell Greg; you are awesome.  Good luck in the future.

I've wondered for years why EA hasn't done a remix NHL 94 with 20XX players... especially for the Wii.  The Wii is the first Nintendo console in 20+ years of console ownership for which I didn't buy a hockey game.
NES= Ice Hockey and Blades of Steel (and got a Rom in 1999 or so of the Technos Japan hockey game)
SNES= NHL 94 and 96 (later 95 and NHLPA on the cheap)
N64= Wayne Gretzky's 3d Hockey '98 and NHL 99
GCN= NHL 2003
PC= NHL Hockey (first year... 1992 maybe?) NHL 97 and NHL 2001
I would LOVE it if EA did a 2D/ Sprite based hockey game again.  I'd gladly pay for a fully featured (season/manager/owner mode) game.  I've long felt that the transition from 2d to 3d took a lot of fun out of hockey games.

My assumption is that the market for such a game would be so incredibly small that EA wouldn't think it would be worth their time. 

The only place I could see it working well would maybe be on cellphones.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2012, 09:05:32 AM »

I've wondered for years why EA hasn't done a remix NHL 94 with 20XX players... especially for the Wii.  The Wii is the first Nintendo console in 20+ years of console ownership for which I didn't buy a hockey game.
NES= Ice Hockey and Blades of Steel (and got a Rom in 1999 or so of the Technos Japan hockey game)
GCN= NHL 2003
I would LOVE it if EA did a 2D/ Sprite based hockey game again.  I'd gladly pay for a fully featured (season/manager/owner mode) game.  I've long felt that the transition from 2d to 3d took a lot of fun out of hockey games.

My assumption is that the market for such a game would be so incredibly small that EA wouldn't think it would be worth their time. 

Or a good download service with online play and tourney support.  I mean think about the league that Lindy is in.  I good base infrastructure and you could buy the base game then just year packs, because people just want roster updates not mechanic changes.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2012, 11:01:28 AM »
We're all going to miss you, Greg, and all wish you the best. Though, you must return occasionally in the future or for big events, like episode 300 or if the site decides to have another live show at the end of the year.

Thanks for bringing a nice blend of charm, insight, and gaming tastes to the show along with superb editing. May the Force be with you.
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2012, 09:51:28 PM »
I shall keep a torch burning for you, Greg. Godspeed, good luck in your future endeavors, and thanks for all the fish.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2012, 01:46:00 AM »
I will eat pizza in honor of Greg leaving the podcast.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:32:41 AM by Kytim89 »
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline marty

• Score: -96
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2012, 11:59:42 AM »

GCN= NHL 2003

I doubt that NHL Hits or any of the NHL 2K games on Wii really improved the bottom lines of any publisher.
The problem with cellphones is the same problem that the Wii has: compromised controls.  You need responsive controls for reflex based games, touch screens and motion controls don't offer that.

Offline TeaHee

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2012, 07:18:50 PM »
Greg I will miss hearing you on the podcast.  I enjoyed both the knowledge and wry sense of humor you brought to the show.  It was especially interesting hearing information from outside of the US.

I hope you find time to continue on the site or guest on future podcasts, especially after E3. I have been listening to you speculate and hypothesize about the Wii U for months; it would be a shame not to know your final impressions.

PS I thought you were the best at subtly putting James in his place.

PPS  I know this might seem insensitive, but is the website going to sell a Guillame (sp) patch to add to my t-shirt?  It could be added right next to FREE.  Also, my Cowboys torched your Bills.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2012, 07:21:35 PM »
If our Bills make the playoffs for the first time since 1999, I demand Greg appear on that weeks show. LOL
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2012, 10:59:31 AM »
Also, any Bill Belichick news must be reported on by Greg.

Offline ControlerFleX

• Best new poster
  • Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2012, 08:59:48 AM »
Bombs indeed...... I finished the episode later this week(Friday) so I was late to the news. Thanks Greg. Holla at cha later FULL STOP
....he asked me if the glass was half full or half empty. "Neither." I replied. "I see a glass that is two times bigger than it needs to be....

Forever debited to you my friend...