Author Topic: Mega Man 9 (WiiWare)  (Read 96463 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Man 9 (WiiWare)
« Reply #350 on: September 28, 2008, 07:47:30 PM »
words

There is, you just havent found it yet.

Its not as clear as other mega man games though, but the order is there.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 28, 2008, 08:43:02 PM »

True, but...

Is it just me or is there no obvious robot leader progression?  So far I've beat four bosses and haven't found a single weapon to use against them that works better than my Mega Buster.

the Mega Buster, and the Energy tanks, are way more helpful against the 8 initial bosses.

ok so i'm in the wily stages and i found a cool lil trick vs the dragon mini-boss that was also in Magma Mans stage that i didnt know about before since i didnt have the proper weapon.

If you use the Blackhole Bomb against it, it sucks up the flames that make up its body and damages it a bit and dispatches it pretty easily, as well as looking freakin awesome!

i just happened to try it out cuz i was low on health and it worked perfectly. I checked some walkthrus to see if its mentioned and its not, so i feel happy about discovering it myself. Anyone else try this?

I read on gamefaqs about it, but I dust don't like using the BHB. I spam the hell out of my wasps on it, its just as useful if not quicker if done strategically.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 28, 2008, 09:50:08 PM »
Incoming double post (sorry) ...

This can come to pose as a problem for me. Apparently the game does not save in between each Wily stage, and I'm guessing that playing MM1 and MM2 on the VC has spoiled me in that regard.
Yesterday I reached the boss on Wily's stage 2, and I died to a game over of course. I saved. Later on in the day I decided to go back and see if I could beat that boss, and lo and behold I was back at Wily's stage 1. I thought that maybe I didn't save it properly, or that by my own error I had saved it on the second slot which has happened before, so today I put myself to the task of reaching Wily's stage 2 yet again and then purposely died to a game over on the 2nd half of Wily's stage 2. If I continue I can of course continue from the stage I was playing, but if I decide to go to the store and by me some energy tanks I will start over from wily's stage 1.
It's a bummer for me, and I know that I can stock up on energy tanks and plow my way through, but still.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 28, 2008, 09:54:02 PM »

No ****.  My complaint wasn't that was wasn't an order.  It was that there wasn't an obvious order.

Reading comprehension FTW.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 28, 2008, 10:33:49 PM »

No ****.  My complaint wasn't that was wasn't an order.  It was that there wasn't an obvious order.

Reading comprehension FTW.

F-U dudu.

Insults FTW
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 28, 2008, 11:03:48 PM »
Personal insults are against forum policy.  Jonny is going to ban you.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 29, 2008, 12:11:18 AM »
Is it just me or is there no obvious robot leader progression?  So far I've beat four bosses and haven't found a single weapon to use against them that works better than my Mega Buster. 

I thought for sure the Black Hole Bomb I received from Galaxy Man would be great against Hornet Man.  Sure, it stopped his projectiles, but it didn't really hurt him at all.  Okay ... maybe against Splash Woman's fish attack.  Nope, that didn't work very well either.  Again, it stopped the attack but didn't hurt her very much.  Perhaps Plug Man would stop her (if the original Mega Man taught us anything, it's that electricity stops water).  Nope, that didn't do **** either.  Concrete Man's attack?  It was a long shot, and (as expected) it didn't pay off).  I wound up using my Mega Buster to wipe her out.

So now that I have Splash Woman's trident attack I tried to use it against Magma Man.  Water beats fire, right?  Nope.  (In hindsight, maybe Splash Woman before Concrete Man.  Water solidifies concrete?)

I'm loving the game, but it annoys me that I don't have clue about the optimal boss order.

I had one hint in regards to Splash Woman:
She takes extra damage from the Mega Buster, two pellets of energy.  I knew that, but didn't know the boss order, and still don't.
After that, I realized that a "Laser Trident" isn't really a water attack, so I figured lasers and crystals mix interestingly, and went after Crystal or Diamond man, or whatever his name is.  I'm bad at remembering names.  From Diamond Man, I went to Plug Man, again, a guess in logic, I don't recall my exact reasoning, to be honest.  From Plug Man, I went to Galaxy Man, thinking it would short him out or something.  I took Galaxy Man out on my first try with the Buster, though, since I normally use the first attempt as a scouting method, but he wound up being far too easy.  I haven't played since then, so I've no idea if it's his weakness or not, and I don't know where to go, but I'm thinking Concrete Man, I haven't made up my mind yet, though.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 29, 2008, 01:16:50 AM »
Yeah the order of powers isn't obvious at all.

As far as I can tell here is what works against each robot master:

(My brains a little tired I may get some of the robot masters names wrong lol)

Galaxy Man = Mega Buster

Splash Woman = Mega Buster

Concrete Man = Splash Woman's power

Jewel Man = Black Hole Bomb (Galaxy Man)

Plug Man = Jewel Man's power

Tornado Man = Spark Shot (Plug Man)

Magma Man = Tornado Man's power

Hornet Man = Magma Flame (Magma Man)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 29, 2008, 01:29:52 AM »
From what I've gathered from reaching the last level in Dr.Wily's castle, I can say that Mashiro got the right order except that both Galaxy Man and Splash Woman are wrong. You can definitely use C. SHOT on Galaxy Man, and you can definitely use H. CHASER on Splash Woman for bigger, and quicker damage.

