Author Topic: Nintendo Explains Why Star Fox 64 3D Isn't Online  (Read 4668 times)

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Explains Why Star Fox 64 3D Isn't Online
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 08:12:44 AM »
Wow, some great ideas on this thread, let's hope some of them come true.

I'd most definitely be up for a StarFox game with an online co-op campaign mode or objective-based team multiplayer battles on Wii U.
Absolute hotness.
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 05:00:55 PM »
Assaults multiplayer was slow as all hell which made for boring action. The environments were huge, some very pretty, but the stupid machines moved way too slow.

In Star fox 64 things moved at a decent pace. My cousins and I would have really intense free for alls. They would get just as crazy as any Smash Bros or Goldeneye battle despite the lack of variety. I used to be so good at sticking to peoples tails my cousin would fly through arches and other obstacles just to get me off of him. We knew if someone locked on with a bomb just u-turn away or summersault, soon bombs never ever worked. Eventually I figured if someone was chasing me and copying my every acrobatic move I could summersault, watch for my opponent to do the same and just as my arwing was facing downward I would shoot a bomb into the ground forcing the opponent to stay stuck in the blast.

Keep in the speed of the gameplay with the agility of the Awrings in tact and add in 12 plus players flying around and Star Fox U could have epic multiplayer. Assault was a joke.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 05:11:39 PM »
I realize this is an odd complaint, but I knew I wouldn't like Star Fox Assault from the moment I saw those 6-winged Arwings in the pre-release footage.  They were just over-designed and ugly, especially when you consider the simplicity of the design up until that point.  And then there was the voice-acting.  Yeah, the less said about that mess, the better.  Eeesh.  As for the campaign, the levels there were were largely pretty decent, but by the GameCube years it was pretty inexcusable to have a campaign that short with no replay value whatsoever.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 05:23:58 PM »
Oh I knew the game was a mistake when the developers described fox standing on the wing of one of the ships a firing as it was flying. What in the heck was that?! I would kungfu somebody for some $%^& like that! 
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline tokimaru12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 10:24:14 PM »
its time for a shity online flash fersion of the multy-player!XD