Author Topic: Super Mario Kart Mafia Wipeout Thread: Curse of the Blue Shell.  (Read 40643 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Kart Mafia Wipeout Thread: Curse of the Blue Shell.
« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2009, 01:10:17 AM »
I don't even know who was or is on my team, or even remember what team I was on. Being knocked out first has this very strange affect on me since I was barely in the game for a day. Funny.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2009, 01:19:17 AM »
Actually, I believe under the continuing rules, that means that the green team still has a chance to win, right?  Is that what's going on?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2009, 08:23:28 PM »
I got played.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2009, 08:58:55 PM »
Psh, should have listened to me.  It's your own fault for not keeping me alive :p

Edit:  So I'm curious, living players, specifically who voted, what team do you believe RAB to be on at this point in the game?  PM me, let me know, I'd like to see where people are.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2009, 01:06:45 AM »
You're all imbeciles.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2009, 01:48:10 AM »
Bring out your dead!

:D
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2009, 08:05:48 PM »
Hi!

It looks like I'm joining the rest of you. I've played a terrible game. Everything I thought I knew was wrong. I apologize to everybody who was counting on me for, well, anything.

Is there any tea left?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2009, 09:10:42 PM »
Seriously, Stratos.  I'm pulling for your team from this point out.  I'm sorry I killed you on that first day, I definitely should have gone after stevey.
If you had done that then I might actually like you.

But since I'm nice, I'll airmail you some biscuits too. Just be sure to share with Khushrenada.

You can have your biscuits back because Khushrenada ain't ever comin' by for tea.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2009, 09:17:12 PM »
Sad I thought girl power would win out with me trying to protect mop_it_up but it looks like we both may be deaded.  :'(
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2009, 10:03:57 PM »
You can still win it GoldenPhoenix! I believe in you!

Seriously, Stratos.  I'm pulling for your team from this point out.  I'm sorry I killed you on that first day, I definitely should have gone after stevey.
If you had done that then I might actually like you.

But since I'm nice, I'll airmail you some biscuits too. Just be sure to share with Khushrenada.

You can have your biscuits back because Khushrenada ain't ever comin' by for tea.
Ha, yeah, that was the day of the Lightning which canceled all votes. Well that just means I can have your biscuits.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2009, 11:50:58 PM »
Psh, should have listened to me.  It's your own fault for not keeping me alive :p

Edit:  So I'm curious, living players, specifically who voted, what team do you believe RAB to be on at this point in the game?  PM me, let me know, I'd like to see where people are.
Seriously, I was red. I was always red, I never changed teams. I don't know why anyone would think I was not red since I stated in almost every single post that I was red or pledged undying support for red.

You know why? Because this was a team game. There was no bad guy to try and pretend not to be. You though, you had to be all ambiguous and muddy the water. YOU'RE MEANT TO BE A COMRADE AND VOTE WITH YOUR RED COMRADES! And I mean. After the first day, when red took a numbers lead, blue players should've WISHED they were red and begged to me to not vote their blue arses out. But no. We fucked it up. Watch red lose now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2009, 12:01:17 AM »
Looks like someone pulled a fast one. GP is voted out.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 12:10:09 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2009, 12:11:26 AM »
Bring out your dead!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 12:37:54 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2009, 12:33:04 AM »
I heard that GP might not be voted out...

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2009, 12:48:43 AM »
RAB, after I got the red to the lead on day one, the first person you went after was me!

What kind of comrade are you, anyway?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2009, 12:56:45 AM »
I wouldn't go so far as to say GP was voted out. I thought Vudu might do something like that and I was disappointed to see that he did considering I've given him and Red team the chance to win. But regardless, it may be time to fill people in on the drama that is happening today and just see how much of a nail-biter this finish is.

When, we lost Maxi and I was exposed and near death, it appeared things were over for the Green Team. I sent out a post apologizing to the Green Team my poor choices of item usage at the start of the game and how I failed at getting us to vote better. Expecting to die, a gave Green Team a quick diagram of the only way to still win the game. Because, like Captain Kirk, I don't believe in no-win scenarios. It was basically a scorched earth policy. The only way to win was for the Red and Blue team to eliminate each other in this war, simultaneously, so the the next day, there would only be Green members left, thereby giving us the win. Of course, it was a long shot plan and the fact that there are random weapons mean there were too many chance occurances that could happen to bring us down. Regardless, I left Operation Longshot as a final gift to my comrades in case they would be able to make it to such a situation.

Then we lost Dasmos right away and with me still clinging to a point, it seemed like such a situation would never occur. But now that I had figured out another plan for victory and realized there was an option still available, my competitive spirit for the game came back and did what was needed to get this far. I kept a minority government running. The goal was to never allow one side more votes than the other. One side, whether blue or red, needed to depend on us on any given day for the majority vote and therefore would not target us since they needed our votes or would hand the majority over to the opposition. In this way, we were able to vote the other team's players out, while they uses their items against one another.