By figuring out their weaknesses I've been able to get 4 QUICK DRAW challenges so far: H, J, P, and T.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 29, 2008, 01:37:19 AM »
Ah good to know thank you =D

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 29, 2008, 02:14:59 PM »
Yeah ... I didn't any of your post.  ;)  Half the fun is figuring out the "correct" boss order.  I don't want to spoil it by having the answer given to me.

I'm just a little miffed that the order is seemingly completely random instead of some sort of logical progression.

Metal Man > Wood Man > Air Man -- SOMEWHAT LOGICAL
Plant Man > Tomahawk Man > Yamoto Man -- NOT AT ALL LOGICAL

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 29, 2008, 02:42:36 PM »
I guess it's a good thing I started with Mega Man 3, so I don't even expect it to make sense.  Heck, Mega Man 3 even had two separate weakness loops.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #362 on: September 29, 2008, 03:26:51 PM »
Air Man > Crash Man?  AHAHAHAHAH WTF
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 29, 2008, 03:32:53 PM »
In my defense, I said SOMEWHAT LOGICAL.

Besides, Crash Man jumps like a mofo, so if you couldn't figure out you need to hit him with a weapon that shoot diagonally it's your own damn fault.  ;)

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 29, 2008, 04:01:02 PM »
Mega Man games have never been that logical.

Remember, MAV or Maxie (cant remember who) tried using Fire Mans weapon on Ice Man with no luck? Its the other way around, who'da thunk it!

Then theres MM2 where you use Leaf Sheild against Air Man. The only logic behind that was "we can clog his chest-fan thingy with a bunch of leaves, that'll do it right!?"

MM3 had us pwning the ninja-like robot that was Shadow Man with Top Mans little ballerina spins. You'd only know to use Pharoah Shot against Ring Man in MM4 if you were a fan of lord of the rings.. how Charge Kick works against Wave Man. Oh and Mega Man 6.... yikes! The only thing that makes sense there is the wind power blowing out Flame man and Blizzard Mans power killing off Plant man!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #365 on: September 29, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »
Yeah you'd think Air Man's leaf blower from Sears would render Wood Man's leaves inneffective.

Thank Zephos that Tales of Symphonia used classical elemental pairs.  Even if you were missing the primary opposite elemental, you could still take advantage of secondary elementals you might have.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 29, 2008, 04:45:16 PM »
Yeah you'd think Air Man's leaf blower from Sears would render Wood Man's leaves inneffective.

It did.  ;D  The mini tornadoes blocked the leaves.  You had to dodge them and then quickly hit Air Man with Leaf Shield before he shot more of them at you.

Offline shammack

• "This space intentionally left blank."
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 29, 2008, 07:41:08 PM »
Why is the number of lives displayed in two digits when it's not possible to get more than 9?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #368 on: September 29, 2008, 08:25:37 PM »
I would guess it has that old school flair.

I just beat the game.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 29, 2008, 09:56:24 PM »
congrats.

I had my older brother come over and play and he's amazed. He stopped caring for MM games after 3 or 4 and even then he only really liked MM 2. He's in love with this game and wants to come over next week to play some more, couldnt stop smiling while he got his ass kicked.

After he left i tried my hand at the wily stages.. they're not as tough as you guys make them out to be. Sure there were some "holy sh*t what do i do here" moments that might of induced a lil panic but if you keep a level head, they're actually a lil easier then some of the robot master levels.

I got thru the first stage with one death, and went thru the second one without losing a life. I did however use an e-tank on the boss cuz i was so close to beating it and didnt want to start over. Died stupidly in the third stage and got a game over, i should of stocked up on lives before entering and saving at wilys fortress, stupid me.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 29, 2008, 10:08:25 PM »
Congrats, Maxi.
Today I was really close to finishing this game, but I guess it will have to be done in the next couple of days.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #371 on: September 29, 2008, 10:48:42 PM »
Just wanted to update everyone saying I did play the demo on PS3 and it didn't feel quite right.  I compare that to playing Mega Man 2 on VC and I think I will go Wii after all.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 29, 2008, 11:01:13 PM »
Just wanted to update everyone saying I did play the demo on PS3 and it didn't feel quite right.  I compare that to playing Mega Man 2 on VC and I think I will go Wii after all.

One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble gooble gobble

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #373 on: September 29, 2008, 11:43:56 PM »
Thanks Everyone.

A couple tips. If you need weapon energy stop in an area and restock your supplies.In the first area after the miniboss is one.In the second area in the second room with the hard hat enemies beat them climb the ladder then go back down.In the third area past the area where you are floating upwards with the spikes past that room there  is a enemy that goes left than right and it has a shield on it. There is another. Finally in the fourth area before you fight the bosses again there is one of those hard hat enemies.

Also try finding alternate ways of getting past a room.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 29, 2008, 11:57:29 PM »
Not meaning to derail this thread but found this funny/sad. Looks like some one doesn't like the concept of MM9 DLC.
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa