Author Topic: Now this is BS  (Read 2567 times)

Offline scot00

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Now this is BS
« on: December 18, 2005, 04:57:32 AM »
http://megagames.com/news/html/console/psphotbutnoipod.shtml

So If i read this right..Everyone who owns a Ds is a little girl ???
Guess that includes me because I own a DS and havn't even thought about a PSP but  being the King of the cosmos is coming...who knows.

-Scot00-

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Now this is BS
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 06:21:00 AM »
Meh. That site looks like it's heavily biased towards Sony.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
RE:Now this is BS
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 06:29:26 AM »
You are not an Urban Nomad & are obviously younger and more female, just accept it cause Sony says so.

p.s.is that considered offensive(the smile face)?

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 06:31:56 AM »
I'd recomend editing it out.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline clevelandst124

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 03:12:41 PM »
I don't find that page that offensive.  Clearly, Nintendo has more girl gamers and young kids then the PSP.  Nintendo has gone out of their way to target female gamers and the GBA brand has them well positioned in the younger age group.  I believe the totals through November to be fairly accurate(didn't have the NPD for several months).  So with a 3M to 2.7M lead the PSP has thus far been the choice of older gamers.  What I find laughable is that Sony claims to sell another 2.5M to 3M during December.  They've been outsold by the DS ever since Mario Kart and will be outsold during December.  And they'll be lucky to sell 500k during December.  I predict November type numbers where the DS sells 450k and the PSP 400k.  Those that want an XBox 360 won't buy a PSP because they can't get one.  If they need a gaming fix they'll buy the next lower console(PS2 or Xbox).  If anything I think that the XBox 360 makes the PSP more useless.  PSP is no longer capable of current console games.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2005, 03:53:37 PM »
PSP has a 3 million lead? Is that what you just said? Cause PSP is pretty close to DS on the keyboard, so I can understand.

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 07:28:12 PM »
Umm...the numbers aren't right. At all.The PSP has about 7 million WORLDWIDE compared to the DS's 8. Or maybe it's 8 to 6 DS...either way, it's winning in each area.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 08:03:59 AM »
The DS beat PSP by 1 million units last year in Japan, and it's quite possibly on track to do the same this year, so there's a 2 million lead right there.

Things are closer in the other territories, but I think Artimus is right about the DS outselling PSP everywhere.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline obscureownership

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 09:11:43 AM »
I don't find it offensive because it's a piece of internet garbage. Obviously, the author has no idea what he (and we can tell that it IS a he because of the sexual insecurity) is talking about. He supposedly starts off trying to build a case against the iPod but for some reason ends up mentioning the DS. I own both, and I'm happy with both the iPod and the DS. I bought an iPod because I like having access to a lot of my music a lot of the time, and I bought a DS because I like good games.

Not to mention his numbers are way off by a long shot.

Anyhow. ZOMG IMA URBAN NOMAD.  
"we all no the revolutions gonna be worse than 360 and ps3 but hey its cheaper and i dont even think im gonna get any of them because i dont waste 400 bucks on sum crap that destroys your brain and cuts away from you guitar playing time!!!!!!!!!"

-A Review of the Wii by Cheese from Amazon dot