Author Topic: Mafia IV: Mushroom's Assassin players, roles, rules  (Read 5783 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
Mafia IV: Mushroom's Assassin players, roles, rules
« on: March 30, 2006, 09:11:25 PM »
The Players:

--Not Dead:--
Blackfootsteps, werewolf, the fighter
BlackNMild, king of the werewolves
Mario, werewolf, the moonster
MysticGohan, Reinfeld

--Dead:--
Pryopizm, the ghost of Iwamatsu, death by werewolf
Dasmos, death by werewolf
Hostile Creation. the seer, death by werewolf
MaryJane, the sweet transvestite, death by vote
Ty, the good doctor, death by werewolf
ShyGuy, vampire, pretendor, death by vote
Pale, king of the vampires, death by werewolf
IceCold, vigilante, death by mayor Bloomershelaiplarestian
TVMan, death by vigilante
TYP, vampire, the giver, death by vote
Sir Stabby, death by vampire
Toruresu, death by vote
Animecyberrat, death by vote
Uncle Bob, death by vampire
Vudu, mushroom's assassin, death by vigilante
Stevey, death by vote

The Rules:

Before the game begins, you may be pmed with one of many secret roles, which are outlined below. If you have a role, actions are performed by pming me with what you want to do.

Every game day, everyone in the game can vote for who they suspect to be either werewolf or vampire. Everyone can (and should) vote, including those with roles. At the end of every game day, the person who looses the vote is killed in-game.

When someone is killed, their role is revealed and that person is no longer allowed to post in mafia threads or participate in the game.

Although voting is voluntary, participation is not. Failure to post within a 2-day timeframe may result in in-game death.

Game begins Wednesday, April 5th. Each game day will generally last from early in the morning to midnight EST. The game is over when either: all the bad guys are killed, the number of vampires or werewolves outnumbers the other players, or there is only one player left standing.

The annoying introductory text:

Things had been getting far too ridiculous lately, the waitress thought as she adjusted her breasts. Mysterious disappearances were one thing, but handsome American tourists were quite the other.

He was sitting by the large window, his powdery hair glinting in the light of the full moon. “Here’s your coffee, sir,” said the waitress, in as seductive a manner as possible. She set the coffee down. “Anything with that…sugar?”

The American got out his American-to-Transylvanian dictionary and flipped through it. “Ah…no. Coffee…black….as…..’Rockstar’…employee soul.” He chuckled at his joke. “And….don’t call me….sugar.”

The waitress nodded confusedly. “‘Rockstar’?” She thought. “Ah! Like Marilyn Manson.”

The man nodded. “Exactly.”

A wolf howled in the distance.

The waitress nervously turned back to the conversation. “So. what brings you to Wheresville?”

The American grinned. “My Name is Jack Thompson. And I’m…” he flipped through his dictionary again, “save town.”

“We don’t need saving,” a long haired man sitting in the table opposite growled. “We have the incredibly handsome and talented seer on our side..."

“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline wandering

• View Profile
RE: Mafia IV: Mushroom's Assassin players, roles, rules
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 09:15:23 PM »
The roles:

...To make a long and uninteresting story slightly shorter: Jack Thompson, the long-haired man, and the waitress found themselves discussing the various notable people of the town. There was:

The seer - who could choose one person every night, and determine their true identity.

The King of the Werewolves – who killed every even night, appeared as a townie to the seer, and passed on his killing powers to a chosen successor in the event of death.

The King of the Vampires – who was much like the king of werewolves, except he killed every odd night.

The four henchmen of the werewolf and vampire kings. Each had a special power:

--"The Giver" could choose, if he was leader of his group, to pass on his genetic material to a single victim instead of killing him. The victim would then turn into a vampire or werewolf, and every night members of his own kind killed, he would too. While the victim would not "team up" with, or learn the identities of, other members of his own kind, he could not kill them either.

--"The Pretendor" could choose a role at the beginning, and appear as that role to the seer.

--"The Fighter" had a 40% chance of surviving an attack from the leader of the werewolves or vampires.

--"The Moonster" could, one time only, nullify all night actions on a night of his choosing.

The Ghost of Iwamatsu -- who could not be killed..err, gotten rid of, unless the leaders of both the werewolves and vampires decided to perform the special ritual of ghost destruction on the same night.

The Ghost of Bill Aurion -- who could not be gotten rid of by any means known.

The Sweet Transvestite, from the neighboring town of Transexual -- who chose one person to visit each night, and that person would learn of his/her relative innocence.

The traitor, code-name ‘Reinfeld’ -- who had aligned himself with evil.

The vigilante, code-name ‘Van Helsing’ -- who could kill one person each night. But should he kill someone who was not on the side of evil, he himself would die.

The Good Doctor (or rather The Good Local Healer who has not been licensed and who’s advice should not be taken as professional medical advice in the country of Transylvania), -- who could protect one person each night with his special blend of Wolfsbane and Garlic. Should he try to protect someone against the Mushroom’s Assassin, however... the person he was protecting would live, he himself would die.

The mysterious Mushroom’s Assassin -- who was, as legend had at, not to be trusted.                  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia IV: Mushroom's Assassin players, roles, rule
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 09:34:01 PM »
Could you give a real roles list? I personally don't want to read though all that. I just want an outline. Also it may be in your text, but how can there be werewolf killing every two nights? Is it suddenly the full moon on those nights?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline wandering

• View Profile
RE: Mafia IV: Mushroom's Assassin players, roles, rule
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 09:48:12 PM »
Just for you, I've edited the original post.

Also it may be in your text, but how can there be werewolf killing every two nights? Is it suddenly the full moon on those nights?

For reasons that may or may not be explained-away with a painfully ridiculous throw-away explanation during the game, the werewolves can turn into their true forms every night.  

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 07:13:04 AM »
Lemme see if I have this straight..

Godfather1:
The King of the Werewolves – who killed every even night, appeared as a townie to the seer, and passed on his killing powers to a chosen successor in the event of death.

Godfather2
The King of the Vampires – who was much like the king of werewolves, except he killed every odd night.

Mafia, but with unique powers
The four henchmen of the werewolf and vampire kings. Each had a special power:

--"The Giver" could choose, if he was leader of his group, to pass on his genetic material to a single victim instead of killing him. The victim would then turn into a vampire or werewolf, and every night members of his own kind killed, he would too. While the victim would not "team up" with, or learn the identities of, other members of his own kind, he could not kill them either.

--"The Pretendor" could choose a role at the beginning, and appear as that role to the seer.

--"The Fighter" had a 40% chance of surviving an attack from the leader of the werewolves or vampires.

--"The Moonster" could, one time only, nullify all night actions on a night of his choosing.

????
The Ghost of Iwamatsu -- who could not be killed..err, gotten rid of, unless the leaders of both the werewolves and vampires decided to perform the special ritual of ghost destruction on the same night.

Meddler!

Detective
The Sweet Transvestite, from the neighboring town of Transexual -- who chose one person to visit each night, and that person would learn of his/her relative innocence.

The Rat

Vigilante
The vigilante, code-name ‘Van Helsing’ -- who could kill one person each night. But should he kill someone who was not on the side of evil, he himself would die.

Doctor
The Good Doctor (or rather The Good Local Healer who has not been licensed and who’s advice should not be taken as professional medical advice in the country of Transylvania), -- who could protect one person each night with his special blend of Wolfsbane and Garlic. Should he try to protect someone against the Mushroom’s Assassin, however... the person he was protecting would live, he himself would die.

Serial Killer with special doctor killing power?
The mysterious Mushroom’s Assassin -- who was, as legend had at, not to be trusted.

I think with the Giver, teamups are going to be inevitable. I think the innocent townies are going to be quickly slaughtered and the it's going to turn into a vamps-vs.-weres fight.

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 07:42:30 AM »
Why you gotta pick on Manson?? I win!
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 08:13:07 AM »

Originally posted by: wandering

Game begins Wednesday, April 6th. Each game day will generally last from early in the morning to midnight. The game is over when either: all the bad guys are killed, the number of vampires or werewolves outnumbers the other players, or there is only one player left standing.

