Poll

Your favorite: Terran, Zerg, or Protoss?

Terran
13 (41.9%)
Zerg
5 (16.1%)
Protoss
13 (41.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: The Starcraft mega thread - Rising from the ashes.  (Read 162596 times)

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
Re: The Starcraft mega thread - The Michael Jordan of Starcraft.
« Reply #200 on: April 29, 2008, 08:37:48 AM »

The Zerg Roach

The Zerg Roach is the ultimate hybrid of the Zergling and the Hydralisk.  It’s a ranged attacking unit with speed that can be built between the Zergling and the Hydra in the tech tree.  The big defining ability of the Roach is that it has a super quick regeneration rate.

Normally Zerg heal 1 hp per second.  The Roach will heal 15 hp per second up to their maximum hp of 90.  This makes them devastating in 1v1 style fights.  The only way to deal with it is to use focus fire and attack them one at a time.  Immortals and Tanks will also be a good answer with their increased damage vs heavy armored units.

The hp regeneration rate may be adjusted for balancing purposes, although early reports have indicated that the regeneration rate isn’t causing any major problems thus far during testing.  It’s been said that if a Protoss player has 5 Stalkers vs 5 Roaches, the Stalkers win the encounter as long as the Protoss player micros a little bit.  This unit sounds as though it will be a nightmare for more macro oriented players.

Fast regeneration or not, that’s just too much firepower for the Zerg to contend with.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Starcraft mega thread - Eeeww! A Roach!
« Reply #201 on: April 29, 2008, 09:45:22 AM »
Is that Stalker shooting mulitple targest at once?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 29, 2008, 10:01:20 AM »
Can the Roach survive a nuclear blast?
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #203 on: April 29, 2008, 11:06:45 AM »
Is that Stalker shooting mulitple targest at once?

No, that's the Colossus shooting multiple blasts on the right side of the pic.

Can the Roach survive a nuclear blast?

Ironically no it cannot, as the nuke does 800 points of damage at it's center point.  Perhaps they should consider changing the name to something else.  One of the developers recently commented that the Protoss Immortal can survive a direct nuke blast and only receive 10 points of damage.  The Immortal's hardened shield ability absorbs all damage over 10.  Sick.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 30, 2008, 07:20:56 AM »
I guess nuking things from orbit isn't the way to be sure any more.

Personally, I am not interested in SC2 itself. I would love to see what maps get whipped up by the community. Crap, they would just make a copy of DotA. I hate WC3 sometime because of that map.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #205 on: April 30, 2008, 08:40:04 AM »

Pimp Plays 2004

Back in 2002, the website SCLegacy.com created a top 10 list of the best or pimpest Starcraft plays of the year.  The list became extremely popular with the Starcraft community and they have created a new list every year since.  Some of the earlier plays from 2002 and 2003 didn’t were not recorded and uploaded to the internet, thus they could only be explained via pictures.  Starting in 2004 they were able to get the plays recorded and put online in an easier format for people to view.

Some of the plays shown represent a single moment in a match that stands out as pimp.  In a lot of cases the player performing the pimp play doesn’t even win the match.  So, without further ado, I present the Pimp Plays of 2004:

Pimp Plays 2004 part 1

Pimp Plays 2004 part 2

Feel free to ask questions if you don't understand what happened in any of the plays and I'll explain it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 08:49:53 AM by bosshogx »
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: The Starcraft mega thread - That's pimp 04 edition.
« Reply #206 on: April 30, 2008, 11:48:47 AM »
What exactly happened in part 1 with the Dark Templar blocking the ramp?

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #207 on: April 30, 2008, 12:26:21 PM »
What exactly happened in part 1 with the Dark Templar blocking the ramp?

What happened there was that both players were Protoss and both went with a dark templar rush.  They ended up in a race to see who could wipe out the others base fastest.  It ended up that neither one had any detection left and did not have a way of seeing the invisible dark templars.  After killing each others units, both players ended up holding position on their respective ramps to keep the other players templars out of their base.

The one player highlighted in the video clumped his 3 remaining templars together right on his opponents ramp right next to the invisible templar he couldn't see or move past.  He then had 2 of his templars merge together to form a dark archon.  The dark archon unit is rather large and needs space to spawn.  When this happens within your own units, they will spread out to give the unit room to form.

Because the remaining dark templar was between an invisible enemy and the archon, he had no where to move.  In those cases, the AI automatically moves it to make room.  This caused his templar to squeeze past the enemy unit when it shouldn't been able too.  Once inside the opponents base, he finished off his last remaining pylon and won the game.

