Author Topic: Unreal Engine 4 Can Run on Wii U  (Read 7210 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal Engine 4 Can Run on Wii U
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2012, 12:50:44 PM »
Unreal 3 runs on my computer.....at 10 frames per second. Epic doesn't believe in video settings. They are like a restaurant that won't let you make subtractions/additions to your meal.

1. There's no Unreal 3, that series ended with Unreal 2. Do you mean Unreal Tournament 3?
2. Video settings are up to the developer of the actual game, the engine has TONS of tweaking ability and apparently people hack the ini files all the time. Many developers are exceedingly lazy when porting console games to the PC, in the worst cases you won't even get to change the key bindings and the game will prompt you to press XBox controller buttons. On the other hand games like Blacklight Retribution (PC exclusive) have screens full of buttons and sliders to tweak the graphics. The engine has a ton of options but it's up to the developer to build GUI hooks for them.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
Unreal 3 runs on my computer.....at 10 frames per second. Epic doesn't believe in video settings. They are like a restaurant that won't let you make subtractions/additions to your meal.

1. There's no Unreal 3, that series ended with Unreal 2. Do you mean Unreal Tournament 3?
2. Video settings are up to the developer of the actual game, the engine has TONS of tweaking ability and apparently people hack the ini files all the time. Many developers are exceedingly lazy when porting console games to the PC, in the worst cases you won't even get to change the key bindings and the game will prompt you to press XBox controller buttons. On the other hand games like Blacklight Retribution (PC exclusive) have screens full of buttons and sliders to tweak the graphics. The engine has a ton of options but it's up to the developer to build GUI hooks for them.
Pretty sure nobody in this entire thread was talking about Unreal games up until you mentioned it.  When he said Unreal 3, I'm positive he was meaning Unreal Engine 3. :)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 01:07:24 PM »

no i meant the unreal engine 3 development kit. I looked and looked, and I couldn't find anything for options. I think by default UT3 was included, which had no options to find. IDK I could have looked harder, but it was running like terd on my pc even before the options screen.I looked for an external setup program too, but it wasn't helpful. My pc is a sucky pc anyways. I just need to buy a new one at this point. I'd fiddle around with it more when I have a better PC.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post