Author Topic: Man, oh, man... my mouth waters and my heart thumps at the site of Girl Scout...  (Read 4905 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Cookies... (Need longer topic titles)...

So, anywhoo, last weekend, Girl Scouts were selling Cookies outside the Wal*Mart.  As any real person who isn't a robot or crazy, I love Thin Mints.  I also really like the little Shortbread cookies in the shape of the Girl Scout logo.  But, as luck would have it, I forgot my wallet at home that day.  Seriously, what the hell?  The one day I forget my wallet.

Thankfully, they were out there again this weekend, selling their tasty little treats.

Well, anywhoo, they were charging $3.50 a box.  Now, I know prices go up, but I remember them being $3/box for the longest time.  Since these girls have a pure monopoly on the tasty cookies, I had no choice but to hand over my $20 for 5 Boxes of cookies and some change.

But this whole time, I'm wondering if they're pocketing some of the change themselves.

So, I Googled it.  Turns out, individual branches get to set their own prices, from $2.50-$4.00.

Any Girl Scouts who want to sell me $2.50 Thin Mints, come on over to Uncle Bob's house.  I'll give you wads of cash if you let me into your box of cookies.

Anywhoo, while reading though the Cookie FAQ on the Girl Scout site, I see this:

*** For the safety and security of the girls who are selling cookies, Girl Scout Cookies are not available for purchase online.***

So, I'm thinking, wouldn't it be safer for them to sell cookies online than to expect little girls to go around selling cookies?

Seems odd to me.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
I think you should just leave the loli jokes to me... =)

And the idea behind selling cookies door-to-door is that it's a character-building exercise for the little ladies, which makes it all the more ironic when parents play middleman and do it for them...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Sorry... I always feel odd talking about my love for Girl Scout Cookies, so I figure I might as well go all out.

Anywhoo, yeah, I always refuse to buy from parents peddling junk for their kids.  I don't need the crap anyway and it's always overpriced, so *bleh*.  Make your kid work for it.

The Girl Scouts at my store were working hard, harassing every customer as they went in/came out... so I was happy to buy from them, since they were actually working... and the cookies are tasty. :)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Tagalongs are where it's at. Oh man. Thin Mints and Samoas are good too

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
Tagalongs used to be my favorite but this time around they didn't do anything for me.

I am now of the opinion that Samoas are the best, followed by Lemonades, followed by Thin Mints.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
    • View Profile
Okay so this one time my roommates an' I were goin' grocery shopping and like this cubscout or something asked me if I wanted to buy some chocolate or something.  My first impulse was to tell him "negative," but I wasn't sure if the child would understand that so I was trying to think of something better but I was almost at the entrance already so I just flatly told him "no" after a slight pause.  Then my roommates laughed at me and said I was mean and I was like "What? D:"

The end.
GOREGASM!

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
Samoas **gargle**
Check out PixlBit!

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Yes samoas are so good.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
I think you should just leave the loli jokes to me... =)

QFT  Bill makes it sound like Bill, UB makes it creepier than the old man on Family Guy

And the proper order goes like this Thin Mints > Caramel cookies > Peanut Butter Filled Cookies
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 10:45:59 AM by darkheart »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
gosh i love girl scout cookies
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
come on over to Uncle Bob's house.  I'll give you wads of cash if you let me into your box.

thats all i read... thats all i have to read. i'm leaving this thread now in disgust
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile
Since these girls have a pure monopoly on the tasty cookies, I had no choice but to hand over my $20 for 5 Boxes of cookies and some change.

Not true.

The Keebler elves have moved into the same market, minus the aggressive marketing.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
come on over to Uncle Bob's house.  I'll give you wads of cash if you let me into your box.

thats all i read... thats all i have to read. i'm leaving this thread now in disgust

Ahahahah..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
I'm glad I wasn't a girl scout, I don't think we should be teaching our young girls to beg strangers for money to purchase something.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
I'm glad I wasn't a girl scout, I don't think we should be teaching our young girls to beg strangers for money to purchase something.

girl scouts = young prostitutes???
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

SO YOU CAN TAKE THAT COOKIE
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32