Had he not done that or had no extra templars to make that happen, neither player would have moved from his ramp and the game would end up being a draw.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 30, 2008, 02:39:52 PM »

Personally, I am not interested in SC2 itself. I would love to see what maps get whipped up by the community. Crap, they would just make a copy of DotA. I hate WC3 sometime because of that map.

Yeah. I practically gave 2+ years of my life to the WC3 World Editor, and was already captivated by the SC editor before that. I anticipate the the SC2 editor will be heaven. I can't wait to make a new "real life" map for it!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #209 on: April 30, 2008, 03:07:25 PM »

Yeah. I practically gave 2+ years of my life to the WC3 World Editor, and was already captivated by the SC editor before that. I anticipate the the SC2 editor will be heaven. I can't wait to make a new "real life" map for it!

My roommate is in love with the editor as well.  He's always trying to make maps that have bizarre or different play styles that need to be used in order to win.  Most of the times his maps are unbalanced and hardly get played because of it.  Although recently he made a map based on the movie 300.

Player one was Protoss and has an army of 300 fully upgraded Zealots, a few observers, and a Nexus (Sparta).  Player two controls Xerxes's (lol, Zergxes) army which is comprised of about 1700 Zerg units.  I'd say it's about 1200 Zerglings and the rest being a mix of hydras, ultralisks, lurkers, and defilers.  In addition, the Zerg army gets a small group of Dark Templars to represent the "Immortals" from the movie.  The map is layed out to have a opening about 15 units wide and represents Thermopylae.  There is also a smaller back door route that the Zerg can use to flank the entrenched army.  I came close to winning as the Protoss the first time we played, but lost significantly ever time afterwards.

It's a fun diversion and really focuses all your attention on micromanagement and hit and run tactics.  It's amazing how many waves and waves of Zerglings can crash into a Zealot line and not budge them.  :)
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #210 on: May 01, 2008, 08:21:30 AM »

The Protoss Cybernetics Core

The Cybernetics Core allows the Protoss to create more powerful ground forces such as the Immortal and Stalker.  This building is also required to make any of the more advanced building such as the Stargate, Templar Archives, and Robotics Bay.  In addition, the Core also allows the Protoss to upgrade the attack and defensive values of all of their air units.  Finally, this is the building needed to purchase the ability to transform Gateways to Warpgates.

Air armor can be upgraded 3 times.  The upgrades are as follows:

Level 1: 150 minerals, 150 gas, 75 seconds research time.
Level 2: 225 minerals, 225 gas, 90 seconds research time.
Level 3: 300 minerals, 300 gas, 105 seconds research time.

Air weapons can be upgraded 3 times.  The upgrades are as follows:

Level 1: 100 minerals, 100 gas, 75 seconds research time.
Level 2: 175 minerals, 175 gas, 90 seconds research time.
Level 3: 250 minerals, 250 gas, 105 seconds research time.

Warpgate transformations is a one time purchase.  The upgrades are as follows:

Warpgates: 150 minerals, 150 gas, 75 seconds research time.

What will you purchase first? Armor, weapons, warpgates?  Decisions, decisions...
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
Re: The Starcraft mega thread - Penfold: Core, DM.
« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2008, 08:53:22 AM »

Pimp Plays 2002/2003

I was able to locate a movie containing the Pimp Plays from 2002 and 2003 the website SCLegacy.com.

The 2002 part features a single marine killing five zerglings, five strategies showing off Boxer’s jedi like skills, a single drones journey to survive a single wraith attacks, and a prime example of why you shouldn’t get overconfident when rushing an opponent.

The 2003 part features a variety of ways to land buildings in an opponents base, a few players that show how using every spell in the game to their fullest advantage, a single firebat killing 30 zerglings, and Boxer nuke rushing a poor Protoss player.

As usual, I will fully explain anything happening in the videos.  Also, the video compilations don’t actually include all of the plays for that year.  If you’re interested in seeing the left out plays, click on the above link for descriptions with pictures.

