Poll

What device do you use most to Netflix? (choose all that apply)

Game Console
22 (42.3%)
Smart Box (AppleTV, Roku, Blu-Ray player)
10 (19.2%)
Smart Phone/Tablet (& Chromecast)
8 (15.4%)
Smart TV
3 (5.8%)
Computer/HTPC
9 (17.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: All Things Netflix! Coming Soon: The Netflix Experience, Live and In Person!??  (Read 327366 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: All Things Netflix! Now With Original Programming!
« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2013, 09:42:33 PM »
are there spoilers in that link?
because i don't want to be spoiler'd, just want to know if there is significance to the images or if they are there just because.

there was also a smoke one just a few moments ago too.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2013, 10:30:59 PM »
Each one represents a letter, and every episode has a word spelled out using them. Each one does have meaning though.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2013, 03:18:41 AM »
Not spoiler at all. It's fan codebreaking/pausing bonus. "Why?" "Because it's cool".
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2013, 07:46:24 PM »
I started Adventure Time last night. Whoa. Idiotic, but hilarious - that's my description. Hah.

ALGEBRAIC!
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 11, 2013, 08:49:22 PM »
Arrested Development season 5!?

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/11/4515918/netflix-currently-in-negotiations-for-another-season-of-arrested-development

Netflix appears to hope so.
I just hope it's more like s1-s3 and less like s4
and I'm sure that's more than just a personal preference.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 12, 2013, 02:34:50 AM »
I really liked Season 4, it was different. If you're hoping for something like the original run, you're gonna be disappointed. Mainly because I don't think they're gonna do it like that again, but even if they did, it wouldn't be as good.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Online lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 13, 2013, 06:46:11 PM »
I really liked Season 4, it was different. If you're hoping for something like the original run, you're gonna be disappointed. Mainly because I don't think they're gonna do it like that again, but even if they did, it wouldn't be as good.

I stopped watching season 4 about midway through, and haven't brought myself to pick it back up since.

I just felt like I was working too hard to pay attention to every detail. Some episodes had hilarious moments (Gob & Tobias), some were weird (George Sr.), and some we're plain boring (Michael).
Ive read that the first half of the season is mostly buildup to the 2nd half payoff, but what the 4th season showed me more than anything is that the success of the show relies heavily on the ensemble cast playing off each other.  Even if it can never "be as good" as the original 3 seasons, I think it would benefit well to have a format similar to the original run.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 13, 2013, 06:51:41 PM »
Netflix has another original show coming out next month

Orange is the New Black - July 11th, 2013

I hear this is getting pretty good reviews and has already been renewed for a 2nd season.
I'll be checking it out as soon as I finish my Fringe Binge.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 13, 2013, 10:39:06 PM »
Season 4 of Arrested Development definitely gets better in the second half once you start to piece together what is going on. It's not as good as the first three seasons (and could have used more Maeby), but I didn't need it to be. I liked it for what it was. I started watching the show in May and finished it in June. All around excellent show.

I blitzed through Breaking Bad right after. There are a few so-so episodes, but it's one of the best shows I've ever seen even though Walter is kind of a dick, Jesse is uber-emo, and seriously, **** Skyler. Besides the borderline racist things Hank says, he's probably my favorite character on the show (maybe Saul for how delightfully smarmy he is). And Gus's death scene was awesome. I have no idea where the show is going (haven't seen any of Season 5 since I don't have cable). My guess is that Hank is going to find out what Walt has been doing the last year or so though Mike got conveniently written out of the excellent Season 4 end so I wonder where they're going with that.

I started Fringe last week instead of trying to track down Season 5 of Breaking Bad on The Google. I've heard the first season is mediocre for being mostly X-Files Monster of the Week type stuff, but I like it so far. Apparently, it gets better in subsequent seasons once it starts focusing on the mythology. I suppose that's similar to The X-Files though many of my favorite episodes were Monster of the Week ones (Je Souhaite being at or around the top). Joshua Jackson is excellent and his role as Peter Bishop more than makes up for that awful horror movie he was in a few years ago (Shutter, I think). I keep thinking Broyles is secretly bad which was the same impression I got from Lance Reddick's Matthew Abaddon on Lost.

I've had Netflix for almost three years. Considering how many shows I've seen in their entirety (or most of it), it's more than paid for itself. I wish they would put Wonderfalls on Netflix so more people could appreciate/see how awesome it is.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 13, 2013, 10:52:44 PM »
I blitzed through Breaking Bad right after. There are a few so-so episodes, but it's one of the best shows I've ever seen even though Walter is kind of a dick, Jesse is uber-emo, and seriously, **** Skyler. Besides the borderline racist things Hank says, he's probably my favorite character on the show (maybe Saul for how delightfully smarmy he is). And Gus's death scene was awesome. I have no idea where the show is going (haven't seen any of Season 5 since I don't have cable). My guess is that Hank is going to find out what Walt has been doing the last year or so though Mike got conveniently written out of the excellent Season 4 end so I wonder where they're going with that.