I'm not sure if everyone knows your timezone, my midnight could be your 6am, it would be nice if you could specify

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 08:38:31 AM »
Wow.  Wandering, you need to clear up this roles, big time.  Where do I start?  (I'm going to use vampires in all my examples, but they can easily be substituted for werewolves.)

"The Giver" could choose, if he was leader of his group, to pass on his genetic material to a single victim instead of killing him. The victim would then turn into a vampire or werewolf, and every night members of his own kind killed, he would too. While the victim would not "team up" with, or learn the identities of, other members of his own kind, he could not kill them either.
What do you mean the victim can't team up or learn the identities of other vampires?  What's stopping the Giver from supplying everyone with the proper info?  What if the vampire godfather learns of the new vampire--can he kill him like he would a normal townie?  What does the new vampire do?  If the giver makes more than one vampire do they know of each other’s existence?  Do they know who the giver is?  Is he supposed to form his own secret sub-mafia?  If all other vampires die, does the new bastard-vampire become the godfather by default?

How the hell is this supposed to happen?  So first the vampire godfather needs to figure out who iwamatsu is.  Then he needs to figure out who the werewolf godfather is.  Then he needs to someone contact that godfather without giving away his own identity.  Then they need to kill him together?  If they kill him together, does that count as the kill for that night or is it in addition?  What's stopping the godfathers from both PM'ing you a random name every night in hopes that eventually they'll get lucky and both select the iwamatsu on the same night?

So an invincible townie?  How's the mafia supposed to win?  Even if he's the only one left, they can't kill him, and he can't vote them off so it's a stalemate.  Unless you mean the mafia can't kill him but he can still be voted off, in which case you need to specify that.

I'm totally confused about this role.  It doesn't sound like the cop because the transvestite doesn't learn about the individual's role, the individual learns of the transvestite's role.  Am I reading that right?  It doesn't seem very useful because the transvestite isn't going to want to visit too many people for fear of revealing him/herself to a mafia member.

Seriously, WTF.  Explain.

Again, WTF.  Serial Killer?  Explanation needed.

If the roles aren't clear it's going to be chaos and the townies won't stand a chance unless they get really lucky.  Unless we know what the roles are we have no hopes of working together.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 12:29:54 PM »
Reinfeld aka the rat could coordinate the Mafias to kill the Iwamatsu ghost. I'm not sure what power the ghost Iwamatsu has besides immortality.

Bill is going to meddle in the game irregardless, so this just makes his role official I don't think he gets a vote, he just influences. Maybe the other ghost is the same way.

I assume the ghosts can post in both the living and dead threads.  

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 01:56:43 PM »
Could you change 'King of the Werewolves' to 'Pack Leader' or something more WereWolf-ish? Nothing big, just a nit-pick.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 07:23:26 PM »
Clarifications, as requested:

Detective...The Sweet Transvestite

No - the detective is the seer.

The Rat...The traitor, code-name ‘Reinfeld’ -- who had aligned himself with evil.

The 'traitor' part refers to the fact that Reinfeld has betrayed his fellow townies.

Other than that, though, you seem to have everything right, ShyGuy.

[The Giver]
What do you mean the victim can't team up or learn the identities of other vampires? What's stopping the Giver from supplying everyone with the proper info? What if the vampire godfather learns of the new vampire--can he kill him like he would a normal townie? What does the new vampire do? If the giver makes more than one vampire do they know of each other’s existence? Do they know who the giver is? Is he supposed to form his own secret sub-mafia? If all other vampires die, does the new bastard-vampire become the godfather by default?

Here's the deal. The Giver can create one new vampire (or werewolf), but ONLY if the giver has been choosen to replace the vampire (or werewolf) king, and only then in place of a kill, and only then one time only. This new vampire can then kill every odd night (or even night). This new vampire, in order to win, wants to kill everyone in the game...including his fellow vampires. BUT, he can't actually kill other vampires. Nor does he know the identity of the vampires. And yes, the leader of the vampires can kill him.