So, without further ado, I present the Pimp Plays of 2002 and 2003:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDMSD_XnZFA

Enjoy!
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
Re: The Starcraft mega thread - Pimpin' ain't easy.
« Reply #212 on: May 06, 2008, 08:28:39 AM »

Interview with Dustin Browder

Is discussed earlier in this thread, Dustin Browder is the guy in charge of making SC2.  He seems generally excited about bringing the hardcore and the not so hardcore fans a version of SC2 that captures the feel and excitement of the original.  He has also said that he is trying not to just make SC1 in 3D.  The game designers are paying a lot of attention to making the user interface jive with current RTS standards.  This will include MBS, auto mining, smart casting, unlimited unit selection, ect.

Below are a set of links to an interview he conducted last year about SC2.  This interview happened before the Zerg were released and some of the newer features were announced.  Even if he doesn’t release a lot of new information, seeing a guy with this much passion about a project lifts my spirits for a good final product.  Only time will tell.

Dustin Bowder interview part 1

Dustin Bowder interview part2
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
Re: The Starcraft mega thread - Lead Designer speaks.
« Reply #213 on: May 15, 2008, 09:27:55 AM »

The Protoss Phoenix

The Protoss Phoenix is the new replacement fighter for the antiquated Scouts and Corsairs.  This new fighter is quick, agile, and excels in air to air combat versus smaller units.  It’s not quite as effective against capital ships, due to it’s weak attack and low shields.

The Phoenix also has a researchable ability called overload.  When used, the Phoenix gathers up energy around itself and unleashes it upon the six closest enemies around it doing a large amount of damage.  The drawback is that the range isn’t that great, and worse yet, the ship loses all of it’s power for about five to six seconds rendering it unable to defend itself.

Smart enemies will micro their units away from the Phoenix when they see the overload energy charging and swarm back in to finish them off while it’s helpless.

Here's a video of the Phoenix in action.

Concept art.

Overloading!
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The Starcraft mega thread - Rising from the ashes.
« Reply #214 on: October 11, 2008, 12:32:37 AM »
Hell,'bout time this thread got bumped...

All I gotta say is mother lovin' KABOOM!
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 11, 2008, 07:59:38 AM »
Quite possibly the worst news ever for starcraft.

I don't give a rats ass about how many missions their are. If it isn't all 3 campaigns in one game the game is simply not complete.

So now we are stuck buying three games that should really be one.

I'm sorry I love blizzard but this is a terrible decision.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 13, 2008, 01:52:15 PM »
I don't give a rats ass about how many missions their are. If it isn't all 3 campaigns in one game the game is simply not complete.

A. Cry moar
B. That's one of the dumber things I've heard said about this news.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 13, 2008, 02:40:05 PM »
It sounds pretty lame to me, too.  If I'm going to play Starcraft 2 multiplayer, do I have to have all three games from the trilogy?  Will I only be able to play as the Terrans if I only buy the Terran chapter?  And if not, why in the world would I buy more than one?  The single player game isn't that great.  Sure, I always play through it, but I also always get sick of the terrible scenarios and use cheats just to see the story unfold and never play it again.

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #218 on: October 13, 2008, 03:24:34 PM »
Oh! My old thread returns!

Ok folks, calm down, calm down.  From what I've read in interviews, the two campaigns should be considered expansions.  Starcraft 2 will release with a full single player campaign that focuses on the Terran, but will have parts that have you playing as the Zerg and Protoss.  About a year later (~2010) we'll get the first expansion which will focus on the Zerg campaign.  Finally, a year after that (~2011) the last expansion will release which will focus on the Protoss campaign.

Now, it hasn't been officially confirmed as to whether or not these extra games will change multiplayer with new units or tweaks ala Brood Wars.  If they do, then we should treat them as expansion paks.  If they don't add anything to the game but single player missions, then you should consider them as episodic content ala Half-Life 2 or Sam & Max.

It's far too early to be getting our panties in a bunch over this news.  Just relax and fry some Zerglings to relieve your stress.  It works for me.  :)
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
Re: The Starcraft mega thread - Now a Trilogy!
« Reply #219 on: October 13, 2008, 04:48:28 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and update this thread with the rest of the changes that have happened since the thread got buried.  This will be a long update, you've been warned!

Terran

Infantry:

Marines - The all purpose unit hasn't changed since it's initial showing.  Still gets stim packs, health and range upgrades.

Marauders - This new unit is the Marines best friend.  A bigger, stronger, slower infantry unit that shoots grenades.  The grenades slow down all organic units (Zerglings, Zealots, Marines, etc) and does bonus damage to heavy units (Tanks, Immortals, Ultralisks).  Not great by themselves, but perfect when used as a support unit to Marines.