There was a lot of second guessing and a lot of bluffing going on. At times, it felt like a poker game as I tried to size up each competitior and how they were going to use their items and how many points they had or didn't have. By working with Blue, it gave me insight into their organization which helped cut down some guesswork. But that brings us today, a near perfect scenario.

The perfect scenario would have been 1 red, 1 blue, 2 Green since I could guarentee we would win at that combination. Instead, we have

2 Blue
Stevey - 1 point
DrewMG - 1 point

1 Red
Vudu - 1 point

2 Green
Khushrenada - 1 point
Golden Phoenix - 2 points

We also have two items. The POW block and a red shell. I've often called the POW block a hail mary and here's why. The power of the POW block is this: All votes for the day are randomized except for Green Teams. All items and their use are randomized except for Green Team's.

So, at 2 votes staying for Stevey, it seems a good bet he will be voted out. Even if it ends in a tie with GP, she has more points so Stevey would be gone. The only thing that would amaze would be if the random 3 votes tie or surpass the stevey vote for DrewMG who will be dead as well.

You see, with my last red shell, I have sent it at DrewMG. The original plan was to hit Vudu with it but he actually worked with me for the most part today. He kind of blew it with that dick move at the end but it doesn't matter too much. Plus, Vudu I think knows that if he plays up how great a guy I am, I'll let him off the hook a lot of the time. Good for him! Now, we know our shell will go through no problem against DrewMG. With one point, he is dead. If the vote stands correct, Stevey is dead. That's it for Blue team.

But as for Red team, they have a chance. At this point, it all depends on the items Vudu, Stevey and DrewMG have in their possesion. If they are attacking items, then I have good odds Vudu will be hit by an item tonight, taking out his last point for a Green Team win. If he survives, Red team wins since they meet the right win condition criteria.

So, that's how it stands. It comes down to a lot of chance. Will the vote stay the same? Will Vudu be hit or not hit? How does it end? I am in anticipation of the answer as much as you are. In the end, I think it is only fitting that a Mario Kart game come down to this. In the end, you have your skilled players who have used their abilities to advance far in the race. Yet, you also have your players who haven't played as much as the skilled players. Yet, it is still an equal battle thanks to the items and chance that can occur.

Good game all and it is nice to finally be active in a game again after missing the last couple due to some busy days before. I look forward to trying this all over again in Dasmos game. It will be nice to step back into a traditional game as well. It feels too long since we last had one.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2009, 01:08:26 AM »
I guess I should mention that if DrewMG hadn't fought me all day, he would be the one playing for the win on item roulette, not Vudu. That's a lesson for you. Don't complain about my manipulations. In case you haven't realized, I haven't won a game since Charlie Brown Mafia. So, it isn't the same old episode anymore.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2009, 01:43:28 AM »
Wow Vudu changed votes right at the buzzer. But never count out Khushrenada... That's one thing I probably should have learned long ago.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2009, 03:00:00 AM »
I'm sorry. I don't really care what the rules say. Anything and everything I've ever known about mafia-here and playing the live versions- tells me that if there are two green members and one member from red (or blue) that Green should win. Because think of the logic; the next day's vote is guaranteed to go against the lone driver.

Why are the rules different here? Am I missing something critical?
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2009, 03:21:43 AM »
Green will win if there are two of them and one of each of the other teams. But if Green loses a member tonight then they won't win because Blue will then have two.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2009, 03:48:29 AM »
OK, I misunderstood him.
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2009, 08:27:04 AM »
Now, we know our shell will go through no problem against DrewMG. With one point, he is dead. If the vote stands correct, Stevey is dead. That's it for Blue team.

I foolishly told you I had 2 points, but you didn't believe me.  Everyone seemed to think that only GP was the one with 2 points yesterday, but nope, it was me.  I used the oil slick against Mop_It_Up at his suggestion, because he knew he wasn't going to be in the game much longer.   Khush, I lied to you about how many points I'd had before the slick was used, but not how many points I had afterwards.   I told you I used the oil slick, but it hadn't changed my points, as I'd gone from 2 to 2.   I figured that one lie might throw you off the scent a bit.    I guess I was right.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2009, 02:31:23 PM »
RAB, after I got the red to the lead on day one, the first person you went after was me!

You coulda just said "hey man, I'm red too" and I woulda been "Cool, let's do this!"

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2009, 03:08:38 PM »

You coulda just said "hey man, I'm red too" and I woulda been "Cool, let's do this!"

True, with Thatguy he was probably saying it in code.
In the dark of the night,

A duck flies at
Midnight

Ready to
Escape hunters set on making him
Dead.

;)
My Game Collection

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2009, 03:30:37 PM »
I think I said precisely that ;)

No, really, I believed I had announced redness.

Regardless, RAB, my plan was flawed.  I would have never known you for the hard working proletariat you strove to be.  For I believed stevey to be that man, and in the end, the spy stabbed me in the back.  To be fair, all in-game evidence said he could only be red, he was able to capture our guns and our uniforms, a complete charade was cast before my eyes.