Go buy season 5 on DVD.  It's worth it.  100%. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 14, 2013, 01:57:48 AM »
Netflix doesn't have the 5th and final season of Fringe (yet), so you will have to track that down by other means ;)

but it takes a turn in s4 (right from s4e1) and I'm still not completely sure it makes sense.
I'm sure somebody could attempt to explain it a way that they think it makes sense, but I'm still not sure I would buy it.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my Fringe Binge so far though and I'm about to start s5 right now, so I will let you know if I think it holds up.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 19, 2013, 09:23:49 PM »
I watched the 1st 5 episodes of Orange is the New Black.

this is by far the best new original series on Netflix so far. Better than AD s4, and anything else they have released originally that I've seen so far. It's a prison dramedy by the guy who did Weeds, and it's very entertaining.

If you are looking for a new series and you have Netflix, I suggest you check out the 1st few eps and see if is something you could get into. And for those that don't want to invest time in something that will never continue, this show has already been renewed for a 2nd season.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2013, 01:08:23 AM »
Holy sheet.  Orange is the New Black is pretty damn awesome.  Just started Episode 3.  I'm not going to get any sleep tonight. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 20, 2013, 01:32:11 AM »
Only clip I've seen from that is Donna's Pinciotti's boob.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 21, 2013, 06:12:54 PM »
I finished s1 of Orange is the New Black

Highly recommended for all Netflix users.
Crazy Eyes is Hilarious at times, and I love the way the season ended.
Very entertaining and humorous. can't wait for s2.

The one down side to Netflix's "release the whole season at once" approach, is that you can burn through it so fast, that the wait for the next season is just that much longer.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 22, 2013, 01:27:17 PM »
I thought the first episode of Orange is the New Black was poor.  I thought the second episode was better.  I still think House of Cards is the best original that they have done.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 23, 2013, 01:06:42 AM »
I thought the first episode of Orange is the New Black was poor.  I thought the second episode was better.  I still think House of Cards is the best original that they have done.

Just keep watching. 3 & 4 are good, 5 is not as good, but the show grows on you all the way till the end.

HoC is a whole different kind of show that I also enjoyed, but OitNB is more enjoyable to me.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 24, 2013, 08:06:48 PM »
I tried watching the first episode of House of Cards.. just couldn't get into it.

Orange is the New Black.. Season 2, now please.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 24, 2013, 09:49:35 PM »
I haven't watched any of the original programming yet, but it all sounds good. I think I'll start with Arrested Development since I never watched the earlier seasons either and everyone  always says how great they are, then probably House of Cards since I love my political dramas.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 24, 2013, 10:32:26 PM »
I haven't watched any of the original programming yet, but it all sounds good. I think I'll start with Arrested Development since I never watched the earlier seasons either and everyone  always says how great they are, then probably House of Cards since I love my political dramas.

You can skip Hemlock Grove, or whatever it was called, as that show didn't make no damn sense.

Arrested Development s1-s3 are great. s4 (the Netflix Original) is decent.
House of Cards is a good show.
Orange is the New Black is the best new original show that Netflix has offered up yet. IMO.

There is another Netflix Original too, starring one of the mobsters from the Sopranos, it was ok, but I don't even remember what it was called. I think it made it to a second season, but then again, it might not have actually been a Netflix show.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 25, 2013, 09:40:00 AM »
I forgot its name too.  Wasn't it the first one that they did?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 25, 2013, 09:55:47 AM »
It was called Lilyhammer. I don't remember hearing much about it, good or bad.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2013, 11:16:34 AM »
Lilyhammer is good. I enjoyed it enough that when the second season is released I might subscribe to Netflix again just for that month.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 26, 2013, 02:15:25 AM »
I hit a snag in Fringe. I'm in season two and it's been a bit slow after that awesome season premiere where Olivia burst through the windshield.

I decided to check out Orange is the New Black since BlackNMild's recommendations have been pretty good so far. The first episode started immediately with boobs (notably dwelling on an extra with huge tits after Piper leaves the shower). Nice try, but the episode was still a bit slow and uninteresting. The second was better. I wasn't sure if Alex was really in the prison or just being imagined by Piper until Piper threw the cornbread away. I'm about to start the third episode though I'll finish it after work. I love that Regina Spektor sings the theme song. Not her best, but it's like the producers knew how to pique my interest... until the rest of the first episode happened. Still, I kind of like it so far.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 26, 2013, 09:32:19 AM »
The First episode is so far easily the worst episode.  Also I hate that opening.  If it was like 15 seconds ok but, not as long as it is.  I just skip it.