Ghosts - Still unchanged.  Can cloak (turn invisible), drop Nukes, Snipe targets, shoot EMP missles, and detect units with energy in the fog of war.  Don't leave home without them.

Reaper - The jet pack wearing prisoners haven't changed much outside of getting bonus damage vs. small units.  This extends their usefulness through out the end game.

Metal:

Hellion - Take the old Vulture and merge it with the Firebat and you get the Hellion.  It's basically a fast moving 4 wheeler that shoots long streams of splash damaging fire.  The Hellion is great for killing packed groups of enemies or raiding workers.

Viking - This unit can be upgraded to make it transform from a ground to ground attacking unit into a air to air attacking unit.  The flexibility of this unit makes it like a Marine, not great at any one task, but not bad at anything either.  All around useful.

Siege Tank - Nothing changed and honestly didn't need to.  Great unit.

Thor - The huge lumbering Thor has been tweaked a lot since it was first shown and will probably continue to change before the game releases.  It's primary purpose is against air units as it does extra damage to heavy air units.  It also has a special ability to repair itself after it has been destroyed in the field.  If the enemy doesn't finish off the wreckage, it will begin to repair itself.

Air Force:

Banshee - An air to ground bomber that can cloak.  A definite must have support unit to any ground force.

Nighthawk - The new name for the Nomad.  Basically a flying spell caster that can deploy spider mines, auto-turrets, and targeting drones.  It's also the only unit that can detect invisible and burrowed units for the Terran.

Battlecruiser - The juggernaut of the Terran air force.  High hit points, powerful weaponry, but slow and expensive.  Can be equipped with either a single shot high damaging Yamamoto cannon or with a anti air cluster missle barrage.  Choices...

Medivac Dropship - The Medic has now been fused with the dropship to create the Medivac Dropship.  This unit can carry up to 8 supply worth of units in addition it will be able to heal infantry units within range.  Still being tweaked to make it viable.

Zerg

Basic mutations:

Zerglings - Fast, cheap, and low hit points.  Attack early and in swarms to drive your opponent nuts.

Banelings - A Zergling mutation.  Banelings are rolling bombs that deal splash damage to any unit it runs in to.  Devastating vs infantry and buildings.

Roach - A ground to ground ranged attacker that can quickly regenerate it's hit points.  In order to kill them, a player must focus fire on them.  Use them to absorb enemy fire so that Zerglings and Banelings can get close for the kill.

Advanced mutations:

Hydralisk - The Hydra has gotten better at killing air units and has gotten stronger all around.  A staple of any balanced Zerg force.

Lurker - An evolved version of the Hydra.  The Lurker loses it's ability to shoot air, but can attack while burrowed.  In addition, it's attack hits as splash which allows it to shred groups of enemy infantry.

Mutalisk - The fast, weak, harasser of the Zerg air force returns unchanged.  It's still really good at what it does, killing workers and stray infantry.

Corruptor - A air to air unit that shoots spores at it's enemies.  Once the enemies hit points have been depleted, they become infested and will start shooting on their own units for a set period of time.

Super mutations:

Ultralisk - The mammoth Zerg ground unit.  It can attack 4 units at a time with it's claws and has a huge amount of hit points.  Sending these in with Zerglings and spell casters usually means the end for any opponent.

Swarm Guardian - A long range air to ground bomber that infects it's enemies with it's attack.  Every hit on an enemy spawns little critters that will attack and harass enemies until they are killed or run out of energy.

Infestor - The Zerg spell caster that can move while burrowed.  In addition to casting a variety of crippling spells, it can infest buildings.  Once infected, the buildings will begin spouting out Infested Marines for a short while.  Instant army!

Special mutations

Overseer - An upgraded Overlord.  The Overseer can detect units, has increased vision while not moving, can heal Zerg units nearby, morph itself into a Nydus Worm to transport Zerg armies all over the map quickly, and create Changelings.  Changelings are short lived spy units that assume the form of enemy units to allow you to sneak into a enemy base undetected.

Queen - The hive mother of the Zerg.  She is primarily used as base defense and has spells that will heal or upgrade buildings around her.  As you go up the tech tree, the Queen will mutate as well, gaining more hit points, magic, and spells.  You can only have one Queen at a time.

Protoss

Ground units:

Zealot - Unchanged from it's original form.  Hard hitting and harder to kill ground to ground attacker.  Can be upgraded to have a "dash" move that helps them close in on their opponents.

Stalker - A unit that can teleport over short distances or up/down cliffs.  Very useful for harassing workers or killing off retreating units.

Immortal - A powerful unit that has a special shield that reduces all heavy attacks against it to minimal damage.  Great at destroying Siege Tanks or Ultralisks, but relatively helpless against smaller units like Marines and Zerglings.  Can take a Nuclear Missle blast and walk away with only 10 damage done!

Nullifier - An early game support unit to the Protoss ground forces.  Uses a force beam on opponents for little damage, but slows down their movement and attack speeds.  Can cast spells such as Anti-Gravity (picks up a unit or building and holds them in the air) or Force Field (creates an barrier that units have to move around).

High Templar - Another spell caster.  This unit can cast Hallucination and Psionic Storm.  In addition, two Templars can merge themselves together and form a Archon.

Archon - High damage, high shields, splash damage, hits air and ground.  What more do you need?

Dark Templar - Permanently cloaked units that do large amounts of damage to any ground units they encounter.  One of the weakest ground units for the Protoss, so keep them away from detection units and buildings.

Collossus - A massive unit that can walk up and down cliffs easily.  Hits enemy ground units with a splash attack laser.  Can also be upgraded to have a larger shield to absorb more damage.  The drawback?  It can be hit by both air and ground units because of it's size.

Air units:

Pheonix - An air to air specialist that can overload it's systems to do massive damage to any units nearby.  Afterwards, the ship goes offline and is helpless.

Phase Prism - One part transport, one part energy provider.  Having a Phase Prism deploy will allow the Protoss access to any spells or buildings that require Pylon power.  Use it in conjunction with Warp Gates for fast reinforcing of the front lines.

Void Ray - A flying unit that uses a focused laser beam that does increased damage the longer it's deployed.  Great against strong units with high hit points and buildings.  Vunerable to smaller units like Vikings, Phoenixs, and Mutalisks.

Carriers - The flying blimps return with little change.  They deploy smaller swarming fighers to attack from a long range.

Observers - Small cloaked satellites that can detect other cloaked units.  Great for spying all over the map for little risk.

Mothership - The biggest spell caster in the game.  She can cast Time Bomb which nullifies all attacks against it for a short duration.  She can also use her energy to recharge other spell casters around her.  Finally, she can teleport units to her position on the map.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 14, 2008, 12:20:43 AM »
Still waiting for more details, such as price point, and firm release dates before I fly off the handle.  ;)

Some smart guy weighs in.
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #221 on: October 14, 2008, 08:39:47 AM »
Still waiting for more details, such as price point, and firm release dates before I fly off the handle.  ;)

That guy brings up a lot of good points.  I agree that Blizzard may be getting too much of the "artist" syndrome and probably should scale it back a bit.  The problem I'm incurring is that I'm helplessly addicted to the multiplayer.  I can only hope that if they release these extra campaigns with multiplayer additions that they scale the price back to $20-$30.  Doubtful, but a brother can hope, can't he?
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 14, 2008, 12:33:45 PM »
I only found out about the trilogy-expansions this a few minutes ago.  I'm not flying off the handle, but my initial feeling is one of disappointment.  Especially since I'll have to wait until 2011 to play the single player campaign of the Protoss.  Since the original Starcraft has lived for a decade on it's multiplayer, the decision to place so much emphasis on the single player campaigns is a bit puzzling.

As others have said, this does raise a lot of questions about the nature of the multiplayer.  In the first game, one purpose of the single player campaign was to train the player in the use of the different units for each race.  It would seem that Zerg and Protoss players will have much more steep learning curves in multiplayer if a tutorial campaign is not available to them at the outset.

Will the multiplayer experiences be different for all three games? Will people who don't own all three versions still be able to play against one another in a basic version of multiplayer?  I'm very interested in finding out the answer.

It's interesting.  On a later entry he makes the argument that Blizzard is setting us up for an eventual MMO announcement.  I tend to agree.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 02:12:20 PM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #223 on: March 15, 2010, 09:46:42 PM »
I just got my old StarCraft discs reinstalled and am about halfway through the Zerg campaign. I love StarCraft but I never got this far into the game before, for various reasons. I am beyond pumped for StarCraft II. I'm crossing my fingers for a beta key next month when the Mac beta comes out. I registered for the beta a long time ago, and I'm hoping the number of people who registered for the Mac beta isn't so huge that I don't have a chance.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2010, 10:11:53 PM »
lol immediate starcraft thread finding upon ign starcraft 2 hyping
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post