[Ghost of Iwamatsu]
How the hell is this supposed to happen? So first the vampire godfather needs to figure out who iwamatsu is. Then he needs to figure out who the werewolf godfather is. Then he needs to someone contact that godfather without giving away his own identity. Then they need to kill him together? If they kill him together, does that count as the kill for that night or is it in addition? What's stopping the godfathers from both PM'ing you a random name every night in hopes that eventually they'll get lucky and both select the iwamatsu on the same night?

Although Iwamatsu cannot be killed in the usual fashion, once an attempt is made on his life, his identity is compromised. There would then be a number of ways a clever vampire/werewolf leader could ensure his demise. Oh, and the ritual can be performed by both leaders any night they choose, however, a leader cannot perform the ritual and a kill on the same night. Also, if only one group is left (vampires or werewolves), the leader can perform the ritual on his own.

[Bill Aurion]
So an invincible townie? How's the mafia supposed to win? Even if he's the only one left, they can't kill him, and he can't vote them off so it's a stalemate. Unless you mean the mafia can't kill him but he can still be voted off, in which case you need to specify that.

ah..that was a joke. I assume Bill Aurion will meddle without actually joining the game.

[Sweet Transvestite]
I'm totally confused about this role. It doesn't sound like the cop because the transvestite doesn't learn about the individual's role, the individual learns of the transvestite's role. Am I reading that right? It doesn't seem very useful because the transvestite isn't going to want to visit too many people for fear of revealing him/herself to a mafia member.

The transvestite needs to reveal his role to one person each night. Any night that he does not PM me a person, I will select someone at random.

[Reinfeld]
Seriously, WTF. Explain.

Reinfeld is a hypnotized townie, with no special powers, that wants someone or some group other than the townies to win.

[Mushroom's Assassin]
Again, WTF. Serial Killer? Explanation needed.

The mushroom's assassin is a serial killer who kills every even night.

Bill is going to meddle in the game irregardless, so this just makes his role official I don't think he gets a vote, he just influences. Maybe the other ghost is the same way.I assume the ghosts can post in both the living and dead threads.

The ghost (the real ghost, not bill) gets a vote. And once he is sent to the other side by the werewolf/vampire leaders, he cannot post in regular mafia threads. I suppose he could post in the dead thread whenever he wanted, although he probably wouldn't want to draw attention to the fact that he's dead...or at least, not until the townies try to kill him and find out they can't.        

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 07:31:12 PM »

Could you change 'King of the Werewolves' to 'Pack Leader' or something more WereWolf-ish? Nothing big, just a nit-pick

I'll agree that the the role titles for the leaders are pretty lame. Still, no, not changing them.

Why you gotta pick on Manson??

Since the person doing the criticizm was Jack Thompson, I wouldn't say that I was picking on him.

The joke was supposed to be that Jack was saying he 'took his coffee as black as the souls of Rockstar Employees'...as in, the people who made GTA. But the waitress didn't understand, and asked if he meant rockstar like Manson. But Jack thought she was agreeing with him and comparing the evil creators of GTA to the evil Manson. See? Yeah.

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 08:32:37 PM »
I'm a bit confused.  Can the Prentendors pretend to be townies, or must they pretend to be a major role?  What with 11 (or 12) bad guys, 4 of which the seer will not recognize, townies seem pretty much screwed from the get-go.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2006, 09:10:22 PM »
Ah, no, no, there's only 8 bad guys. There are only 2 henchmen per mafia group. The four special powers will be randomly assigned to the henchmen, so the 2 groups will not have the same powers.

Oh, and, yes, the pretendor can choose to appear as a townie if he wants.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 10:14:19 PM »
players list has been added. Roles will given out shortly. Sorry for being so ridiculously late about this.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 08:23:49 PM »
Oh, hey, thanks for the sticky!

Offline Pryopizm

• Staff Jedis-Are-Evil
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2006, 06:27:18 AM »
Remove Toru, he's dead
"Bullets, my only weakness.  How did you know?"