Author Topic: God, could you guys suck any more?  (Read 21765 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: MAFIA V: God, could you guys suck any more?
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2006, 08:44:45 AM »
I made a very silly mistake in thinking that SUPER was the one being protected and I was scared to waste my hit...

That mistake actually changed my strategy much of the game.  For some reason I thought I read that the Deputy and the Defenders could NOT create the loop of invincibility.  Therefore, I expected the defenders to be defending the Emissary and all I had to do was weed out the hidden deputy to start the chain reaction of deaths.

Had I figured this out, back on stalemate day, SUPER and Crash's roles would have been reversed.  18 and I would have been pushing a vote for Crash, and SUPER would have been hit that night.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:MAFIA V: God, could you guys suck any more?
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2006, 08:51:09 AM »

Originally posted by: Pale
I made a very silly mistake in thinking that SUPER was the one being protected and I was scared to waste my hit...
According to you(Garnee), this is the 2nd silly mistake that you made, today(& last nite) you made your 3rd. I guess it doesn't matter since you will be dead by the end of the day and the game will be over, it was a nice last chance effort, but it wouldn have never worked. Just so you know, the last X-team member is a citizen and would never side with you(thanx to ShyGuy j/k).

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2006, 08:57:30 AM »
Well i don't think I made a mistake yesterday.  The Garnee thing was pointless as it was a crap shoot anyway.  I was really pointing out the irony there.

18 days has timezone issues.  The reason why I changed my vote to stabby was in hopes that he would also change his vote to stabby and force another stalemate.

And don't be so sure about supposed allegiences.  I had absolutely no chance at the end really.  TYP, SUPER, and Crash had all the bargaining power.  All they had to say was look at TYP.  He's protected!  That proves he's a good guy so believe us.

The problem with having something like the invincible duo is that if they do hook up, which they did VERY early on, it is basically impossible for the mafias, unless multiple mafias could team up in time.

The fact of the matter there is that Crash did do a good job of being the deputy.  It wasn't until very late that I finally figured out it was him.

But anyway, I'm still interested to know how you think last night and today were mistakes?  It's not like if I kept hiding under the radar I could ever win.  I needed 3 people of the 5 remaining to vote for Crash, and Crash and TYP obviously weren't going to do that.  I think I played the best game I could have given how things played out.

Also, it isn't over yet.  Stabby could still be the king of the new village where silly power hungry people won't kill off citizens. =P
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2006, 09:06:53 AM »
As I said in my PM to Pale, I can't believe he wasn't voted off four days ago.  The townies don't deserve to win.  But they will, for the reasons explained in my post several days ago.  (The DotK-slash-Emissary's Deputy make it impossible for mafia to win.)

Who here (in the dead thread) actually believed Pale was a townie?  Did anyone buy his "What's going on?  Where am I?  I don't know how to play!" story?  This is the fifth time he's played the damn game.  You townies should have known damn well he was mafia.  Pale, you have my congrats.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2006, 09:37:43 AM »
Calling today/last nite was mistake, but I did mention that it was a nice last chance effort, but there is practically no way that it is going to work.Not killing SUPER the day he made his role known was probably the only real mistake that was made by either mafia.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2006, 09:59:28 AM »
I thought the same thing too... But I believe at one point 18 days convinced some people he was the emissary, which wouldn't have been possible if SUPER was dead.  Obviously it didn't work that well, but still, having that card as a possible role still in play let us lobby a little harder.
---------------------

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2006, 10:46:16 AM »
18 days had me wondering if he was the emissary, but I wasnt sure.  It was sneaky, in a pm 18 days said that he had investigated people, like it was just a slip up (but I was always suspicous.  Then after I made my remark about Super being too powerful, I began to realize that Super was the emissary, making 18 days mafia, but by then it was too late for me.
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2006, 03:58:43 PM »
Why do you keep calling 18 days a he?

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2006, 04:38:01 PM »

Just so you know, the last X-team member is a citizen and would never side with you(thanx to ShyGuy  j/k).

You never know, I was tempted.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2006, 05:07:59 PM »
Crash wasn't protected until the day you tried to make a hit on him Pale.  Before that, Super was protected the entire time.  Had you killed Crash early on, the Alliance would've been dissolved very quickly.
"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2006, 07:05:58 PM »
Yeah, Crash definately gets MVP.  I knew all along I had to find the deputy and for some reason I didn't figure out it was him.
---------------------

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2006, 08:09:35 PM »

Originally posted by: Zach
18 days had me wondering if She was the emissary, but I wasnt sure.  It was sneaky, in a pm 18 days said that She had investigated people, like it was just a slip up (but I was always suspicous.  Then after I made my remark about Super being too powerful, I began to realize that Super was the emissary, making 18 days mafia, but by then it was too late for me.

Aww so you saw through it? Damn! Sorry I had to pull that one on you, but I never actually said "I am the emissinary" I just said I investigated people.

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Why do you keep calling 18 days a he?

Yeah! Just because my name isn't "DSgirl" or something. Doesn't meean I'm not female.  

Originally posted by: Dasmos
You never know, I was tempted.

I have special powers of persuesion.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2006, 08:30:42 PM »
*cough*Town Whore*cough*

Oh wait, that's SUPER..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig