Author Topic: Another The Incredibles Game Coming  (Read 3521 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Another The Incredibles Game Coming
« on: February 01, 2005, 02:19:15 PM »
Because one The Incredibles game wasn't enough.

THQ ANNOUNCES THE INCREDIBLES WILL BE BACK IN ACTION ON ALL MAJOR GAME SYSTEMS

Follow-Up to the Top Selling Videogame Set to Hit Stores This Fall

CALABASAS HILLS, Calif., February 1, 2005 - THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced a follow-up to the hit videogame based on a Walt Disney Pictures presentation of a Pixar Animations Studios film, The Incredibles.  The follow-up to The Incredibles is scheduled to release this fall on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and PSP™ handheld entertainment system, the Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, Game Boy® Advance and Nintendo DS videogame systems, and PC/Mac.  

THQ continues to enjoy enormous success with The Incredibles, which launched in conjunction with the theatrical release this past November.  Shipments of the game domestically have exceeded 2.5 million units and it finished 2004 as the overall best-selling new property of the year in the U.S., according to The NPD Group.

"Our ability to work with Disney and Pixar in creating this all new videogame based on the extremely popular Incredibles property demonstrates the depth of THQ's relationship with the talented teams at Disney and Pixar," said Jack Sorensen, Executive Vice President of Worldwide Studios, THQ.  "This next installment in the videogame series will give millions of fans worldwide the opportunity to interact with Mr. Incredible and many other beloved Incredibles characters in a brand new adventure this fall."

"The first game based on The Incredibles truly represented the high action vision Director Brad Bird had for the film," said Pixar Animation Studios John Walker, producer of The Incredibles.  "This new game will encompass all the thrills and intensity of the first while taking players and our favorite superheroes to an entirely new dimension of The Incredibles world."

"After the amazing success of The Incredibles film and videogames, we look forward to BVG, Pixar and THQ joining forces once again to bring fans another chapter in this action-packed franchise," said Graham Hopper, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Buena Vista Games, Inc. (BVG).

THQ's Heavy Iron Studios will develop the next console versions of The Incredibles and the company's Nintendo handheld studio Helixe, will develop the Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS versions.  THQ's PSP exclusive studio, Pacific Coast Power & Light, will develop the PSP version of the game.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
RE: Another
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 02:37:32 PM »
Will people actually come back for more after wasting money on the horrible previous game? Not many of them, but all those unlucky gamers who missed out on the first one will probably pick this up! I hope for the millions of people who will buy this along all platforms, that the game turns out at least decent.

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 03:10:07 PM »
"The Incredibles 2: The Search For More Money"

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 03:24:35 PM »
Ugh.  I think it's hilarious and by hilarious I mean god awful how many people buy crap like this.  I mean, this is the second Incredibles game (owait, there's a GBA one, no?), and there are like 400 Spongebob games out already.    
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
RE: Another The Incredibles Game Coming
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 05:29:23 PM »
I agree with KN.
The sponge must die!!!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Bartman3010

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 05:43:37 PM »
I think Brad Bird just screamed.
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline Aussie Ben PGC

• BIG BAD BOOT!
    • View Profile
RE:Another The Incredibles Game Coming
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 10:15:01 PM »
This fellow says:

HA HA HA YOU BOUGHT THIS GAME  
It's got a duck bill, you moron!

Watch Me Unnecessarily Flaunt My Games

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 01:39:47 AM »
PSP version = port of the console one.
DS version = port.. of the .. GBA one with lame touch screen option menu?  

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 07:09:31 AM »
I can understand how someone can be fooled into getting a crappy licenced game.  They like the Incredibles movie and the idea of a game based on the film sounds like fun.  I don't understand how someone can be fooled twice.  Now maybe they're not smart enough to figure out that 90% of licenced games suck.  But if they have to be insanely dumb to buy another game that uses the same licence.  When I see a movie that sucks I don't go see the sequel.  So if I buy a game that sucks I also don't buy the sequel.  If the first Spongebob game was crap then the odds are really good the second game will be crap.  And the third and fourth.  How stupid can a person be?

So who are these dolts who buy the second Lizzy Maquire game or all the Olsen twins games.  A game for Shrek 3 was recently announced.  Who after buying the first TERRIBLE Shrek games went out and bought games based on the second movie?  How do these people have money to buy these in the first place?  You have to have a certain amount of intelligence to keep a job.

Now maybe the parents are just buying it for their kids.  That's still unaccepatble.  If a kid doesn't like something he should tell his parents.  If he doesn't he's a dumbass.  And parents should never buy a gift for their kid that they didn't ask for.  Otherwise you're just being a very insensitive and uncaring parent.

I've seen kids in stores with their parents tell the parent directly that they want a certain game and the parent IGNORES THEM and pressures them into buying some licenced crap instead.  What do these people care what games their kids play if the game is rated 'E'?  Isn't the whole point to make the kid happy?  I've seen salesmen who make their living off of selling people useless sh!t tell customers not to buy a crappy licenced game and the person ignores them.  When a salesman tells you not to buy a product he is supposed to try to sell because it's crappy what sort of moron ignores them?  He has NOTHING to gain by not selling you something.

I don't really know what point I'm trying to make.  I guess I'm just saying that a lot of people are really stupid.

Offline Aussie Ben PGC

• BIG BAD BOOT!
    • View Profile
RE:Another The Incredibles Game Coming
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 10:14:19 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane

So who are these dolts who buy the second Lizzy Maquire game or all the Olsen twins games.

Hey hey hey, don't go dissing Lizzie McGuire 2.  That game is surprisingly good.  Especially the Waiting Tables mini-game.

It's got a duck bill, you moron!

Watch Me Unnecessarily Flaunt My Games

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 10:23:46 PM »
LOL Laughing Guy.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807